Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

That Stars Wars thing

Go down 
+8
Takken
Kaio
Mishimi
Neo
????
Eevil-Psycho
Talking Sock
A_Nonny_Moose
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

That Stars Wars thing Empty
PostSubject: That Stars Wars thing   That Stars Wars thing Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 3:07 am

Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: That Stars Wars thing   That Stars Wars thing Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 3:46 am

Obligatory this:
That Stars Wars thing Lt55x9f
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: That Stars Wars thing   That Stars Wars thing Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 11:21 am

I've said this before to someone else, but there's something about the CGI/animation that looks off to me... it looks really crap and so obviously fake at some points, especially the space stuff.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: That Stars Wars thing   That Stars Wars thing Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 9:17 pm

George Lucas love his CGI way too much. Next to James Cameron, they have some weird fetish for it. It is now extremely annoying.

For some reason, I think this will be an OK Star Wars movie. Not amazing like the original trilogy and not terrible like episode I (Though 2 is over hated and 3 was great)

Just the middle ground
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: That Stars Wars thing   That Stars Wars thing Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 10:26 pm

Black people in space?
Back to top Go down
Mishimi
Deck Hand
Mishimi

PostSubject: Re: That Stars Wars thing   That Stars Wars thing Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 1:12 pm

Black holes.....
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: That Stars Wars thing   That Stars Wars thing Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 3:41 pm

Teehee.

Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: That Stars Wars thing   That Stars Wars thing Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 2:23 am

Y'know, I really hope the protagonist isn't the child of one of the older characters. Have the dude who's constantly panting in the trailer be the lead, while the Jedi spawn of whoever is a supporting character.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: That Stars Wars thing   That Stars Wars thing Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 12:18 pm

Isn't it generally assumed that Rey is Han and Leia's daughter?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: That Stars Wars thing   That Stars Wars thing Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 12:22 pm

Most likely. The possibility of her being Luke's child is approximately 3,720 to 1.
Back to top Go down
Takken
Deck Hand
Takken

PostSubject: Re: That Stars Wars thing   That Stars Wars thing Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 8:47 pm

SOK wrote:
Obligatory this:
That Stars Wars thing Lt55x9f

Heheh, this picture.
Isn't this Disney now?
10 bucks says this is a keyblade.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: That Stars Wars thing   That Stars Wars thing Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 3:21 am

That Stars Wars thing 2952440-poster

Cool poster, but are they rehashing the Death Star again?
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: That Stars Wars thing   That Stars Wars thing Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 2:46 am

Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: That Stars Wars thing   That Stars Wars thing Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 9:19 am

This was perfect.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: That Stars Wars thing   That Stars Wars thing Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 10:53 am

Ending on a cliffhanger and Gwendoline Christie's character not doing anything despite the hype annoyed me but it was otherwise good. Felt more like the originals than prequels which was nice. Action was all good and far less focused on CGI compared to prequels and there was a shitload of fanservice. The only other criticism I have is kind of a spoiler so I'll tag it:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: That Stars Wars thing   That Stars Wars thing Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 12:04 pm

I really liked it. It paralleled A New Hope so powerfully though. It did a lot of things really well.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: That Stars Wars thing   That Stars Wars thing Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 4:53 pm

Neo wrote:
Ending on a cliffhanger and Gwendoline Christie's character not doing anything despite the hype annoyed me but it was otherwise good. Felt more like the originals than prequels which was nice. Action was all good and far less focused on CGI compared to prequels and there was a shitload of fanservice. The only other criticism I have is kind of a spoiler so I'll tag it:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: That Stars Wars thing   That Stars Wars thing Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 2:13 pm

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCK.

Spoiler:

Aside from that, it is still a pretty good movie. One could say it is guilty of being too "safe" and its plot was essentially a retread on old ground, but I think everyone pretty much knew that going in. The first dip in the pool was always expected to be something that eased everyone into the universe with familiarity before they really took this new era to more original and unique territories. What mattered most was if they executed it well or not. I think it's safe to say they did a damn good job of it. Hell, there's a certain major plot development that EVERYONE saw coming a mile away before this movie was even close to release, and it's still probably the best damn part in the entire thing. The lighting, the setting, the acting, the whole atmosphere of that entire bit. All of it was perfection. It was the kind of dramatic high point that the prequels could only dream of coming close to reaching.

Being the resident movie music fanboy, I think the musical score was also exceptionally done for the most part (it's John Williams, so duh). The new leitmotifs don't really measure up to all the classic ones established in both previous trilogies, but I think Rey's material has some potential there, as does Finn's. The best part of it is basically all the rearrangements of older themes and the general compositions being top notch and serving as examples of how film music SHOULD be done in this day and age.

Spoiler:

Neo wrote:
Gwendoline Christie's character not doing anything despite the hype annoyed me.

She got Darth Maul'd.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: That Stars Wars thing   That Stars Wars thing Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 6:06 pm

Neo wrote:
Spoiler:

And here I was thinking Disney wouldn't put Leia back into her slave bikini.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: That Stars Wars thing   That Stars Wars thing Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2015 12:09 am

Maybe I should watch Star Wars properly. Only ones I've seen all the way through in one sitting are Empire Strikes Back and Revenge of the Sith.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: That Stars Wars thing   That Stars Wars thing Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2015 4:19 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: That Stars Wars thing   That Stars Wars thing Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2015 12:42 am

loved the movie, but...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: That Stars Wars thing   That Stars Wars thing Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 3:57 am

SOK wrote:
Spoiler:

People decided that TFA was a good movie before they even saw it. Likewise, people decided the prequels sucked just because they didn't like Jar Jar.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: That Stars Wars thing   That Stars Wars thing Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 4:49 am

Zero wrote:
SOK wrote:
Spoiler:

People decided that TFA was a good movie before they even saw it. Likewise, people decided the prequels sucked just because they didn't like Jar Jar.
To be fair, literally the only redeeming thing about Jar Jar is that fan theory that was circulating not long ago.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: That Stars Wars thing   That Stars Wars thing Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 5:25 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That Stars Wars thing   That Stars Wars thing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That Stars Wars thing
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next