Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zero Punctuation: Valkyria Chronicles

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Zero Punctuation: Valkyria Chronicles Empty
PostSubject: Zero Punctuation: Valkyria Chronicles   Zero Punctuation: Valkyria Chronicles Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 4:37 pm

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Zero Punctuation: Valkyria Chronicles   Zero Punctuation: Valkyria Chronicles Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 12:52 pm

He really doesn't want to admit he likes this game. Also hate when he says things which aren't true. A quick look at the upgrade menu shows there are branched upgrades later on.

Also his description of Oscar is hilarious.

I generally find his reviews fairly accurate the bionic commando one is bang on.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Zero Punctuation: Valkyria Chronicles   Zero Punctuation: Valkyria Chronicles Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 2:04 pm

It's not like Yahtzee's reviews ever meant anything. He openly admits that he's more or less a professional troll.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Zero Punctuation: Valkyria Chronicles   Zero Punctuation: Valkyria Chronicles Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 4:08 pm

Michael Atkinson wrote:
It's not like Yahtzee's reviews ever meant anything. He openly admits that he's more or less a professional troll.

What he generally does is find a couple of flaws and focus on that. A lot of the games i've played that he's reviewed its very understandable to see his view point. Its rare from what i've seen that he actually makes stuff up.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Zero Punctuation: Valkyria Chronicles   Zero Punctuation: Valkyria Chronicles Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 4:49 pm

That's true but he does tend to 'forget' that most games have good points as well as bad.
If you're looking for someone to point out flaws then by all means take his videos at face value but if you want a genuine weighing up of pros and cons I suggest going to Metacritic and reading a few of the reviews there.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Zero Punctuation: Valkyria Chronicles   Zero Punctuation: Valkyria Chronicles Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 5:26 pm

Michael Atkinson wrote:
That's true but he does tend to 'forget' that most games have good points as well as bad.
If you're looking for someone to point out flaws then by all means take his videos at face value but if you want a genuine weighing up of pros and cons I suggest going to Metacritic and reading a few of the reviews there.

Thats pretty much how i use him. I hate buying a game and there being a game breaking flaw.

Generally speaking i know what i'm looking for in a game, besides in my experience a lot of games i like have bad ratings i.e. prototype, yakuza series, DW series, conflict series, army of two 40th day
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Zero Punctuation: Valkyria Chronicles   Zero Punctuation: Valkyria Chronicles Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 6:13 pm

I just watch ZP for the humour.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Zero Punctuation: Valkyria Chronicles   Zero Punctuation: Valkyria Chronicles Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 7:35 pm

Do they really ask you if you're sure you want to watch every cutscene when they appear?
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zero Punctuation: Valkyria Chronicles   Zero Punctuation: Valkyria Chronicles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zero Punctuation: Valkyria Chronicles
Page 1 of 1