Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Baal's thoughts on Raging Blast

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Baal's thoughts on Raging Blast Empty
PostSubject: Baal's thoughts on Raging Blast   Baal's thoughts on Raging Blast Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 6:45 pm

Okay, so I'm going to get everything I liked out of the way because no one likes it when people are being nice about a game.

The graphics are very sexy, the attacks flow well into battle even the rush attacks and others such as that, you have customizable movesets now, the music is good, the controls while a little irritating at first, I got used to them fairly quickly, the gameplay feels refreshed, the character line-up is decent and the What-If battles are pretty interesting.

Now let's talk shit.

Let's begin with my first gripe, the one that made me quite literally wish I had never seen Dragon Ball in my life, the fucking story mode. The story mode is long and when I mean long I mean I got the game at 1:00 P.M. and finished the battles that you don't have to unlock by buying them at 2:00 A.M., I wish I were fucking lying. The story covers the Saiyan Saga to the Buu Saga with the Bardock and Broly stuff in-between.

10 Battles for Saiyan
26 Battles for Freeza
2 Battles for Bardock
27 Battles for Android
17 Battles for Buu
3 Battles for Broly
18 Battles for What-If

That makes a total of 103 Battles! ONE-HUNDRED AND THREE BATTLES! THAT'S FUCKING RIDICULOUS! Especially since a good 1/4 of these battles aren't even battles, in the actual series they were one-time things like Vegeta getting shot in the chest by Krillin or Cell kicking Krillin after he went Perfect OR HOW ABOUT THE FIRST BATTLE OF THE STORY WHICH IS SUPPOSED TO BE JUST RADITZ KICKING KRILLIN INTO KAME HOUSE AND HITTING GOKU IN THE GUT! How do these warrant their own battles? It's fucking idiotic. It's made even worse when I have to unlock things by replaying these fights with some of the unreasonable missions to get the points I need.

-Follow all Perfect Actions.
Fine.

-Hit with 30 Ki Blasts.
Fair enough.

-Hit Opponent with Super Attack after you knock them down.
We're getting closer to the fan.

-Make a Grab the first attack of the Battle.
And shit has just hit the fan.

And there's also a problem with the cutscenes and the in-game talking. While you're fighting the characters will cheer you on if you're doing good and try to raise your spirits when you're sucking, this can be very bad though when scenes are supposed to be serious. Take my best example, the one that made me go "What the?", in Majin Vegeta vs Buu I got through everything before using the Final Explosion, Vegeta being kind to Trunks, Vegeta before he's about to go out, and then I used Final Explosion, guess what Trunks says when I kill Buu?

"HANG IN THERE, LOSER!"

...This was hilarious in how unfitting it was at the time. This was supposed to be a very moving and touching scene and what we got is Trunks insulting his dad after he just killed himself to save the world. This happens a lot.

And then comes my next problem, the fucking camera. The camera is decent when your opponent isn't either above or below you, otherwise you're taking a wild stab at hitting them and such.

Overall though, the game is very good for their first try on a new console, much better than Burst Limit and I can honestly say I hope there's a sequel next year.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Baal's thoughts on Raging Blast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baal's thoughts on Raging Blast   Baal's thoughts on Raging Blast Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 1:17 am

yeah taht camera when fighting someone when there i close was just ludicrous
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net

Baal's thoughts on Raging Blast
Page 1 of 1