Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Destiny

Go down 
+8
Skip
Golden Boy
Neo
????
Superbuu3
SimianWonder
Eevil-Psycho
testtubebaby
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 34 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 9:28 pm

Did third Nightfall, got the same bloody Handcannon as from the first. That's three weeks in a row that I've gotten two identical guns across the three characters. Should this be possible if rewards are random?

(Yes, I got Hawkmoon from one last week as well, but that was a rare instance of Destiny's RNG smiling on me).
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Destiny - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 1:03 pm

so, are there still any places where a level 28 can easily get some experience? some place i can cheese or not put too much effort into?

got next week off and I'm thinking about getting back to it a bit.. get some better gear and stuff..
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 6:29 pm

Hmm, you should play the roc strikes to earn a few vanguard recommendations and marks so you can buy the level 31 gear that the vendors now sell. Buy an exotic item from Xur as well and complete the daily heroic missions and one public event per day for ascendants materials in order to upgrade them.
For experience, I suggest doing the Vanguard and Eris' bounties. The "fist of Crota" story mission is great for her bounties as you can quickly farm Hive kills.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 7:41 pm

Wow, after the spoils of last week, Xur's stock was crap this week. God to see the helmet engrams back though; managed to roll Mask of Third Man for my Hunter and another Obsidian Mind, though this one has superior stats to the one sold last week.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 12:44 pm

Spent the morning playing with my Hunter, trying to hit level 30 and the difference in play style between Hunter and Warlock is quite a bit more pronounced that I recall. A Sunsinger is really quite tanky, able to gain overshield and self-revive. Hunter feels far more featherweight; less health, slower regen, but much more nimble. Bladedancer's super may be useless for high-end PvE, but I still like having Blink and cloaking abilities, even if Gunslinger does get Chain of Woe and a more useful PvE super.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Destiny - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 12:46 pm

oh, so apparently there was a new strike also that I forgot to do, I quite liked it.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 4:06 pm

I'm not a big fan of Undying Mind, it simply throws many Major enemies at you at is content to call that a challenge. Tried running my Hunter through Crota's End on normal, and it just wasn't happening. The group was inexperienced, and I've only done it once before with my 31 Warlock, so I was doing my best to cement things but I was largely going ignored with a few others trying to take on the Thrall hordes in the abyss single-handedly and then dying. By the time we got to the Knights it was clear this wasn't a team, so much as a randomly assembled group of people too keen to show what they can do. I'm not sure who they thought they were impressing, but we wiped numerous times before I got frustrated and left.

The Raids are really good fun if you can get a good group together, otherwise they're just an exercise in futility. I can see why Bungie opted not to put matchmaking on for them.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Destiny - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 4:26 pm

and apparently there was yet another strike to unlock while doing all these quests for what's his/her name, I thought I did all of them..

liked it better than Undying Mind yeah.

also, i like how you can exchange Vanguard marks for materials now, now I don't have to farm them (which is what really put me off of Destiny), but I'll be spending a lot of time waiting on upgrades or buying gear though because of the cap on the marks.. But at least I love doing the Roc Strikes, so it's all good for now..

Got my first piece of new equipment from the Vanguard too, got one of the gauntlets as I didn't have a commendation yet. Even not-upgraded, it's already better than what I had and I already have more light than my previous one.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 4:53 pm

Yeah, not having to farm for mats is a much-needed change. If you do the Nightfall, then do a few ROC strikes you'll likely either get enough gear to level up from rewards alone, or at least have enough marks to buy the gear you need.

If you need a hand with anything and see me online, feel free to invite to assist. Chou got me through the mid-twenties wehn I was really struggling, I'd be happy to do the same for you.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Destiny - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 10:35 pm

not sure if I have your PSN...

the only thing I would need help with is getting coins I think, so the weekly strikes I guess, right? I need coins till I have enough to buy the suros regime from Xur whenever he's selling it. it's the only exotic weapon I want or need anyways.

I'm really getting tired of having to play with legendary scout or pulse rifles, and I haven't found a legendary auto-rifle, and I can't buy one yet.. and I probably won't, cause I want the Suros Regime anyways, so I can use my marks for other things.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 10:43 pm

My PSN is SimianWonder

Yeah, You need to do the Weeklies to get coins, you get 3 for doing the level 24 strike, six for the 28 and 9 for the thirty. You also get coins from random blue engrams, so it can be worth trying to do a few strikes if you're a bit short when Xur shows up, and Nightfalls can also award them though that's up to RNG.

I still don't have Suros either, so I wouldn't be adverse to Xur selling it.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 1:17 pm

Why would you want Suros? Scout rifles and handcannons are way more useful in PvE than autorifles and Thorn, The Last Word, Vex Mythoclast and Hawkmoon are better exotic primaries for PvP.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Destiny - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 1:54 pm

cause I play better with auto-rifles.

I don't care if the weapon is better, if it doesn't fit how I like to play, it's only a nuisance..

