Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Infamous 2

Go down 
+6
Superbuu3
Zero
SimianWonder
Neo
Skip
A_Nonny_Moose
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Infamous 2 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infamous 2   Infamous 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 2:40 pm

All the pre-order DLC got released today. Might buy the character skin pack. Only really want Kessler and I1 Cole, but both separately cost as much as the pack, so I might as well get the reapon skin too.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Infamous 2   Infamous 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 5:58 pm

Can someone outline what this improves on the first? Or what it does worse?

For example i'm playing through the first again now and that bit where you have to get adler really freaking drags.

If you can be assed write a review of it. I think i might start doing that again.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Old School
A Pretty Fly Guy
Old School

PostSubject: Re: Infamous 2   Infamous 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 6:17 pm

Hoo-za!

I might possibly get the Internet back today.
So I'll be playing the online portion for this and finally platinum it.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Infamous 2   Infamous 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 11:56 pm

I'd say it improves upon everything, just not by much.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Infamous 2   Infamous 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 2:28 am

I agree with Moose, nothing really stands out as being 'the thing' that they improved, it's just all round better.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Infamous 2   Infamous 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 2:31 am

Well, if there is that one thing, it's definitely melee. It's still incredibly basic but Infamous 1's melee was utter crap, so it's a big improvement.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Infamous 2   Infamous 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 2:38 am

I thought the climbing was much improved. It was far less clingy and frustrating.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Infamous 2   Infamous 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 2:41 am

Uh how about i list what annoyed me and you say if the problems been solved.

1. Cole being so slow at moving around the town.
2. A lot of powers seeming completely useless, i.e. polarity shield, gigawatt blades, megawatt hammer.
3. Lack of variety of enemies and the most intersting enemies (reaper conduit) only being in the beginning of the game,
4. Some sections dragged on, chasing Adler, capturing him etc.
5. The town though large basically looked the same
6. Repetitive missions
7. No actual difference in terms of story being good or bad.
8. Everything being so pathetically weak there was no challenging fights.
9. Dull bosses.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Infamous 2   Infamous 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 2:50 am

1. It's still slow compared to Prototype, but it's faster than inFamous 1.
2. The polarity shield and megawatt hammers were pretty useful, but most powers are useful in 2 plus you have alternatives of each power to choose from. Different sorts of grenades etc.
3. There's more variety.
4. I haven't finished it yet but I don't think anything dragged on really. Someone else might want to say something.
5. There are visual differences in areas. One part is flooded and torn up.
6. Still there, though not to the same extent.
7. Can't say yet.
8. They were a few challenging fights, certainly more so than 1.
9. The bosses aren't that exciting so far but again they're better than 1.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Infamous 2   Infamous 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 2:55 am

Not a problem at all anymore

2. A lot of powers seeming completely useless, i.e. polarity shield, gigawatt blades, megawatt hammer.
How you found the polarity shield useless is beyond me, but there are ample skills this time though I guess you only really need a couple to get through the game.

3. Lack of variety of enemies and the most intersting enemies (reaper conduit) only being in the beginning of the game,
It's a little better but not much

I guess.

Very different envirnments in comparison to the first this time around.

6. Repetitive missions
Again addressed and fixed but some repetative missions still exist.

This time there is more difference. Whether you get ice or fire powers goes along with it too

Pretty much the same case except for those ice titans. Until you get a decent stratagy they will piss you off.

9. Dull bosses.
better I guess but don't expect many.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Infamous 2   Infamous 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 3:21 am

He feels faster on his feet, and the city has a lot more useful stuff in it for getting around. Plus if you're good you get the ice launch which is the best mobility power in either game, which the possible exception of the improved thrusters.

Powers are more varied. Rather than upgrading a power you unlock different versions of it and you can switch between them any time. You'll still probably stick a select few though.

It's about the same, but you get all enemy types together by the end as far as I remember.

Can't remember any bits like that.

There's 3 distinct areas in the new town with their own look.

6. Repetitive missions
Probably about the same.

Aside from the few choice missions, the story is the same whether you're bad or good. Same cutscenes and everything. Which annoyed me because the starting scenes are different depending on your alignment, but then that never happens again until the very end.

The endings are vastly different though, and worth playing through twice for. I liked both of them quite a bit.

The big ice guys can be a real pain, but other than that it's easy enough.

9. Dull bosses.
There's only one real boss fight in the game, and it's used twice. It's not bad but it's very easy.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Infamous 2   Infamous 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 3:26 am

Thanks that sounds good to me then overall

Quote :
How you found the polarity shield useless is beyond me, but there are ample skills this time though I guess you only really need a couple to get through the game.
The only thing in the game that i could see a use for a polarity shield against was the golems that the dust men use, and you've killed basically all of those by the time you get the shield. Otherwise there's just cover around and running at things considering melee is pretty shit seemed kinda pointless. I could imagine it being useful while grinding rails but i usually just precision shot while doing that, as you can do it without using batteery in that scenario and it seems more effective to be aggresive then defensive.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Infamous 2   Infamous 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 3:29 am

It's even less useful in Infamous 2 because using it puts you in aiming mode. It's an elemental power too. You can only get it if you're good.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Infamous 2   Infamous 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 3:35 am

The thing with the shield is that you could have it equiped and still attack enemies. Graet for huge groups and just looking like an all around badass.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Infamous 2   Infamous 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 1:35 am

So am i missing out by not having the DLC for the powers?

I think i had a DLC code for one of these things i'll try it out in a bit. I thought it allowed you to unlock powers early and not actually unlock powers you could never get otherwise.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Infamous 2   Infamous 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 1:37 am

I never had any of those either.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Infamous 2   Infamous 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 1:47 am

Oh just looked them up they look really shit the tether sounded good but looking at it it was awful.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Infamous 2   Infamous 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 2:05 am

the one I got from subway was pretty cool but not worth paying any amount of money for. I forget the name but it basically was a homing grenade when you through it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Infamous 2   Infamous 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 3:30 pm

Flood town is like one big sewer level, i'd rather they just scrapped that part of the city.

Overall though the game kicks ass. I probably should've just played on hard i'm finding this stupidly easy. But i just want all powers on this file asap.

When i do my evil new game + thingy i'll play on hard. BTW does the new game+ allow me to continue from Infamous 1?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Infamous 2   Infamous 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 5:13 pm

There is no new game+ that I remember. Once you beat both paths you get access to both sets of powers, but only for that save file. You can't start over with all the powers.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Infamous 2   Infamous 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 3:35 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
There is no new game+ that I remember. Once you beat both paths you get access to both sets of powers, but only for that save file. You can't start over with all the powers.
Well thats kind of crap so i can only use both sets of power for post game.

Just finished the game, the good end although its kinda obvious what will happen in the bad end. I assume Infamous 3 will have a new protagonist and the main villain will be cole.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Infamous 2   Infamous 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 3:51 am

Considering the good ending is canon I don't know whether there will be a third game.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Infamous 2   Infamous 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 3:59 am

Bag of Oranges wrote:
Considering the good ending is canon I don't know whether there will be a third game.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Infamous 2   Infamous 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 4:01 am

Actually couldn't htey just make infamous 3 a prequel in kessler's timeline?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Infamous 2   Infamous 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 1:25 am

Wow playiing evil is really boring, the powers are awful. I do like teh move implementation doubt i can be assed with it though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Infamous 2   Infamous 2 - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Infamous 2
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next