Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So, like, Raging Blast... Uh...

Go down 
+13
Robzooo
Maskull
SimianWonder
Haseoviawesome
Charlie Sheen
Mewmaster
Talking Sock
Rockstar_Sinistar
Baal
Kimarous
Kaio
Kaede
A_Nonny_Moose
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15
AuthorMessage

So, like, Raging Blast... Uh... - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So, like, Raging Blast... Uh...   So, like, Raging Blast... Uh... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 10:32 pm

Raditz shouts Damn and Hell all the time. Who cares if they swear.

That shouldn't be a plus or a negative unless it's overused.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: So, like, Raging Blast... Uh...   So, like, Raging Blast... Uh... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 12:07 am

Got to say I love being able to add Special moves into almost any combo, it feels very natural, and I like the way that signature moves can help string out combos that seem to be going nowhere. That said, I do miss some of BT3's more subtle nuances, like the manual step in sway, though I'm not really missing the heavy finishers as much as I thought I would, largely due to the aforementioned Special finishers.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: So, like, Raging Blast... Uh...   So, like, Raging Blast... Uh... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 1:53 pm

Wow, the online in RB is really smooth but holy fuck at the input lag, it's horrible. Glad the frame rate isn't shit.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: So, like, Raging Blast... Uh...   So, like, Raging Blast... Uh... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 2:39 am

As I've been playing through the game more, I notice how unstable the combat actually is. In the demo, you were given more of the blinking-light cancels with to have a balanced game between characters, now it's all fucked up and out of place. Also, what really ruins this game is the mini-brick wall effects your oppnent fucking gets when they need to turn around, you can never make a second string because all of a sudden they can attack you.

Seriously, it's also fucking stupid to defend yourself, all of a sudden the swaying is useless, it was cool at first but overall it's just some shit spike once again steals from dimps' budokai game, except in B3 and IW, it actually WAS useful and different to guarding, in this, it's just an alternative to guarding that doesn't help because your opponent can just use ki moves to make you flinch and then combo after.

Also, WHY THE FUCK ARE SOME CHARACTERS TRIANGLE MOVES FUCKING USELESS AS WELL!? Half of the roster's triangle smash moves have a shit slow recovery time and the oppnent can just attack you right after doing some of them. Fuck you Spike, the fucking demo's hax cancel gameplay is better than this shit.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: So, like, Raging Blast... Uh...   So, like, Raging Blast... Uh... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 11:23 am

I really don't like this game. I'll finish story mode and the what-ifs and then I'll go back to Ratchet & Clank.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So, like, Raging Blast... Uh...   So, like, Raging Blast... Uh... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 3:57 pm

I told you all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, like, Raging Blast... Uh...   So, like, Raging Blast... Uh... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 4:02 pm

I told you all
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: So, like, Raging Blast... Uh...   So, like, Raging Blast... Uh... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 6:55 pm

Well, I'm enjoying it. Putting aside my blinkers for a second, gameplay wise it's not quite as solid as BT3, but it's certainly miles btter than Burst Limit, and it's so pretty that I can forgive it a few minor quibbles.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: So, like, Raging Blast... Uh...   So, like, Raging Blast... Uh... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 12:20 am

I can forgive my issues with the game when I'm using the good characters but the shaft of the weaker characters is worse than in BT3.

Maybe I just suck. =P

I really wish Spike had attempted to go to the NEXT LEVEL though, Burst Limit may have been mediocre but when you fought, it really felt fast and screamed "POWWWER!" when you beat the shit out of stuff. BL was pretty much the ultimate "DBZ FEEL", too bad it was done with the shitty SB style combat.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So, like, Raging Blast... Uh...   So, like, Raging Blast... Uh... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 1:07 am

i'll wait till numver 3 of both
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: So, like, Raging Blast... Uh...   So, like, Raging Blast... Uh... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 8:26 pm

I don't think the balancing issues are any worse than BT3's, though being forced to play as short characters (kid Gohan, Krillin etc) in Story Mode is noticably tougher because of their piss poor reach on melee attacks. I do agree that RB is a little bit of a missed opportunity, in that some of the changes from BT3 aren't always for the better, though you couldn't accuse it of shying away from taking risks; said changes are proof of that, even if they don't all come off. At worst, RB is a very good foundation for a sequel, at best, it's a decent DBZ game in its own right.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So, like, Raging Blast... Uh...   So, like, Raging Blast... Uh... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 12:42 am

well they did build this game from the base up

which they didn't have to do

so props to them
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: So, like, Raging Blast... Uh...   So, like, Raging Blast... Uh... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 4:02 am

SimianWonder wrote:
I don't think the balancing issues are any worse than BT3's, though being forced to play as short characters (kid Gohan, Krillin etc) in Story Mode is noticably tougher because of their piss poor reach on melee attacks. I do agree that RB is a little bit of a missed opportunity, in that some of the changes from BT3 aren't always for the better, though you couldn't accuse it of shying away from taking risks; said changes are proof of that, even if they don't all come off. At worst, RB is a very good foundation for a sequel, at best, it's a decent DBZ game in its own right.

