Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Destiny

Go down 
+8
Skip
Golden Boy
Neo
????
Superbuu3
SimianWonder
Eevil-Psycho
testtubebaby
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 25 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 2:44 pm

You'd probably be surprised. Try it!
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 3:30 pm

I don't like surprises.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 4:05 pm

It seems like GG performs much better against shields than snipers, though the latter does more raw damage on unshielded headshots, so which would be better to use will depend on the situation. Regardless, it's still great against supplicants and oracles and the stacking buffs from precision kills are more than enough to make gunslingers strong in almost any situation. I also like when Thorn is a powerful, usable weapon that doesn't reload slower than a LMG.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 5:23 pm

just jumped in to help some randoms with the last 2 bits, got 3 ascendant shards for the first bit & then both atheon's epilogue and Hawkmoon for killing the boss
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 5:27 pm

Hawkmoon is fantastic and will never be sold by Xur, you're very lucky. Atheon's was hit really hard by the auto rifle nerf but is still great in void burn missions.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 5:29 pm

have you done weekly strike yet? im just starting it for 9 coins if u wanna join
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 5:34 pm

I'm just about to sleep, sorry. I'll be on tomorrow though most likely if you need help, I know the nightfall is kinda frustrating this week because the boss has so much health and there isn't a burn modifier.

E: I am unfunny and dumb, fusions are fun to play with though.

Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 5:53 pm

you spelt cry wrong
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 7:42 pm

I've fallen in love with Bladedancer's invisibility. I use Stalker, Blind Strike and Shadowjack to avoid every unnecessary fight in story missions and strikes and rush to the end.

Also, never thought I'd see Neo use #rekt. or fusion grenades
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 7:53 pm

I've spent a lot of time with Voidwalker over the last few days, mostly due to that accursed Thorn bounty, and I think I prefer it to Sunsinger.  No, you can't self res, but I prefer the Nova Bomb to Radiance and I ****ing love Blink.  In PvP, you can run at someone, blink and shotgun them point blank.  Sure, it takes a bit of getting used to the range but when it comes together it looks utterly badass and a lot of people simply don't know how to defend against it.

I bought some Legendary Crucible gear, so I've swapped out my Exotic chest armour and am levelling up the exotic helmet I got from last weeks nightfall.  Also, is it just me or do exotic weapons take forever to level?
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 8:16 pm

ye they take longer than the armor (or so it seems) just remember to equip them before handing in your bounties
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 8:19 pm

They do. Clear Nightfall for the experience bonus. Xur also sells items that speed up the process.

How can you prefer nova bomb to RADIANCE? I think we need to play some PvP to teach you a lesson about scrubby tactics, fusion rifles and the glamour of the Sun God.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 10:27 pm

Golden Boy wrote:
They do. Clear Nightfall for the experience bonus. Xur also sells items that speed up the process.

How can you prefer nova bomb to RADIANCE? I think we need to play some PvP to teach you a lesson about scrubby tactics, fusion rifles and the glamour of the Sun God.

Void walker is for the peasants.[/spoiler]

I'm not yet at a level where Nightfall is feasible, certainly not solo.

Nova bomb in PvP is an easy one-shot kill against clusters of enemies. Radiance offers its own rewards, but nothing quite so immediately gratifying. Also, I suck at using Fusion Rilfes.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 12:29 am

Radiant Skin basically wins every gunfight for you. You can also survive and counter hunters' supers, kill enemies with one melee attack and refill your grenades instantly. Fireborn is decent too. Apparently solar weapons will burn your opponent during Radiance if you've have Touch of Flame or Viking Funeral equipped; Ice Breaker's body shots (the exotic fire sniper rifle) become one-hit kills.
How often do you get 2+ kills with one nova bomb?

Send me a message for the nightfall.

I started levelling up a Gunslinger and Golden Gun's damage is crappy. For example, GG did about 1300 damage on Phogoth, Ice Breaker ~1100 and a precision shot from IB did ~2600. It has its uses (basically the ones that Neo mentioned), but it certainly is unimpressive.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 12:30 am

At least don't tell me that Energy Drain has as much utility as Scorch.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 12:59 am

You probably shouldn't be using any super against bosses unless you don't have any other options, I don't think a single one, including fusion spam, outdamages weapons. They're all more useful against yellow/regular enemies.