I still use a blue Shingen when I play crucible, even when I do have "better" purple auto-rifles or pulse rifles..
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 7:35 pm

Not to mention Suros can heal you during the HM Crota fight, as well as cancel out Thorn's DoT in Crucible.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 10:59 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:

Have you tried a scout rifle or hand cannon lately? Autorifles' damage has been significantly nerfed, they're not as good as they used to be.

SimianWonder wrote:
Not to mention Suros can heal you during the HM Crota fight,

But if you want to use Suros for some reason instead of armor with a healing effect, you won't be able to equip Gjallarhorn.  

Quote :
as well as cancel out Thorn's DoT in Crucible.

And it's still going to lose to Thorn in a gunfight.

By the way, I still stand by my point that Pocket Infinity is the most ridiculous weapon in PvP followed by Thorn and The Last Word. Suros, or any AR, simply cannot win against these weapons anymore.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Destiny - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 3:12 pm

Golden Boy wrote:
Eevil-Psycho wrote:

Have you tried a scout rifle or hand cannon lately? Autorifles' damage has been significantly nerfed, they're not as good as they used to be.

it's not about damage output if I can't play good with the weapon, I had a legendary scout rifle, and it was powerful yes, but I hate that it was a single shot weapon, cause I hate having to keep tapping the button to shoot. and in PvP that's a nuisance when you have those situations where you need to be quick.

handcannons are powerful, but they're a bitch if you want to shoot from some sort of a distance, or for me they are, I'd have to get up close to properly use them, and getting close is not my playstyle, unless I want to unleash my Titan special. so shotguns are out as well for the way I play.

for me, it's not about how good a weapon is, or how much damage it has, it's how good I can play with it, I'm not denying there's probably better weapons out there, but as I said, what's a more powerful weapon gonna do good for me, if I suck at using it as it doesn't fit my style?
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Destiny - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 3:25 pm

I have one last gripe and that's that I wish ascendant shards were easier to get by..

I've got 2 pieces of the new gear, which has put me from 28 to about 20-30% into 29, but they're both fully leveled, and now they're just sitting there waiting for me to have luck to get some shards to also fully upgrade them.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 6:43 pm

Shards and energies can be gained by doing the Daily mission or if you're level 29 you'd be fine to run through Vault of Glass on Normal mode.  Give it a month or so and you'll have more shards / energies than you know what to do with.

Handcannons do have range; the likes of Hawkmoon and Thorn are almost mini-sniper rifles.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Destiny - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 7:04 pm

the daily today was level 30, so I stayed away from it. But i normally do it yeah.

and you don't mean do Vault Of Glass by myself right? but yeah, we're planning on doing it this sunday with some friends. but I kind of need quite some shards before that.

also yeah, Handcannons have range, I guess I didn't express myself correctly, it's just that I'm not good with them at range.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 8:58 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
the daily today was level 30, so I stayed away from it. But i normally do it yeah.

and you don't mean do Vault Of Glass by myself right?

Oh goodness, no, I'm pretty sure it's actually impossible to solo.

Anyway, another poor showing from Xur. The fact they're all DLC weapons doesn't bother me overly, the fact they're all repeats from the last few weeks does. No heavy ammo synth either. I ended up only buying a couple of exotic shards. I'll save my remaining coins next week when he'll hopefully sell something better, but it will probably be No Land Beyond again.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Destiny - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 11:44 pm

I got an exotic gauntlet for my titan from his engram, and I was able to upgrade my exotic helmet to the new light "standards" as well... if I get some more glimmer, I can upgrade my exotic machine gun too.

I wanted to keep the coins I had to buy a suros whenever he was going to sell, but I couldn't say no to these upgrades.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 8:13 pm

You could be waiting weeks or months for a specific piece of gear though, so you're better off getting yourself geared up for now, and you if you run the raids you might even get the exotics you so covet as drops. You probably won't, but you might.

Case in point, I ran through the Crota's End raid again today and got nothing but Radiant Shards and Energies for my trouble. To the best of my knowledge, not one person on the fireteam got an exotic drop at any point.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Destiny - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 11:41 am

we just did Vault Of Glass, someone got the Suros Regime in the chest at the Maze, and someone else got Gjallarhorn after the end boss.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 4:47 pm

I just did another run of Crota's end, and got nothing but shards and energies again.  Bah.  I'm close to 32 now, just need either a Raid helmet or chest piece.

Nightfall continued it's crappy run recently as well. After wiping three times thanks to boomers in the final room, I finally beat it got Red Hand IX, a New Monarchy handcannon. Solid stats, but perks were totally unremarkable, though, so it got turned into energies. Did Bungie alter the drop rate for exotics upon completion of Nightfall? I haven't seen on drop since I got Hawkmoon, and I've run it seven or eight times at least since then.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 11:00 pm

Got a raid helmet... But only the old VoG drop from hard mode Atheon. In true Destiny fashion, one guy got the Vex mythoclast who already had it, one guy got the Vision of Confluence who already had it, and what did I get? Just a bloody ship. Bah. Oh well, test day tomorrow get to do it all again!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Destiny - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Destiny
Page 30 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 34 ... 38  Next