Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Terminator Salvation

Go down 
+3
Kimarous
Kaede
Charlie Sheen
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Charlie Sheen
Spawn of Moose
Charlie Sheen

Terminator Salvation Empty
PostSubject: Terminator Salvation   Terminator Salvation Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 6:09 pm

Plot:
The fourth installment in the Terminator series, the film is set in 2018 and focuses on the war between Skynet and humanity, with the human Resistance fighting against Skynet's killing machines. This is a departure from the previous installments, which were set between 1984 and 2004 and used time travel as a key plot element. Bale portrays John Connor, a Resistance fighter and the franchises' central character, while Worthington portrays cyborg Marcus Wright. Terminator Salvation also features Anton Yelchin as a young Kyle Reese, a character first introduced in The Terminator, and depicts the origin of the T-800 Model 101 Terminator. (Copied from Wikipedia)

Review
First off fans of action movie's and fans of science fiction WILL LOVE this movie. This fits well into the Terminator continuity, I expected there to be plenty of plot hole's. Anyway on to the review. First off I need to talk about Marcus Wright, his character was good, the acting horrible. He awakens in the year 2018, were there is a massive war with human vs Skynet. His reaction's to the various situation's he's placed in are unrealistic. He was not even scared when facing gigantic machine's, and acted like he'd been a Resistance fighter for years.

He's quick to believe whatever people tell him, although in the end he does turn out to be a hero, and a somewhat likable character. Another issue with this film, is the multiple story line's going on. There are TOO Many things happening. First there's John Connor in the Resistance trying to save his father Kyle Reese, see time travel is involved so here's were thing's get messy. John needs to save Kyle, and send him back in time to protect his mother Sarah. However The Resistence has discovered a radio frequency, that can disable Skynet's machines.

There planning an attack on Skynet's HQ in San Fransisco. Problem is Skynet is taking human prisoners, and Reese is one of them. So John has to become a fugitive from the Resistance, while dealing with Machine's. This leads to him joining forces with Marcus. Now once there becomes one central storyline (Save Kyle Reese), the movie becomes awesome. However the first half, or at least the first 30 to 40 minutes it's a jumbled up mess.(Aka Pirates of the Caribbean 3). In the end Kyle ends up joining the Resistance, making the story ready for the next film.

So yes..there's one other storyline. Marcus meets up with Reese, and a mute girl named Star. They head out to find Connors, after hearing him on the radio. Reese, and Star are captured by Skynet, and Marcus heads to Connors, to get help in saving Reese. Again even though the multiple storyline's are confusing in the beginning, they tie in nicely. Plus Marcus gets a love interest of sorts named Blair Williams. After saving her from a deadly fall, she's the one that leads him to the Resistance. She ALSO helps him escape, so he can then team up with Connors to save Reese.

Beginning to mid part bad, the rest is superb.

Final Rev: 7-8/10.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Terminator Salvation   Terminator Salvation Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 6:19 pm

I have never met a single person who has liked this movie. From what I've heard, it sounds like utter crap?

Beckoth wrote:
There are TOO Many things happening. First there's John Connor in the Resistance trying to save his father Kyle Reese

Also, wasn't John Connor his own father?
Back to top Go down
Charlie Sheen
Spawn of Moose
Charlie Sheen

PostSubject: Re: Terminator Salvation   Terminator Salvation Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 6:22 pm

Well I don't just want to call it utter crap. It wasn't a perfect movie, I mean I enjoy the way the multiple storyline's came together.

Unlike certain things, were the storyline's never come together, and it never makes sense. I mean..It's nothing I'd care to rewatch, but it's not bad. No John Connor is the son, Kyle Reese is the father. Kyle is suppose to go back in time, protect Sarah, get with her, and have John.

