Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed.

Go down 
+5
Zero
Maskull
Kimarous
Rockstar_Sinistar
Baal
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed. Empty
PostSubject: I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed.   I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 1:17 am

Season 1 of Pokemon - Holy shit, 4Kids made a decent dub of something.

Medabots 1-13 - I fucking loved this show and still do. Humanoid Robots that can be bought by kids and that fight each other? AWESOME. Plus Medabee is black which makes it even cooler.

Outlaw Star - HOLY FUCK! THIS IS PURE AWESOME BEING INJECTED INTO MY EYES! BACK IN THE DAYS OF GOOD SUNRISE THERE WAS GAOGAIGAR, G GUNDAM, COWBOY BEEBOP, AND OUTLAW STAR. AND IT WAS ALWAYS AWESOME.

Digimon Adventure 1 - Fuck yes! This series is still awesome plus the dub of it is superior to the English for a few reasons. The main reason being all of the bad jokes make it what it's supposed to be, a kid's show! Unlike the original where everything was just dull and it wasn't at all self-aware.

Digimon Adventure 2 - Shit. The new digi-destined were absolute crap. All of the antagonists (excluding Arukenimon, Mummymon, and Blackwargreymon) sucked dick. The new Digimon designs sucked. And the only thing Veemon had going for him was that his Armor Digivolutions were voiced by Steve Blum. The writers from last season were also fired 1/4's of the way through the season so the new writers left an unresolved plot point from the last episode the previous writers did completely alone. AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THE WORLDWIDE DIGI-DESTINED AND THE FUCKING EPILOGUE. The dub is equally awesome as the above, hell it's even better because Steve Blum is in this one. And it's the only good thing about Season 2.

Digimon Tamers EP 1-13- Dear god! This is easily the best in the series. The main character isn't over-fucking powered, the other two MC's actually provide some use. Impmon being from Brooklyn was a nice plus. Guilmon is cool and so is Terriermon. I didn't care much for Renamon. And this part of the series treated the first two seasons as TV shows! Therefore making Season 2 non-canon! FUCK YES! YOU ARE THE BEST WRITERS EVER! And this part of the series easily had the best theme song and digivolution scene. Plus it has the least stock footage. And this dub is even better than the above two. Why? Because it has a lot of my favorite VA's and Steve voices Guilmon! THAT MADE ME SHIT MY PANTS!

Digimon the Movie Part 1 - The first part of the movie was awesome. What with Kari being cute, Tai still being cool, the other digidestined shown as children, and fucking hell. BigAgumon and RedGreymon! HE ACTUALLY FUCKING KILLS AN ULTIMATE. And the dubbing was as superb as it was in Season 1. And the art style is even better than the actual series and the animation is top-notch and sexy. BTW, FUNK SOUL BROTHER!

Digimon the Movie Part 2 - OH I HAVE SO MANY FOND MEMORIES OF THIS PART. Diaboromon was about one of the coolest villains, it had plenty of humor, awesome fights, and OMNIMON! HELL YES! I FUCKING LOVE OMNIMON! Again the dubbing was fantastic and the art and animation were orgasmic. Plus this about one of the only things Digimon that can make you go "1 MINUTE TO GO!" " 5...4...3...2...1!!!!!!!!!!!" BTW, ONE WEEK!

Digimon the Movie Part 3 - And here comes the part where I insult Season 2...again. Okay, the main problem with this one? THE MEGA FORMS OF PATAMON AND GATOMON ARE SHOWN FOR FIVE SECONDS. Now for the other problems. Okay, so basically everyone meets the little bastard who created Diaboromon in the second part. What ensues is the crap you'd expect from Season 2. Kokomon was a rather dull villain for one reason. IT WOULDN'T SHUT UP. You remember how Diaboromon after he said a few lines they were unique and he didn't keep saying the same thing? Well Kokomon doesn't do that. Instead he says a few things like "Destroy", "Go Back to the beginning", and such. AND HE REPEATS IT OVER AND OVER AGAIN! Except for the Ultimate Form which shuts up and only fights. This part of the movie had good fights excluding the last one. The best fight being against the ultimate form of Kokomon. The animation and art are great still and the dubbing is still good. Kenshiro voiced Rapidmon by the way. BTW, ALL STAR!

