Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Valkyria Chronicles.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Valkyria Chronicles. Empty
PostSubject: Valkyria Chronicles.    Valkyria Chronicles. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 12:15 am

It's okay. I had it laying around for sometime now, my biggest gripe right now is the fact there's too much story. I just don't care about the main characters or the war.

The troops you get later on are pretty cool, they're more interesting than the main guys anyway.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles.    Valkyria Chronicles. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 12:50 am

How can you not care about the fashionable hero Faldio and the classy dictator Maximilian?

Seriously though, the plot gets better. Eventually you'll like even Isara.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles.    Valkyria Chronicles. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 1:20 am

Well, lets see... I'm on chapter 5 right now, does anything interesting happen soon?

The boring story is one of the reasons why I dropped to game and only picked it back up today. I've also been stuck on Kloden Wood (this isn't helping my lack of interest) that General's tank that you fight during that mission is unbelievably over powered. He usually wipes out my tank in just one phase.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles.    Valkyria Chronicles. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 1:31 am

Babby wrote:
Well, lets see... I'm on chapter 5 right now, does anything interesting happen soon?

Well, personally I was bored until chapter 7 (my god, chapter 6 has horribly boring). Chapters 7-11 are much more exciting. Chapters 12-18 are easily the best part of the game. I just couldn't stop playing at that point.

Quote :
I've also been stuck on Kloden Wood (this isn't helping my lack of interest) that General's tank that you fight during that mission is unbelievably over powered. He usually wipes out my tank in just one phase.

You know there is a passage blocked by a tree leading behind the enemy base, right? You don't even have to destroy the tank; just kill the enemies around the flag (of course I doubt it takes more than a couple of hits to destroy it if you hit it from behind).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles.    Valkyria Chronicles. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 1:47 am

Ah, I'll try that then. I was just going for the direct approach with my lancers and the tank, wasn't working out too well.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles.    Valkyria Chronicles. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 1:50 am

i saw this fro cheap and was tempted to buy it

is this turn based or real time?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles.    Valkyria Chronicles. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 1:56 am

Real time with turn based mechanics. Just watch some gameplay videos.

Even though I'm not really liking the story the gameplay can be very fun and challenging.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles.    Valkyria Chronicles. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 1:57 am

hmm i think i'll grab this once my friend gives me my money
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles.    Valkyria Chronicles. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 11:40 pm

i'm like this quite a bit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles.    Valkyria Chronicles. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 11:47 pm

I quit this game right after I saw some magical Mary Sue walk around the battlefield and single-handedly destroy everyone on my team. The fight with Maximilian piloting Batomys before that was awesome though.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles.    Valkyria Chronicles. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 12:02 am

You shouldn't quit the game when the plot was about to get good. Trust me, the second half of the game is much, much superior.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles.    Valkyria Chronicles. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 12:10 am

It's too late for that, I traded it in awhile ago. That magical element being introduced out of nowhere really put me off for some reason, It made me lose all my drive to bother with the story.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles.    Valkyria Chronicles. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 9:46 am

Babby wrote:
It's too late for that, I traded it in awhile ago.

Sad to hear.

Quote :
That magical element being introduced out of nowhere really put me off for some reason, It made me lose all my drive to bother with the story.

The magical element isn't introduced out of nowhere, it's hinted at vaguely prior to Selvaria's appearance and gains prominence as the story progresses. I'd never have called the initial story parts boring, but it really does come into its own in the final half of the game.

I love VC. It's probably still my favourite PS3 game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles.    Valkyria Chronicles. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 4:34 pm

What happens that makes the story turn around?
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles.    Valkyria Chronicles. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 6:01 pm

Babby wrote:
What happens that makes the story turn around?

SUPER MEGA HUGE SPOILERS

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles.    Valkyria Chronicles. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 6:09 pm

I might watch a watchthrough on YT one day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles.    Valkyria Chronicles. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 6:20 pm

That second video makes me glad I didn't bother. And what's up with that sniper? He had a clear view of Alicia and could have easily went for her head. Total plot shot.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles.    Valkyria Chronicles. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 6:40 pm

Babby wrote:
And what's up with that sniper? He had a clear view of Alicia and could have easily went for her head. Total plot shot.

He wasn't trying to kill her, only "awaken" her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles.    Valkyria Chronicles. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 6:50 pm

"Awaken" trite.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles.    Valkyria Chronicles. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 10:29 pm

Babby wrote:
And what's up with that sniper? He had a clear view of Alicia and could have easily went for her head. Total plot shot.

Did you watch the rest of the vids?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles.    Valkyria Chronicles. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 10:48 pm

"Trite" would imply it's an overused gimmick. While I'd agree were this an anime, something like Naruto or DBZ where sudden power ups are almost expected, VC is a very different world, and when events start to unfold it is surprising and unexpected.
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles.    Valkyria Chronicles. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 10:59 pm

That wasn't surprising or unexpected on account of Alicia being such a Sue. Of course the game's poster girl is going to get the magical power-up that's going to save everyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles.    Valkyria Chronicles. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Valkyria Chronicles.
Page 1 of 1