Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Valkyria Chronicles 3 to be revealed in TGS

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Valkyria Chronicles 3 to be revealed in TGS Empty
PostSubject: Valkyria Chronicles 3 to be revealed in TGS   Valkyria Chronicles 3 to be revealed in TGS Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 8:04 pm

Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles 3 to be revealed in TGS   Valkyria Chronicles 3 to be revealed in TGS Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 8:26 pm

Did you get VC2?
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles 3 to be revealed in TGS   Valkyria Chronicles 3 to be revealed in TGS Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 8:40 pm

No, I couldn't be bothered to buy a PSP for a game that looks nothing like the game I loved. I don't doubt that gameplay-wise it's better, but everything else looks much worse.

How about you? Did you get it?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles 3 to be revealed in TGS   Valkyria Chronicles 3 to be revealed in TGS Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 8:48 pm

Not yet. I couldn't find it in any shops, and I'm not paying the current price for it.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles 3 to be revealed in TGS   Valkyria Chronicles 3 to be revealed in TGS Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:01 pm

Make sure to summarise it for me when you get it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles 3 to be revealed in TGS   Valkyria Chronicles 3 to be revealed in TGS Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 5:41 am

I downloaded VC2, haven't played it yet though.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles 3 to be revealed in TGS   Valkyria Chronicles 3 to be revealed in TGS Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 9:02 am

Apparently this is going to be on PSP, no real proof yet though.
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/14/valkyria-chronicles-3-launching-on-psp-in-jan-2011/
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles 3 to be revealed in TGS   Valkyria Chronicles 3 to be revealed in TGS Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 9:38 am

Noooooooooooooooo
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles 3 to be revealed in TGS   Valkyria Chronicles 3 to be revealed in TGS Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 12:59 pm

From 1up:

Quote :
As Sega inadvertently confirmed yesterday, a new sequel in the Valkyria Chronicles series of strategy RPGs is in the works. What they haven't revealed yet is the platform.

This week's pre-Tokyo Game Show edition of Famitsu magazine confirmed, however, what a lot of fans may've suspected all along: Valkyria Chronicles 3 is coming out on the PSP, just like the previous one did. According to Famitsu, Valkyria 3 will once again be produced by Shinji Motoyama, the mastermind behind the series and a guy 1UP interviewed last year.

Like the previous two games, it will take place in the war-torn land of Gallia, but feature an independent story and a completely brand-new cast of characters. The magazine also notes that the plot will take place at the same time as the first game; it'll focus on the "Nameless," a penal battalion formed entirely of AWOL soldiers, army lawbreakers, and convicted criminals pressed into military service. This group handles covert missions and other under-the-table stuff for the Gallian government, and as you'd expect, they have a pretty high rate of attrition.

News that the series is staying on the PS3 is, in itself, enough to disappoint a lot of Japanese gamers. "If it's on a portable, then I don't need it," one anonymous commenter wrote on Japanese forum site 2ch.net. "I wanted something like how the first game was, but no... 2 was a disappointment to me, so I don't have any expectations at all for this one."

Why stay on the PSP, then? According to Motoyama, because there wasn't much reason not to. "This is the third game in the series, but only the second one on the PSP," he told Famitsu. "I figured that we should introduce new things to the series and let it mature more [on the PSP]. Of course, I know there are gamers who wanted us to release it on the PS3, but since the first Valkyria came out two years ago, I think we'd need a wholly different idea for the PS3, not something where the gameplay's only been updated a little bit. The problem with that, though, is that I don't think such a game would be Valkyria any longer."

While Motoyama is open to future PS3 developments, it seems that Valkyria is firmly planted on the PSP for now. "I want to make games on the right platform for the ideas I have. However -- for now, at least -- we're making the best Valkyria Chronciles that we can come up with."

The game is a lock for TGS, so stay tuned for more details imminently.

Ha, even the Japanese didn't like VC2.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles 3 to be revealed in TGS   Valkyria Chronicles 3 to be revealed in TGS Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 7:03 pm

I'm going to download VC2 at some point, so I'll give my opinion on that.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles 3 to be revealed in TGS   Valkyria Chronicles 3 to be revealed in TGS Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 7:42 pm