Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited

Go down 
+10
Eevil-Psycho
brandon
Rockstar_Sinistar
Baal
Zero
Skip
A_Nonny_Moose
Talking Sock
Superbuu3
Golden Boy
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 7:59 pm

Blair wrote:
I forgot to mention that swimsuits for men are disgusting.

Gonna make sure to wear Miguel's swimsuit just for when I play against you.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 8:02 pm

Oh please don't.

Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 8:28 pm

bob swimsuit
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 8:59 pm

How many swimsuits is it per character?
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 11:11 pm

Judging by Lars and Steve, every male character must have the same ugly swimsuit in 3 different colours.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 12:15 am

My newest super flashy combo:

Steve: ch 412-5
Lars: u/f3, fc1, ws2-f, se d/f1-5
Steve: d/f121-b, dck1
Lars: de1-f, se1 (101 damage)

412 (sidestep right, shoulder, uppercut) was nerfed to launch opponents backwards. This was the only combo I was able to find with Lars that flips them.

I've trouble finding useful TA! for Lars in Steve's combos.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 10:45 am

Comboing has gotten much more interesting, but also harder, not only execution-wise.
In T6, all you had to worry about was the distance from the wall.

In Tag 2, you've to take the following scenarios in mind:

- solo combo, same as T6, maybe finish it with a move that tags out your character fast

- tag combo, leaves no red life, but resets the amount of damage needed for your partner to get rage and your other character may be weakened

- tag assault, some extra damage and/or wall carry and/or oki options, but you lose your characters' rage and the partner's red life, while your opponent's second character gets rage; might be more useful when you don't have to lose much or your opponent is close to rage anyway. You may also have to change your usual combo for a more efficient tag assault

- tag combo, using tag assault too

Btw, tag throws (2+tag) also remove ted life and bring in your partner.
Also, when tagging, then incoming character can use their running moves (fff3, fff4, fff1+2, running throw). It's a pretty smart move when the other player doesn't expect it (like after you make him whiff his attack).
And for the list to be complete, I'll also mention tag crash (safe, fast way to tag-in). It's punishable though if it whiffs. It removes all the red life of the character leaving and the rage of the one coming in. Raw tag has way too much recovery, but it can be cancelled faster if you input a move, Raw tag near the wall is even more dangerous because the character jumps down in front of it.

All in all, the tag mechanic adds A LOT OF depth and makes much more fun and interesting.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 5:10 am

I played ghost battle yesterday and I unlocked more stuff and a few endings, but I don't think there are any new items that arcade version doesn't have already. Also, I noticed that you don't unlock anything for playing online.
Online matches give a lot of money though. I made about 10 million in less than 50 matches.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 10:47 pm

Did you check out the Fight Lab yet? Seeing how it's been so long, and that I was never that good of a player to begin with, I'd like to know if that mode could actually help me improve so I don't get mauled online. Does it do its job well?
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 3:03 pm

Not really. It covers very basic stuff.Only the final stage of fight lab is useful which teaches tag combos and tag assaults. I usually watch vids of top players to get an idea of how I'd be playing a character.
I suggest that you avoid online ranked matches for a week or so. I keep running into players with 75+% ratios and most of them are too good.

I played Ghost Battle again and I noticed that the characters whose icon appears in gold give the stuff. For beating them you get:

- their ending
- special head items which activates when the character has rage
- upper body accessories
- lower body accsessories
- one (upper body and lower body) costume from T6 that you can't buy
- rage colours, hit effect colours and auras
- character panel artwork

Edit: when you guys get the game, go to tekken.com and register to world tekken federation so we can make a team
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 1:01 pm

My copy arrived today. That was faster than I expected.

I tell ya, there's nothing like a mandatory 7gb install to kill your excitement for playing a game.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 1:02 pm

... not getting this if its 7gb forget that.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 1:39 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
My copy arrived today. That was faster than I expected.

I tell ya, there's nothing like a mandatory 7gb install to kill your excitement for playing a game.

You should have started a "My copy of Tekken Tag 2 arrived today" thread.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 5:39 pm

Oh god the retarded hair system is back and it's even worse. You have to buy a base hair and equip it before you can even look at the various bangs and stuff, and that's even more arduous in this game than it was in Tekken 6 because it has to save between every damn screen and then you have to save a preview picture before going back to buy anything else.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 5:50 pm

Anyway I suspect it'll take me ages to actually start playing this properly. I always go through the entire roster's movelists in practice mode whenever I get a new Tekken, and I want to go through arcade with everyone as well eventually.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 6:49 pm

It shouldn't take you that long. Many characters are not particularly unique. I mean we've got:

- 3 Mishimas and Angel
- 2 Bears
- 3 Capos
- 2 Jacks
- 2 Laws
- 2 Changs
- 2 Kazamas
- Roger Jr. and Alex
- Mokujin and Combot

and soon we'll also have:

- 2 Bobs
- 2 Lilis
- 2 Lees
- 2 Xiaoyus
- 2 Juns

(ok, to be fair, Jinpachu, Kuni and Jun are fairly unique)
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 7:55 pm

2 Bobs are the right amount of Bobs.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 2:23 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 7:05 pm

I'm going to finish Saints Row 3 and then probably play DOA for a bit before I get into this.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 2:28 am

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 10 OwaJg

I want to shake that man's hand.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 3:08 am

Harada really is one of the best men in video games.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 9:39 am

People are seriously bitching about not getting old game music included? Almost as bad as the people claiming that Platinum betrayed everyone by making Bayonetta 2 Wii U exclusive when Nintendo was the only publisher who wanted to fund it.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 4:46 pm

Kunimitsu can duck certain mids for some unknown reason. Also Ancient Ogre has an infinite against a wall.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 5:13 pm

Where did you get this info from?

~~~

Combos have gotten too hard execution-wise for me.

Lars solo combos are easier than they were in T6 thanks to d/f1, d/b2~ SE requiring only one dash after B! and d/b2~f, SE d/f1 being easier than f/b21 (does 1 damage less though).
Steve's solo combos are now harder because ff2 hitbox got fucking nerfed. Now you have to do the duck cancel combos for decent damage and they aren't easy.

Lars' best combo enders after TA! are ff2~f, SE and iSW, which are pretty easy to do after a string that sends the opponent high. Unfortunately, Steve's best TA! I was able to find doesn't. I'll have to settle for less damage.

But the wall TA! combos are definitely my biggest problem. Lars' best TA! is 1+2~b, f4121 and Steve's qcf1~b, FLK1112. So many buttons to press and you have to be really fast.

It's exhausting.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 5:25 pm

I've tried both. Ogre's infinite is really weird. The mid-high-mid-high string of his infinite kick doeesn't have enough push back on hit, so he never goes out of range when the opponent is backed against a wall. But the opponent also never gets a chance to block, which should have happen after the second hit. Lee has the same move and in the same situation the opponent can block after the second hit, and even if they don't block Lee get's pushed back on the 4th hit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Unlimited
Page 10 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next