A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

So I thought I'd try watching a bunch of different anime

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel

PostSubject: So I thought I'd try watching a bunch of different anime   Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:21 am

Cowboy Bebop - I can't believe I hadn't seen this sooner its brilliant.
Outlaw Star - Another classic weird that this was around the same time as cowboy Bebop as it also does the space cowboys thing.
Tokyo Ghoul - The worst anime I have ever seen and outright lazy animation in the show.
Kill la Kill - Seen a couple of episodes and I don't particularly like it, it seems to try to make fun of anime by being exactly like them and then talking aboubt it seems to make it clever. I really don't like that type of humour.
Sword Art Online - hilariously plot hole ridden, actually animation of the fights is pretty good though and the fast pace makes it at least watchable, I also do like the ideas they have for some of the games, we're getting a game based on the death gun arc and I have to say I am intrigued.

Neo wrote:
Kids shouldn't be exposed to sonic fans, they might become one.

Spoiler:

My youtube channel, let's plays and trophy videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/superbuu3
Back to top Go down
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder

PostSubject: Re: So I thought I'd try watching a bunch of different anime   Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:58 pm

I'd thoroughly recommend My Hero Academia.  One Piece's glacial pacing has really diminished my interest in it , so I tried a few that I didn't get on with (Kill la Kill, Sword Art Online. Attack on Titan, Tokyo Ghoul), but with MHA, both anime and manga are excellent. It doesn't try to be dark and edgy for the sake of it, most of the characters are much more than one-dimensional shonen cliches and there are some moments (particularly in the anime) that can't help but make you grin like an idiot.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity

PostSubject: Re: So I thought I'd try watching a bunch of different anime   Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:51 pm

I have recently fallen in love with Academia as well. Current arc sucks though.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder

PostSubject: Re: So I thought I'd try watching a bunch of different anime   Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:07 pm

I wouldn't say it sucks. Overhaul has been a pretty despicable villain, Mirio was an excellent example of someone using their power in unexpected ways and how doing so can actually have side-effects you haven't thought of (being blind when phasing, for instance) and hopefully Izuku is going to do something suitably epic next chapter now he's taken the high-risk shortcut to 100%. Plus, Kirishima was badass and he's one of my favourite characters, even if he's an idiot.

Has it dragged a little in places? Yes, but that may also be that this is the first arc I've been waiting for weekly release on, rather than binging as I did with chapters 1-150!
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel

PostSubject: Re: So I thought I'd try watching a bunch of different anime   Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:57 am

Ok I think i'll check that out then if you guys think its worth a watch.

Neo wrote:
Kids shouldn't be exposed to sonic fans, they might become one.

Spoiler:

My youtube channel, let's plays and trophy videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/superbuu3
Back to top Go down
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Dr. Faust
Spartan

PostSubject: Re: So I thought I'd try watching a bunch of different anime   Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:47 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Tokyo Ghoul - The worst anime I have ever seen and outright lazy animation in the show.
Did you watch the dub with the censoring of blood by using negative color filter? That's a weird and useless choice. The first season is decent, second season ups the ante in stupid by making the protagonist join the organization that abducted him for.. reasons I guess.
The manga is longer and considerably better, the first series is at least good. The second manga series Tokyo Ghoul: Re has plenty of awkward and nonsensical stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I thought I'd try watching a bunch of different anime   

Back to top Go down

So I thought I'd try watching a bunch of different anime
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1