Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Terminator Genisys

Go down 
+7
A_Nonny_Moose
Superbuu3
Zero
SimianWonder
Neo
Eevil-Psycho
testtubebaby
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Terminator Genisys Empty
PostSubject: Terminator Genisys   Terminator Genisys Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 9:04 pm

New trailor for the film, actually looks really good & i will one day try to follow a timeline of the films.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Terminator Genisys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terminator Genisys   Terminator Genisys Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 9:50 pm

I imagine this is somewhere in between 1 and 2...?
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Terminator Genisys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terminator Genisys   Terminator Genisys Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 10:16 pm

cant be in between, sarah seems used to seeing a T-1000 in this & also is fighting along side arnie whereas in 2 she ran from arnie & shit herself when robert patrick came at her
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Terminator Genisys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terminator Genisys   Terminator Genisys Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 10:46 pm

Maybe the Terminator canon isn't something that should be taken seriously.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Terminator Genisys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terminator Genisys   Terminator Genisys Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 11:23 pm

It's an alternate timeline to events from the first three films. I refuse to acknowledge salvation.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

Terminator Genisys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terminator Genisys   Terminator Genisys Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 4:21 am

There seem to be a lot of callbacks to the first movie. And they have Emilia Clark as Sarah? Nice.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Terminator Genisys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terminator Genisys   Terminator Genisys Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 8:08 am

Considering Kyle is the person sent back in the first film this trailer literally states he's alredy been sent back and done that.  The Terminator canon does actually make sense if you follow the timeline.  The main issue is the no fate but what we make line being completely retconned to hell by the events of 3 and 4, making the important message from the future irrelevant.

Looks like they just want a do over and are just having kyle reese being sent back but then when he gets back the timeline is already changed by a parallel kyle reese changing the timeline already (the one in the original film).

The only downside to that is T2 being retconned, on the plus side that kid is such a little shit although when you're young to you don't realise it.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Terminator Genisys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terminator Genisys   Terminator Genisys Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 8:17 am

I don't think it's a parallel Kyle Reese buu. The difference in this new one is that Sarah has been raised and protected from childhood by a T800. That scene in the trailer is Sarah's T800 killing the T800 from Terminator 1.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Terminator Genisys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terminator Genisys   Terminator Genisys Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 11:08 am

this is already getting confusing.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Terminator Genisys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terminator Genisys   Terminator Genisys Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 1:13 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
The Terminator canon does actually make sense if you follow the timeline.
There isn't a timeline though, that's the point. Retcons are literally the core plot device of the whole series.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Terminator Genisys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terminator Genisys   Terminator Genisys Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 2:43 pm

time travel and timelines are complicated, let's just keep it at that.

I still have trouble wrapping my head around how you can send someone back in time and that person makes a baby with someone else and that baby turns out to be you.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Terminator Genisys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terminator Genisys   Terminator Genisys Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 8:50 pm

Neo wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
The Terminator canon does actually make sense if you follow the timeline.
There isn't a timeline though, that's the point. Retcons are literally the core plot device of the whole series.

I don't recall any noteworthy retcons, admittedly i've not seen 4 and I haven't seen 1-3 in ages, but don't think there's anything that meant those things couldn't have happened.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Terminator Genisys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terminator Genisys   Terminator Genisys Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 1:19 am

I mean that the entire Terminator series is about in-universe retconning, every movie has someone going back in time and changing something that already happened. It's impossible to talk about the timeline in regards to something we haven't seen yet because the series is designed in such a way as to allow the writers to make up whatever they want, say time travel made it happen and call it a day.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Terminator Genisys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terminator Genisys   Terminator Genisys Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 1:25 am

Neo wrote:
I mean that the entire Terminator series is about in-universe retconning, every movie has someone going back in time and changing something that already happened. It's impossible to talk about the timeline in regards to something we haven't seen yet because the series is designed in such a way as to allow the writers to make up whatever they want, say time travel made it happen and call it a day.

T1 they try to kill sarah connor and don't, she raises john to be a little shit.

T2 john connor is a little shit, sarah connor has told people about what she saw and looks mental they destroy cyberdyne, so judgement day can't occur.