Cardcaptors - Ugh, Cardcaptors. What isn't bad about this show? Let me get this over with before I repeat myself later. CLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now that I've finished that, let's get to the rest of the show. Okay so all of the characters are annoying except Kero in his little form. The dubbing...is quite bad. I'm not gonna complain about changing names because that would just be stupid. The voices really get annoying, the acting is pretty bad, and sometimes I swear I can hear the Canadian accent behind them. So basically Sakura is a girl looking for cards to...become a card master. In the process of getting them...CLAMP puts their usual crap into it. Guess what parts stick out in my mind the most. HOW ABOUT TRAPFEST CINDERELLA? WHERE SAKURA'S BROTHER PLAYS CINDERELLA AND ANOTHER GIRL IN THE CLASS PLAYS THE PRINCE? Yeah, like I said, Clamp. Oh, and did I mention? THEY USE THIS AGAIN LATER IN THE SERIES WITH SAKURA AND LI FOR SLEEPING BEAUTY. Yeah, Clamp sure is made of originality. Li is Aurora and Sakura is...the Prince. OH AND THE LAST FIGHT WITH THE GREAT WIELDER OF THE CARDS OR WHATEVER IS WON THROUGH THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP! I wish I were kidding. The art is CLAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!! The animation is pretty crap. The music needs to piss right off. And this show in general is horrible.

Jackie Chan Adventures Season 1- YUP. It's not anime but I'm including it. I forgot how much I loved this show as a kid. What with the action scenes, over the top moments, improbabilities at every turn, bad puns, the Talisman powers making no sense, Jackie Chan, and a Q&A corner for the real Jackie Chan. The animation was pretty good, art style was good, and the music was alright. The voice acting suits every character. OH AND VALMONT = PEGASUS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed.   I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 1:40 am

Was stretching the screen out necessary?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed.   I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 1:43 am

Vergil wrote:
Was stretching the screen out necessary?

I'm sorry but my rage for Clamp goes to extreme heights.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed.   I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 1:45 am

The fact that you sat through 3 Digimon Movies is fucking nuts. Those shit suck, it doesn't matter if it's Wapanese or English. They just plain ol suck dick.

Anyway, Medabots yeh dat shyt was tight bak in da day nigga
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed.   I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 1:47 am

Vergil wrote:
The fact that you sat through 3 Digimon Movies is fucking nuts. Those shit suck, it doesn't matter if it's Wapanese or English. They just plain ol suck dick.

Anyway, Medabots yeh dat shyt was tight bak in da day nigga

It was all in one movie. An hour and 30 minutes long. The one from America combined the first three together.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed.   I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 1:51 am

Dear God, You actually watched Cardcaptors? Shocked You poor soul.

Anyhow, YES! Outlaw Star!
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed.   I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 1:56 am

also dat...

wtf cardcaptors nigga?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed.   I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 1:58 am

Vergil wrote:
also dat...

wtf cardcaptors nigga?

It's a nostalgia stream. I watched it for the same reason everyone else did. To basically sit there and watch crap so I could insult it with everyone else.

Kind of like the Playa Haters Ball.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed.   I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 2:01 am

ight nigga, ight.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed.   I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 2:10 am

CLAMP deserves to be clamped!

I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed. Theclamps
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed.   I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 6:09 am

meh, the worldwide thing didnt bother me, as they ran into SANTA on some beach in costa rica i think.

that when they're taking down the black towers in the real world right?

"heave ho! heave ho! heave ho ho ho ho ho!!" *tower falls*
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed.   I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 6:14 am

Prinny-boy wrote:
meh, the worldwide thing didnt bother me, as they ran into SANTA on some beach in costa rica i think.

that when they're taking down the black towers in the real world right?

"heave ho! heave ho! heave ho ho ho ho ho!!" *tower falls*

It wasn't Santa it was one of Gennai's 20,000 clones with different names.

And the real Gennai that showed up in the last episode was voiced by Steve.

THEREFORE MAKING STEVE BLUM THE BIGGEST TROLL IN HISTORY.
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed.   I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 6:21 am

in that case, hooray for trolling!
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed.   I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 6:22 am

Indeed. Many lulz were had at the hands of Gennai's trolling.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed.   I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 4:21 pm

Holy shit!!! I completely forgot about Outlaw Star. I gotta watch that again.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed.   I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 8:27 pm

That awesome guy who animated the Digimon movies now works on One Piece. His name is Naoki Tate.

Some of his work is Movie 9 and the Celestial Dragon Punch. He's easily Toei's best animator.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed.   I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 8:29 pm

Kaio wrote:
That awesome guy who animated the Digimon movies now works on One Piece. His name is Naoki Tate.

Some of his work is Movie 9 and the Celestial Dragon Punch. He's easily Toei's best animator.

Yeah, Sora told me about him. I've seen the dudes One Piece movies and they look great.
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Should of learned English
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed.   I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 12:38 am

Pokemon needs a fix up.
Pikachu beating Onix with a thunderbolt.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed.   I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 12:39 am

AIM FOR THE HORN!
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed.   I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 12:46 am

LOL what a fuck up
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed.   I reminisce about anime I've been watching streamed that is also dubbed. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 1:25 am

I can't stand the dub of Digimon because of this shit playing whenever a digimon evolved (about 50 times per episode):