Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Destiny

Go down 
+8
Skip
Golden Boy
Neo
????
Superbuu3
SimianWonder
Eevil-Psycho
testtubebaby
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 30 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 10:30 am

How did the dog kill your PS4?

I think this has been the first weekend in a while where I haven't even looked at Xur's inventory. Both my Warlock and Hunter have multiple exotic pieces of armour, and Scout Rifles don't interest me so I simply didn't go looking for him. I did a few games of Iron Banner, but most of my time has been swallowed by Dragon Age. Might be taking a little break from Destiny.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 10:46 am

he got his legs caught in the headset wire & pulled it off the unit, my mates coming round later to see if its fixable but i doubt it
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 5:33 pm

So di you fix it?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 6:36 pm

So Iron Banner is now over, that was good fun.  Didn't get enough play time to get anything good, but it was fun.  Interesting to see how many high level players really aren't very good.  And of course, the few that really were!
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 6:52 pm

doesn't look fixable but my friend has it at his house trying anyway. Hopefully if it is wrecked then i can get one before christmas but mrs ttb wont let me put it as priority
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 7:47 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
So Iron Banner is now over, that was good fun.  Didn't get enough play time to get anything good, but it was fun.

You should have played a bit more. Yesterday I got my Hunter from Rank 0 to 3 and it was pretty easy thanks to Lord Saladin's buff which tripled the experience gained from winning and bounties at that point.

Quote :
Interesting to see how many high level players really aren't very good.  And of course, the few that really were!

Well, what did you expect? There are ways to cheese every boss and phase in the strikes and the raid; Atheon can still be pushed off his platform despite Bungie's attempts to fix it. High level =/= skill. It's a good thing that Mythoclast got nerfed in time.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 6:19 am

For what it's worth it's not possible to cheese the Gatekeeper (arguably the hardest part of the raid for HM) and, bugs notwithstanding, it's much easier to fight HM Atheon properly than cheese him.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 4:26 pm

So it's been confirmed that Thorn and Bad Juju are getting buffed before December 9th. I hope they won't nerf the Last Word as it's my favorite weapon, even though sometimes I can't help but think that it's more OP than pre-nerf Mythoclast. Recently I was in a match on Shores of Time standing behind the heavy ammo box located close to zone B and I was able to kill in two headshots an enemy in the room next to zone C. The first one did 111 points of damage, like a hipfire headshot, and the second did 81 despite the gun's supposedly terrible range.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 10:05 am

Voidfang Vestments again? That's the fourth week in a row. Is Plan C worth an exotic slot?
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 10:21 am

PvE: totally

PvP: it's great, but PI is much better and if you aren't going to use its unique ability, it's not worth the exotic slot. Several legendary fusion rifles can be as good as Plan C with the right perks.

Last edited by Golden Boy on Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 10:45 am

And if you're wondering why PI is much better than any other fusion rifle,

A. it can shut down Bladedancer's Arc Blade and Sunsinger's Radiance in a single burst
B. it can kill two enemies in a single burst
C. it can outgun any other weapon at close to mid range
D. it's the only FR that can consistently kill enemies at range
E. it doesn't matter if you fail to time and aim your shot perfectly, as the second one will instantly finish off the enemy

So I wouldn't say it's hardly better than 77 Wizard.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 12:05 pm

If PI is better, my time would be better spent finishing the bounty for that than trying to earn strange coins and spending them on Plan C?
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 12:37 pm

You should get both.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 1:04 pm

I can't use both though, so why?
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 1:22 pm

Because you should have a fusion and sniper of every element and it's objectively better than PI for general use. The automatic burst that PI gives you is an extremely potent crutch for players who aren't as good with fusion rifles in PvP but the Plan C unique upgrade is also extremely good and allows you, with good reaction time, to swap and instantly kill someone who would otherwise beat you in a fight.

Chou is correct that it's the only non-heavy that can reliably kill bladedancers but everything else he listed is either wrong, extremely situational or only relevant to bad players.

Maxed PI and fresh Plan C stat comparison:
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 4:19 pm

Plan C used to be my main PvP weapon and I've also used PI. Regarding FR's stats in PvP:

- Impact is completely irrelevant; the damage of each "pellet" is determined by the charge rate. Higher charge rate results in lower impact
- Range basically affects the speed of the projectile
- Stability is the second most important stat. Less recoil = more effective at mid-long range as there is a higher chance of oneshotting a player

FWC's The Calming with a perfect balance perk has superior charge rate and stability; IB's Perun's Fire with perfect balance has much better stability, about the same range, slightly less speed; NM's Purifier with accelerated coils has pretty much the same stats as Perun's Fire; Vanguard's Light/Beware and DO's Final Rest with coils are faster than Plan C. Also, those are legendaries.

Plan C is a better option if you don't have one of them or PI. As for its unique perk, you still have to switch to Plan C and aim before firing it, even if you're going for a hipfire kill, so it won't save you if you are already taking damage. It's good if you like to rush and get ambushed quite often though. Everything I listed about PI is right, but I'd love to hear what's wrong about it.

Edit: actually watch this vid and tell me if getting those kills would have been possible with Plan C or any other FR (or non-heavy weapon in general):

Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 8:55 pm

I simply cannot find another rare Fusion Rifle to break down. Spent three hours in crucible today, got sweet FA from that, tried Nightfall, wiped early. Bugger.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 7:13 pm

Let me know if you need my help.
I just checked out of curiosity the loadouts of the top 10 players on destinytracker's PSN and XBOX leaderboards and I counted the following exotics (bear in mind that some of them may be PvE loadouts):

MIDA
Plan C
Truth
2x The Last Word
2x Gjallarhorn
3x Thunderlord
4x Suros Regime
5x Pocket Infinity

So many top "bad players".
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 7:53 pm

I have yet to do either the Weekly or Nightfall yet, so if you're up for those tomorrow evening, that'd be great.  On the plus side, I managed to get two Fusion rifles today, so I dismantled the rare and kept the Legendary (a void 77 Wizard).  Just need 200 Nightfall kills to secure PI, but this weeks Nightfall is less than ideal for it - the first applicable room featuring two Knights and a Wizard that are bullet sponges, even with Void Burn.

Edit: Also spent a little bit of time with my sadly unloved Hunter, getting her from level 16 to 18 just by cramming in a run of bounties. On the downside, I noted that both her exotic pieces (stored in the Vault) are for Gunslinger, and I'm going down the Bladedancer path currently.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 7:11 pm

http://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Update---12012014/en/News/News?aid=12433

Quote :
Thorn
Projectiles now briefly highlight targets on impact
Mark of the Devourer DoT (damage-over-time) upgrade increased against PvE enemy targets
Reload Speed increased
Magazine Size increased (9)
Ammo inventory size increased
Stability and Weapon Handling increased

And they fixed the bug that reduced Mark of the Devourer's damage too.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 7:21 pm

so they just turned it into a beast again?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 7:33 pm

You mean... Thorn is the beast it was always meant to be? I love Thorn. It's not the best exotic handcannon, but it looks awesome, was a pain in the arse to get, and as my first exotic it'll always hold a place in my heart.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 7:58 pm

New bug found. Pocket Infinity now fires extremely fast...
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 8:28 pm

My Hunter is finally level 20!
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 8:32 pm

And holy shit, Thorn fucking rocks. The bigger clip and halve reload speed make it the monster it always promised to be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Destiny - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Destiny
Page 22 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 30 ... 38  Next