The thing that breaks the game's combat are two things. One is how multiple characters don't have that instant dashing towards the opponent when you begin a string(such as Yamcha, if you just press square while being a few feet away, he won't reach the enemy whereas characters like Goku do end up going towards the enemy when you start his combo string).

The second one is so stupid and was something that wasn't need to be taken out for this one, the combo clashes. Remember in the older ones how when you did a string and your opponent did one at the same time? And then instead of either of you getting damaged, you'd just see blows hitting each other. THAT WAS WHAT HELD THE PREVIOUS GAMES TOGETHER. You see, it's not just fan service to be true to the show but it's to avoid unfair lucky combos that get in instead of the other person despite doing the same exact thing at the same time, I mean, half of the time you're mashing square just as the fight begins, the computer gets the first hit for no fucking reason despite you clearly attacking first. If there's a sequel, if SPIKE stops leaving their heads up their asses, they should put it the fuck back in.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: So, like, Raging Blast... Uh...   So, like, Raging Blast... Uh... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 6:46 pm

I kinda agree on both points, though for the former you'd only make that mistake a few times before learning that your chosen fighter had a shorter range and compensating accordingly. The second point doesn't bother me much, and while it's a valid concern it's been in pretty much every fighting game ever made. Priority on attacks isn't that new.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: So, like, Raging Blast... Uh...   So, like, Raging Blast... Uh... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 2:23 am

But the problem with the second point is this game's system is completely different. The majority of other fighters are based on the hits actually touching the opponent, in the BT games, it basically follows "hitting an insivible box around the enemy". In this game, you're not meant to duck and cover or anything when a hit's going through, when you're face to face with someone doing the exact same combo, you just have to wish you're lucky to get yours in, it doesn't take skill or anything, it's just a broken system that was fixed in the previous ones by the clashing thing you could do when hits collide.

The BT games would've been better if it didn't follow that whole "invisible hit box" thing and just let us actually punch and hurt the enemy. They probably only did that so tall characters can hurt the small ones despite not touching them at all.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: So, like, Raging Blast... Uh...   So, like, Raging Blast... Uh... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 4:26 pm

Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So, like, Raging Blast... Uh...   So, like, Raging Blast... Uh... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 4:38 pm

Not having him in in the first place was retarded. What does Gohan actually get to do during the Boo part of the story mode?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: So, like, Raging Blast... Uh...   So, like, Raging Blast... Uh... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 4:42 pm

You get to beat him up with Goten and Fat Buu. And there's three Gotenks vs. Buu fights and after that it immediately goes to Super Vegetto vs. Super Buu 3. Hell, even fucking Buu turning everyone into candy is in this game, the only Story Mode battle with Videl in it.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: So, like, Raging Blast... Uh...   So, like, Raging Blast... Uh... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 6:33 pm

Well, at least this lot is free. I still would like to have Chou Gohan though.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: So, like, Raging Blast... Uh...   So, like, Raging Blast... Uh... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 12:09 am

Kaio wrote:
You get to beat him up with Goten and Fat Buu. And there's three Gotenks vs. Buu fights and after that it immediately goes to Super Vegetto vs. Super Buu 3. Hell, even fucking Buu turning everyone into candy is in this game, the only Story Mode battle with Videl in it.

Actually you play as Gohan for just the Goten one.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: So, like, Raging Blast... Uh...   So, like, Raging Blast... Uh... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 5:18 pm

It's still fucking ridiculous how badly this story mode was made.
Back to top Go down
Scratchin' Bastard

PostSubject: Re: So, like, Raging Blast... Uh...   So, like, Raging Blast... Uh... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 5:32 pm

lol at the fact they have 2 what-if characters AND Super Buu 3, but no Mystic Gohan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, like, Raging Blast... Uh...   So, like, Raging Blast... Uh... - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So, like, Raging Blast... Uh...
Page 15 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15