Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Raging blast 2 is uh....

Go down 
+6
Skip
Baal
Talking Sock
Kimarous
A_Nonny_Moose
Superbuu3
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Raging blast 2 is uh.... Empty
PostSubject: Raging blast 2 is uh....   Raging blast 2 is uh.... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 7:45 pm

Pretty fun but what the hell are the buttons i managed to look sexy (as in in-game, in general should be a given).

Graphics aren't great but it seems kinda easy to pick up and play and thats probably a good thing i'm not sure if there are fiddly controls but i do like the smashing chasing teleporting stuff i'll probbaly have another go and see if i can work out what i'm doing.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Raging blast 2 is uh....   Raging blast 2 is uh.... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 7:55 pm

I have no idea why they failed to include a tutorial in the demo AGAIN.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Raging blast 2 is uh....   Raging blast 2 is uh.... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 10:16 pm

The developers are probably trying to stop people buying it so they don't have to work on yet another DBZ game.

Its ok i still couldn't work out how to charge chi the blasts being on ht eright stick was a bit shitty as it seemed really unresponsive. No idea how to do ultimate blasts the demo has 4 characters so its a decent play around.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Raging blast 2 is uh....   Raging blast 2 is uh.... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 11:39 pm

I checked... couldn't find a demo for it anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Raging blast 2 is uh....   Raging blast 2 is uh.... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 11:47 pm

Kimarous wrote:
EU PSN only we're special, we got castlevania earlier expect it to show up on your psn+ as an exclusinve demo.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Raging blast 2 is uh....   Raging blast 2 is uh.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 1:39 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Kimarous wrote:
EU PSN only we're special, we got castlevania earlier expect it to show up on your psn+ as an exclusinve demo.

Don't forget Aussies too, got the demo last night when it updated. Anyway, I didn't really expressed me thoughts about it here, only posted on gfaqs and daizex about it before.

Anyway, I'm disappointed how most of the new combos are just mashing triangle after pulling off a basic rush+smash. But you can throw the x button into the mix as well and do different stuff too. One thing I mentioned on daizex was how I was annoyed that they prevented you from using the dash move where you zoom behind your opponent quickly if you're too close. If you're at close range, tapping X will just make you back flip instead.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Raging blast 2 is uh....   Raging blast 2 is uh.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 1:42 am

I honestly have stopped giving a shit about DBZ games after Raging Blast, which was decent so it doesn't really affect me unless this is somehow mind-blowingly good.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Raging blast 2 is uh....   Raging blast 2 is uh.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 1:51 am

Raging Blast was a piece of shit game.

This on the other hand, they've made some improvements and it has more depth, but God does it still feel a little clunky. I'm also not looking forward to the full game's stupid "condition based" story mode, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Raging blast 2 is uh....   Raging blast 2 is uh.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 1:55 am

That's the worst part of these games, to unlock shit it always makes you go through some bullshit system.

The fucking stars are some of the worst examples.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Raging blast 2 is uh....   Raging blast 2 is uh.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 2:10 am

I'm glad they took out that insanely obnoxious issue where a character gets a brick-wall effect when they go through their turning around animation. That was just awful.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Raging blast 2 is uh....   Raging blast 2 is uh.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 3:15 am

I'll take notice when they make a proper BT4.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Raging blast 2 is uh....   Raging blast 2 is uh.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 3:36 am

They won't. The closest thing to BT4 right now is that Tag game on the psp as that's the one using the original engine and not the clunky revamped RB one.

What I want is actual competent developers that can actually produce a decent game, not low maintanence, cheap, obscure ones like Spike who need to build up from games to actually make a good product.

Hell, Dimps made them look so bad in '08. First they release Burst Limit, a solid game, albeit not very content heavy, followed up by Infinite World which was basically Budokai 3 on steroids and had almost as much improvements as the jump from BT2 to BT3 concerning the fighting system. Why? Because Dimps are professionals and THEY'RE the ones who have moved on and have worked on greater games such as Street Fighter 4/SSFIV and Sonic 4.

What we need is at least some other big name developer at the helm of another DB game. This doesn't ncessarily mean it should be Dimps, just a company that's competent. I'd especially love to see another new style of gameplay like when we were gifted with that oustanding Super DBZ game ages back.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Raging blast 2 is uh....   Raging blast 2 is uh.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 4:10 am

I'd rather DBZ just fucking die out already, it's been 3 fucking decades since DB started in Japan and this series still has not kicked the bucket.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Raging blast 2 is uh....   Raging blast 2 is uh.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 4:19 am

Dragon Ball can die when there's a second Super DBZ or another Street Fighter-esque DB game in general made, and that'll probably never happen. So yeah.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Raging blast 2 is uh....   Raging blast 2 is uh.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 4:34 am

I'll admit though, the combo depth is much, much deeper now in RB2. I just wish the demo's skill list would show all the possible combos, right now we're stuck finding all of them. Also, stepping in is back which is cool, and backflipping and using the X button to dodge some moves is actually helpful now instead of being useless like in the previous game.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Raging blast 2 is uh....   Raging blast 2 is uh.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 5:18 am

'Cuz MOTHERFUCKING HILTZ wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Kimarous wrote:

Don't forget Aussies too, got the demo last night when it updated. Anyway, I didn't really expressed me thoughts about it here, only posted on gfaqs and daizex about it before.

Anyway, I'm disappointed how most of the new combos are just mashing triangle after pulling off a basic rush+smash. But you can throw the x button into the mix as well and do different stuff too. One thing I mentioned on daizex was how I was annoyed that they prevented you from using the dash move where you zoom behind your opponent quickly if you're too close. If you're at close range, tapping X will just make you back flip instead.
I'm pretty sure we just get the European PSN too.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Raging blast 2 is uh....   Raging blast 2 is uh.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 5:22 am

We essentially do get the same exact updates, but it's still called the Aussie PSN regardless. I'm just speaking in terms of "Hey, don't leave out us Aussies, we're special too".
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Raging blast 2 is uh....   Raging blast 2 is uh.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 5:24 am

Ahh ok. Fair enough.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Raging blast 2 is uh....   Raging blast 2 is uh.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 5:51 am