Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just saw Terminator Salvation

Go down 
+3
Zero
Baal
SimianWonder
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Just saw Terminator Salvation Empty
PostSubject: Just saw Terminator Salvation   Just saw Terminator Salvation Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 10:06 pm

I'll keep it brief.

It was crap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just saw Terminator Salvation   Just saw Terminator Salvation Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 11:52 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just saw Terminator Salvation   Just saw Terminator Salvation Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 11:58 pm

Honestly, I wasn't expecting it to be good.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Just saw Terminator Salvation   Just saw Terminator Salvation Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 12:01 am

I had good laughs at that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just saw Terminator Salvation   Just saw Terminator Salvation Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 12:05 am

Sarbud wrote:

Holy shit. What was up his ass?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Just saw Terminator Salvation   Just saw Terminator Salvation Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 12:07 am

Someone walked through the background during one of the takes and he just flipped the fuck out.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Just saw Terminator Salvation   Just saw Terminator Salvation Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 1:43 am

Lol
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Just saw Terminator Salvation   Just saw Terminator Salvation Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 6:58 pm

I just saw T3 again, and while it wasn't well received by all, it's a very decent action film, and far superior to Salvation.
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Just saw Terminator Salvation   Just saw Terminator Salvation Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 9:45 pm

heard arnold's got a cameo in this.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Just saw Terminator Salvation   Just saw Terminator Salvation Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 10:30 pm

Yeah, very briefly via CGI.
Back to top Go down
Nariaco
Deck Hand
Nariaco

PostSubject: Re: Just saw Terminator Salvation   Just saw Terminator Salvation Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:55 am

I hated Salvation. So many plot holes, worse of all
Spoiler:

To me, Christian Bale had two modes of acting in this movie; not acting or BATMAN!
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Just saw Terminator Salvation   Just saw Terminator Salvation Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 1:04 am

I thought it was okay. A film has to be really bad for me to think it's bad though. While watching I wasn't ever thinking "This is terrible". Well apart from during that chase scene with the motor terminators. That was just too ridiculous. They drop the winch down and it gets tangled up with the terminator, and then they drag it round and it hits a gets flipped into that plane, so now the truck is tied to the plane... It was too many crazy things occuring to make the scene possible.

That and the confrontation with the T800. That went on forever, and also had too many convenient things happening to drag it out. Also, what the hell? We saw a T800 get melted by molten metal before, but suddenly it doesn't work?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Just saw Terminator Salvation   Just saw Terminator Salvation Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 9:10 am

I was bored for most of it. The characters are competely unengaging, Bale just totally dialled in his performance, and the story, which seemed to pat itself on the back for being so clever, was wafer thin and full of holes.

Examples? Spoilers ahead, obviously.

Spoiler:

Also,

Spoiler:

Oh, and as for the T800 not melting, well apparently someone asked the director the same question. His response? It was 'a different kind of molten steel'. The kind that doesn't melt the baddy then? What a crock of shit.

Thing is, maybe it wouldn't have been so bad if there'd at least been an attempt to address these in the film, but there wasn't. It was badly written, and and I'm exactly the kind of geek who notices these things and then can't let go. It was a bad film, plain and simple, and were I the creator of the Terminator franchise, I'd want it brushed away under the carpet, out of continuity, much like Capcom did with DMC2.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Just saw Terminator Salvation   Just saw Terminator Salvation Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 9:32 am

SimianWonder wrote:
I'd want it brushed away under the carpet, out of continuity, much like Capcom did with DMC2.

-_- Except this movie has about 3 prequels, Showing what's to be expected. DMC2 only had DMC1, And besides, It wasn't that bad of a game. Mad People just nit-pick and pitch a fit over shit because they feel like it. Dante still looks 10x sexier in the DMC2 gear than he does in any of the others...except the first one. That was the original. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Just saw Terminator Salvation   Just saw Terminator Salvation Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 4:55 pm

How do the machines know about Kyle Reese being Connor's dad in the first place?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Just saw Terminator Salvation   Just saw Terminator Salvation Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 5:24 pm

Because for some reason they know everything that we know having watched the first three films. Whoops, there's another plot hole.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just saw Terminator Salvation   Just saw Terminator Salvation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just saw Terminator Salvation
Page 1 of 1