Time Travel is confusing..another thing bad about the movie. So yeah..It's something to watch if you see it on TV, don't spend money on it.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Terminator Salvation   Terminator Salvation Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 7:18 pm

Beckoth wrote:
First off fans of action movie's and fans of science fiction WILL LOVE this movie.
Clearly you haven't seen any other reviews of the movie. Everybody HATED this film, ESPECIALLY the ones you mentioned!
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Terminator Salvation   Terminator Salvation Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 7:40 pm

I hated the film. It was pants, and there were huge plotholes. My review is HERE.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Sheen
Spawn of Moose
Charlie Sheen

PostSubject: Re: Terminator Salvation   Terminator Salvation Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:17 pm

okay fine...maybe I went a LITTLE too..easy when reviewing. Razz
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Terminator Salvation   Terminator Salvation Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:18 pm

John Connor wasn't his own father. John sent Kyle Reese back in time, Kyle Reese is his father.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Sheen
Spawn of Moose
Charlie Sheen

PostSubject: Re: Terminator Salvation   Terminator Salvation Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 12:21 pm

^^ That was directed to Kaede right?
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Terminator Salvation   Terminator Salvation Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 8:11 pm

Beckoth wrote:
^^ That was directed to Kaede right?

No, it was directed at Alexander McCall Smith.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Terminator Salvation   Terminator Salvation Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 9:43 pm

T3 was a fucking plothole

i can't imagine t4 did anything that could redeem the plot at this point
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Terminator Salvation   Terminator Salvation Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 11:00 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
T3 was a fucking plothole

i can't imagine t4 did anything that could redeem the plot at this point

Yeah, but at least T3 was an entertaining film. Salvation was just awful.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Terminator Salvation   Terminator Salvation Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 12:18 am

T3 was depressing.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Terminator Salvation   Terminator Salvation Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 12:26 am

in T1 and T2 the oh so imprtant message was there is no fate but what we make
this message so important its the message from the future

T3 JUDGEMNT DAY WAS DESTINY IT CAN'T be avoided

thereby killing one of my fave lines in cinema history
Back to top Go down
Charlie Sheen
Spawn of Moose
Charlie Sheen

PostSubject: Re: Terminator Salvation   Terminator Salvation Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 1:27 am

I don't remember T3.

I never knew it was THAT bad...
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Terminator Salvation   Terminator Salvation Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 1:30 am

aside from the fact i secretly find claire danes strangely hot

it was an awful film
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Terminator Salvation   Terminator Salvation Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 1:45 am

I still don't understand why the machines know all about Kyle Reese in T4.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Sheen
Spawn of Moose
Charlie Sheen

PostSubject: Re: Terminator Salvation   Terminator Salvation Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 1:48 am

^^ That's a good question....
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Terminator Salvation   Terminator Salvation Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 1:58 am

i haven't seen it

but the answer should be police reports
in T1 he confesses everything to the cops
Back to top Go down
Charlie Sheen
Spawn of Moose
Charlie Sheen

PostSubject: Re: Terminator Salvation   Terminator Salvation Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 2:02 am

Oh..that's true.

But he told cops...about time travel, and stuff? O_O
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Terminator Salvation   Terminator Salvation Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 2:06 am

yeah he's a dumb fuck
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Terminator Salvation   Terminator Salvation Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:45 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:

Plothole?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Terminator Salvation   Terminator Salvation Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 5:10 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:

Plothole?

Superbuu3 wrote:
i haven't seen it

but the answer should be police reports
in T1 he confesses everything to the cops
Back to top Go down
Charlie Sheen
Spawn of Moose
Charlie Sheen

PostSubject: Re: Terminator Salvation   Terminator Salvation Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:00 pm

You said "He" confesses.

Who is he? The Terminator...Sarah Connor..who?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Terminator Salvation   Terminator Salvation Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:05 pm

Kyle Reese, obviously.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Terminator Salvation   Terminator Salvation Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:07 pm

Beckoth wrote:
You said "He" confesses.

Who is he? The Terminator...Sarah Connor..who?

You've seen the film right? If not, it isn't hard to work out. 'He' would rule out Sarah Connor on account of being female, and The Terminator isn't very likely to confess, so who does that leave?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terminator Salvation   Terminator Salvation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Terminator Salvation
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next