T3 judgement day was going to occur always as it was more about a certain progression in technology level.

As they don't go back before any events in any individual film, it doesn't cause any issues, everything we're supposed to know going into each film we already know.  My main issue with 3 is the fact that fate exists as judgement day is destined to happen when the message that was oh so important was 'there is no fate but what we make'.  Aside from that there's nothing wrong with the movie canon of terminator if we're talking about all the significant things.  I've not seen 4 but events in that could be the same as they were supposed to be or drasticaly different enough has been altered in the past to fuck things up.

EDIT: oh i get what you mean, but yeah there's been nothing weird about the events in films there's nothing contradictory as they basically can say whatever the hell they want as its a changed timeline. Back to the future 2 pretty much does this.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Terminator Genisys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terminator Genisys   Terminator Genisys Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 1:34 am

I know it can all be explained after the fact, my point is that while you can speculate about Genisys based on the series so far at the end of the day it can just ignore all the previous films and make up whatever it wants without being implausible in context. Essentially everything you currently know about Terminator doesn't matter until it gets validated again by what happens in the new film.

E: Yeah basically. I should probably stop over thinking Terminator.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Terminator Genisys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terminator Genisys   Terminator Genisys Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 6:07 am

Neo wrote:
I know it can all be explained after the fact, my point is that while you can speculate about Genisys based on the series so far at the end of the day it can just ignore all the previous films and make up whatever it wants without being implausible in context. Essentially everything you currently know about Terminator doesn't matter until it gets validated again  by what happens in the new film.

E: Yeah basically. I should probably stop over thinking Terminator.

In regards to that I was only commenting on the fact T2 won't be the real timeline any more which is a shame, actually none of them will be. Its not a big issue though. Just seems a shame that there's not more of an excuse for people to watch T1 and T2.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Terminator Genisys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terminator Genisys   Terminator Genisys Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 6:15 am

Cool people have already seen T1 and T2.

As for the people who are just getting into the franchise after seeing this film, they'll probably be curious enough to check out the older features regardless of whether they're relevant to the new one's story or not.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

Terminator Genisys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terminator Genisys   Terminator Genisys Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 6:17 am

So am I the only one who thinks Terminator series is completely overrated?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Terminator Genisys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terminator Genisys   Terminator Genisys Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 6:32 am

Empirewild wrote:
So am I the only one who thinks Terminator series is completely overrated?

I don't blame you for thinking that. Don't forget T1 is like 30 years old compared to the average film back in those days it was breathtaking. T2 was at the point when action films were a large bulk of cinema films and hence was something really special. They deserve the credit that they are given. It's likely harder to see the big deal when you see there effects which look downright stupid in a lot of places now.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Terminator Genisys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terminator Genisys   Terminator Genisys Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 6:54 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Don't forget T1 is like 30 years old compared to the average film back in those days it was breathtaking.

Plus it had boobies.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

Terminator Genisys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terminator Genisys   Terminator Genisys Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 2:03 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
time travel and timelines are complicated, let's just keep it at that.

I still have trouble wrapping my head around how you can send someone back in time and that person makes a baby with someone else and that baby turns out to be you.
That's why I asked about time loops.
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net/t14309-terminator-1-mystery
That thread is nearly 3 years old.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Terminator Genisys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terminator Genisys   Terminator Genisys Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 2:57 pm

ha, weird that I didn't see that.

for me, it's one of those debates that always pops up when discussing Terminator.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Terminator Genisys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terminator Genisys   Terminator Genisys Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 10:10 pm

SOK wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Don't forget T1 is like 30 years old compared to the average film back in those days it was breathtaking.

Plus it had boobies.

Hahahaha
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Terminator Genisys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terminator Genisys   Terminator Genisys Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 7:41 pm

Damn, the new trailer gives away a huge (dumb) plot twist.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Terminator Genisys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terminator Genisys   Terminator Genisys Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 2:41 am

No, John, you are the terminators.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Terminator Genisys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terminator Genisys   Terminator Genisys Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Terminator Genisys
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next