Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today

Go down 
+10
Kaede
Skip
Talking Sock
SimianWonder
Baal
Maskull
Golden Boy
Rockstar_Sinistar
Superbuu3
A_Nonny_Moose
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 3:19 am

That's how stupid the game probably is.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 3:19 am

Eh, it's the only fighter to come out in recent years with a good story that isn't Guilty Gear so it deserves some praise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 3:22 am

Yes, but, you play fighters to fight. Not to read or enjoy a story.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 3:23 am

It's also a good fighter too, I've managed to string a lot of good combo's with Ragna.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 3:29 am

Baal wrote:
It's also a good fighter too, I've managed to string a lot of good combo's with Ragna.
well SF is described at least as a great fighter
and IMO the best fighter

its also got good pick up and play mechanics and a lot you can take years to master
and thats what makes a good fighting game great for me
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 3:32 am

We need more western-originated fighting games. Is Mortal Kombat like the only one?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 3:33 am

SF's not a great fighter until they fix all of the balancing issues in SFIV. I mean, Blazblue has balancing issues but it is nothing compared to how bad SFIV's are.

And I'm not about to get into semantics, I use good to describe everything I genuinely like, I'd also describe SFIV as a good fighter.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 3:35 am

Just make sure not to criticise anything he likes otherwise it'd be automatically labeled as bitching.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 3:37 am

Dude, you bitch about everything like it's the plague, I don't care about it anymore really. I honestly don't think that much of Nicholson's performance, but I didn't think it was absolute shit like you did.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 3:39 am

Thinking it's shit doesn't mean it's bitching. I just said it's shit, not my fault I got bitched at for it, I was just replying back to the disagreements.

It's not like he was THAT bad, he was just stupid-bad. Basically potentially good but ultimately failed considering not only was he "eh" but the actual production of the film and the way it was handled was lame.

Last edited by Sora on Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 3:40 am

General consensus seems to be that Tekken 6 is the most balanced fighter out there at the moment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 3:41 am

Ah, consensus these nuts.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 3:41 am

Oh sure, it's balanced but god forbid I actually understand how to do half of these combo's.

Then again, I was playing on the PSP for 6 and the last time I played 5 I didn't even know what a combo was.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 3:45 am

Baal wrote:
Oh sure, it's balanced but god forbid I actually understand how to do half of these combo's.

Then again, I was playing on the PSP for 6 and the last time I played 5 I didn't even know what a combo was.

Just do what I said before, follow the timing of the movelist when you watch each move's demo. It gets easy when understanding that stupid shit instead of just attempting to mash each button precisely.

One problem I have with Tekken though is the fucked up terminology. All the hardcore players use gibberish I don't even fucking care about nor wish to learn.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 3:49 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
General consensus seems to be that Tekken 6 is the most balanced fighter out there at the moment.
balance doesn't = fun though
which is more important
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 3:49 am

Also it's understandable how SF fighters may dislike Tekken(not you guys but I'm talking in general for a lot of players). When you do the specials in SF, they're usually easy to pull off(unless it's some stupid as fuck insane move) when you do the right commands. For Tekken 6, the same exact combination for Dragon Punch is used for one of Kazuya's and Jin's launchers yet it's a lot more tougher to get it the first time compared to SF4 where you'll get it right away just by sliding your finger across the touch pad.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 3:50 am

Baal wrote:
SF's not a great fighter until they fix all of the balancing issues in SFIV. I mean, Blazblue has balancing issues but it is nothing compared to how bad SFIV's are.

And I'm not about to get into semantics, I use good to describe everything I genuinely like, I'd also describe SFIV as a good fighter.
honestly i can't comment on SF4's balancing issues as i've not played it enough

i am assuming these will be fixed in SSF4 which is why i'm going on about that game a lot
and not bothering to buy the normal sf4
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 3:51 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Baal wrote:

honestly i can't comment on SF4's balancing issues as i've not played it enough

i am assuming these will be fixed in SSF4 which is why i'm going on about that game a lot
and not bothering to buy the normal sf4

Sagat, fix Sagat for fuck sake!
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 3:52 am

That's also another thing I love about SF over Tekken, the super attacks make the fights more colorful and flashy. Not that Tekken's fights can't be fun but I just love how the Hadoken is used so differently by several different people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 3:52 am

Don't fix Sagat. Make everyone Sagat Tier.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Sora wrote:
Also it's understandable how SF fighters may dislike Tekken(not you guys but I'm talking in general for a lot of players). When you do the specials in SF, they're usually easy to pull off(unless it's some stupid as fuck insane move) when you do the right commands. For Tekken 6, the same exact combination for Dragon Punch is used for one of Kazuya's and Jin's launchers yet it's a lot more tougher to get it the first time compared to SF4 where you'll get it right away just by sliding your finger across the touch pad.

its funny you mention this
my initial problem with tekken games is there unbelievably slow button sequences

for things like combo throws i need to input the button set twice to make sure the comp reads my button presses
it was one of the main reasons i stopped playing tekken
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 3:53 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Sora wrote:

my initial problem with tekken games is there unbelievably slow button sequences

for things like combo throws i need to input the button set twice to make sure the comp reads my button presses

Well no, it's pretty responsive, it's just ridiculously sensitive too. You get punished for not doing something PERFECT at all.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 3:58 am

Sora wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Sora wrote:

Well no, it's pretty responsive, it's just ridiculously sensitive too. You get punished for not doing something PERFECT at all.

me inputting 8 buttons in a sequence that requires 4 buttons would suggest my timing would be completely off
considering i can bypass the controls like this its not that sensitive

mk vs dc combo challenges now thats a stupidly impossible to time game
regardless of if i sped up or slowed down it was very hard to time the moves (and i couldn't be bothered to invest time into the game to correct that)
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 4:00 am

Basically SF4 rocks because it's newb friendly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 4:01 am

Sora wrote:
Basically SF4 rocks because it's newb friendly.

Nigga please. You know for a fact that's not true.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today   My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My copy of Tekken 6 arrived today
Page 14 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next