Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Destiny

Go down 
+8
Skip
Golden Boy
Neo
????
Superbuu3
SimianWonder
Eevil-Psycho
testtubebaby
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 11:37 pm

Golden Boy wrote:
New bug found. Pocket Infinity now fires extremely fast...

And it actually got a lot worse in PvP as the damage is inversely proportional to the charge rate.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 3:03 pm

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/12/02/destiny-dark-playstation-exclusive-content-detailed/

bit of playstation exclusive content.. The undying mind strike & a new shotgun that looks great
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 7:28 pm

Weekly and Nightfall are Solar Burn. Finally. All but one piece of my legendary / exotic gear so far is solar damage, so I might have a chance of completing both this week, maybe even do them twice if I can get my Hunter level up a bit so I can have a crack at Nightfall with her.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 10:38 pm

testtubebaby wrote:
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/12/02/destiny-dark-playstation-exclusive-content-detailed/

bit of playstation exclusive content.. The undying mind strike & a new shotgun that looks great

So Sekrion is now the boss of two strikes?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 8:20 pm

Just added Pocket Infinity to my slowly expanding list of Exotics.  Not sure if I should upgrade it though, given that we may have to "cash in" any fully upgraded exotics to have a chance at getting ones with the higher threshold the new DLC will bring;

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/12/03/stare-into-the-dark-below-new-details-on-the-destiny-expansion.aspx

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 9:21 pm

This totally sucks. I should have bought more telemetries from Xür.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 10:37 pm

Yeah, if it does turn out to be accurate it is a pretty shitty way of doing it. It took me ten days worth of grinding bounties to get Thorn fully upgraded, do I really want to go through all of that again - not to mention the wasted materials and glimmer - just to get another twenty three points in attack?
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 10:55 pm

it will only be worth it in the iron banner event where the is no limits on. The armor is definitely worth it though as 32 light will scale your 300 atk exotic weapon up anyway & also give you a good bonus in damage reduction on nightfall or vault of glass
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 11:21 pm

Night fall is bring increased to level 30 as well. Guess I'll never be soloing it again.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 12:08 pm

I read that Bungie has made it easier to level exotics. That's good news. However it seems we will also have to pay Xur to give us the stronger version of our current exotics and spend 7 strange coins for the exotic shard.
I won't be upgrading most of my exotics since there is another dlc coming. Just Plan C, Ice Breaker and Patience and Time for PvE, and The Last Word and Thorn mostly for PvP (these two and the Mythoclast are currently the best primary weapons in PvP). Oh, and probably Pocket Infinity, so I can troll in the next Iron Banner event.

Edit: I was looking at the new exotic weapons they added,

Dark Below

http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/view/2809229973
http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/view/2681212685
http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/view/2344494718
http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/view/3705198528

House of Wolves

http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/view/3399255907
http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/view/2344494719

Dragon's Breath + Sunsinger will be the ultimate boss cheesing combo.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 10:49 pm

Xur's inventory is a bit on the repetitive side again. I should be thankful he wasn't stocking Voidfang again, I suppose, but nothing very exciting this week. I could get Plan C as I missed it last week, but I'm tempted to see what he has next week and just save my coins. I've still got Pocket Infinity to level, and Light/Beware and 77 Wizard to cover my Fusion Rifle needs.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 11:05 am

My Hunter is now level 26, and while she's very good in PvP, I struggle to find much viability in PvE. All her grenade options are lacking and the Bladedancer really isn't something you want to be using near end-game enemies, especialy with Lightswitch modifer

Anyone main Hunter and have any advice for a good PvE set up?
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 2:51 pm

Abuse their invisibility and ignore the super, unless you want to generate a few orbs for the other players. I like the arcbolt grenade.
I usually avoid any unnecessary fights and run straight to the bosses where I use the stalker upgrade to snipe them without having to worry about other enemies.

The Hunter subclasses are not that good in PvE.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 3:12 pm

im replacing my ps4 next week so ill be back on to do nightfall etc
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 3:49 pm

Thanks largely to Chou, I've already done the Nightfall with my Warlock, but trying to do it with Hunter is far more difficult, even with the exact same weapons. There might be only two levels between them, but Hunter is far more squishy and gets one-shotted by just about everything.

More embarrassingly, I tried the regular level 22 Weekly strike with Hunter and kept dying at the Nexus as well. My Sniper is only hitting for around 4.5k a shot, whereas the Nexus is still killing me in a couple of shots, not helped by the infuriating Minotaur who appears behind you if you try and cheese and manages to time his teleports to avoid all my fusion rifle/sniper shots.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 4:20 pm

i wont have mine til after tuesday so it will be next weeks NF, if you're having trouble then wait til chou & me do our warlocks & use hunter then. We will hold off the enemies & you can use invisibility to revive us if we go down
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 5:07 pm

Is anyone going to buy the first expansion?

I was on the fence initially, but I'm sorely tempted seeing as I've put I-hate-to-think how many hours into the vanilla game.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 5:20 pm

im going to buy the season pass, its only £10 more and yo know deep down we will still be playing when it comes out
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 7:09 pm

That was pretty much my thinking.

Destiny is an odd beast. I can see all its flaws as clear as day, sometimes it infuriates me to the point I want to break my controller, yet I can't stop playing it.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 9:25 pm

Aside from nightfall, which has been a waste of time as I'm always rewarded with the crappiest weapons or materials, I'm done with PvE. I enjoy Destiny's PvP though, and since Guilty Gear Xrd won't be released this month in Europe (damn you Arcsys), I'll get the expansion.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 10:24 am

The expansion is required to play the Weekly Heroic and Nightfall. The vendors sell armor that maxes out at 33 light points (so equipping the new armor should get you to level 31) and the new legendary weapons the Vanguard and Crucible's vendors sell are much better than the previous ones. The next Iron Banner's armor supposedly has even more light, so I'll wait until next week before buying the vendors' armor though.

Also in one of the missions you fight a monster that looks like Phogoth.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 12:24 pm

Completed the three story missions and Eris gave me a legendary fusion rifle called Murmur; it has two elements, but mediocre stats and crappy perks. She also offered me two more missions. I did the first and I unlocked one of the strikes. Xur is needed for the other one, so the second strike won't be available until Friday.

I played the Vex strike and it was pretty short but had lots of enemies. Many had yellow bars so it'll be great for farming glimmer. The boss was pretty disappointing though. I think it's weaker than Sekrion. Oh, and they added a level 26 Vanguard playlist.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 3:40 pm

I bought the expansion pass so will be checking this out tonight.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 4:44 pm

Golden Boy wrote:
The expansion is required to play the Weekly Heroic and Nightfall.

Is this for real? i just replaced my ps4 but i overspent as i got a good deal, why the fuck should i have to pay £20 to use a feature thats already in the game? absolute bollocks on bungie's part if thats right
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 4:47 pm

You're locked out of the weekly/NF every time it's a DLC strike, though you should still be able to play them when it's old content. Yes, it's horrifically anti-consumer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Destiny - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 23 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Destiny
Page 23 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30 ... 38  Next