For the record what I said about energy drain is still true, in what way is movement (dodging shots, positioning) and reload speed (less downtime, ability to win successive fights) less utility than a bit of extra health? If you prefer one over the other that's fine but you really shouldn't be writing everything off just because it doesn't fit your personal playstyle.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 1:09 am

For example, the overshield can let you survive by taking more shots but being able to strafe around at near sprint speed lets you avoid almost all enemy shots and not need the hp in the first place, or shoot everything with powerful guns like hand cannons or shotguns that might run out of ammo otherwise and leave you stranded.

E: a combination of blink+drain+shotgun is pretty terrifying in PvP for obvious reasons.

Most of my opinions are going to be coloured by how things perform in the raid and what is needed to succeed there but I do think that most of it holds true in other contexts too.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 2:17 am

Neo wrote:
You probably shouldn't be using any super against bosses unless you don't have any other options, I don't think a single one, including fusion spam, outdamages weapons. They're all more useful against yellow/regular enemies.

Oh I just wanted to check the damage compared to a sniper and Phogoth made an easy target. For the record I was unable to oneshot some of the Knights in the area with the three waves and I was playing on the level 24 playlist. It seems it's marginally better for killing enemies with shields or no weak points than a sniper (and about on the same level as a high-impact fusion rifle? and obviously inferior to heavy weapons). Well, generating orbs and saving ammo is useful too.

Quote :
For the record what I said about energy drain is still true

It's not!

My problem with what you said about Energy Drain has nothing to do with the buffs it provides. Yes, having better movement speed is great for strafing and avoiding incoming fire. I don't consider though the reload speed buff that important for most of the top-tier guns in the game and random legendary with perks that increase it. Filling up the super bar is good too, especially if you've equipped one of the helmets that affect the super.

The problem is that in most cases it won't be as useful as Scorch, (which is what you said), because:

a) if you jump into a group of enemies to melee one, you may die
b) even if you survive, you'll most likely want to take cover to heal (and the buffs are temporary)
c) in most cases where it's easy to land the hit the enemies are trash and the buffs don't really matter
d) if you wait until it's pretty much guaranteed that you won't be taking much damage (i.e. you have already killed most enemies), the buffs aren't going to be that useful anyway

Scorch is overall better because:

a) even if something goes wrong, the shield will save you
b) it is the ultimate panic button
c) the shield is useful for standing out of cover and quickly killing enemies (same result as ED, different play style like you said)

tl;dr: scorch has multiple uses at the same time, it's always a good tool, unlike energy drain which is more situational and risky so it doesn't "have as much utility".

I hope you realise we're arguing semantics and subclass balance in PvE.

Neo wrote:
E: a combination of blink+drain+shotgun is pretty terrifying in PvP for obvious reasons.

More terrifying than bombing poor people to oblivion from the other side of the stage?

Raid is also extremely different than the rest of PvE content. No revives, killing speed is an important factor, you've got to "defend" specific spots (to block the Templar's teleport), etc.

Ultimately Bladedancer's invisibility is only good for preventing the teleports. It's much better in non-raid content as it can be used for skipping battles, revives and hit and run strategies.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 5:25 pm

Playing around with the Hunter subclasses made me appreciate Voidwalker a lot more. I feel that Gunslinger is the most boring class too. I'll probably create a Titan next week.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 7:10 pm

My Hunter is still level 9. I still think I'm likely to delete her, it's just not as fun as being a Warlock, plus I've got lots of gear stored for Warlocks already so I could have another level 25 Warlock inside around eight hours or so.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 7:12 pm

Also, has anyone tried the Weekly yet? I could do with another 9 strange coins to ensure purchase from Xur tomorrow.

I tried the Nightfall and got fed up with getting one-shotted by mobs.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 7:36 pm

Bladedancer is an awesome class, don't delete her. I can help with the weekly events, even though I dislike that strike and I've already played it over five times since the reset. I'll just have you to carry my future Titan in next week's Nightfall.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 7:42 pm

The worst thing about this nightfall and weekly is that they're not even particularly difficult, they're just full of anti-fun enemies like unstaggerable phalanxes and the boss has about 10x as much health as he should so it takes forever.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 8:43 pm

I don't mind the Phalanxes as much as the Psions and their stupid hitboxes.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 11:54 pm

titan is shit, at least for me it is. Melee has no range at all and after playing warlock and hunter you'll see just how bad it feels. Hunter has an appalling jump compared to the other 2 classes. I haven't worked out warlocks flaw yet but there has to be one (maybe dies too easily but mine is level 29)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Destiny
Page 13 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 25 ... 38  Next