Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Destiny

Go down 
+8
Skip
Golden Boy
Neo
????
Superbuu3
SimianWonder
Eevil-Psycho
testtubebaby
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 7:04 pm

Forget about the dailies and the public events (but let's do the nightfall). I honestly doubt you can get even to rank 3 in just two days.

Getting to rank 4 (so you can buy the gloves): 6100 points
A win: 50 points
A loss: 1 medallion that's worth 40 points
Bounties: 100 points each

Unfortunately it's always Control matches which take forever to end. And don't forget to equip the shaders, the emblem and buy the buff.

Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 7:07 pm

daily is essential with 2 upgrade material guaranteed, only problem i have is that i constantly get shards when i need energies. I can do nightfall with my hunter if you need to do it again but i do need to do 2 weeklies as i only have 7 coins left
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 7:49 pm

Where did you spend all of your coins?! I've about 90 left and if Xur follows a pattern, as it's speculated (primary -> special -> heavy), I won't be buying anything this Friday.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 11:06 am

spent 23 on TLW last week but i stopped doing the weekly when i thought i had lots of coins. If he follows that pattern then maybe he will have the ice breaker again as i missed it last time.

What rank are people with the iron banner? im only 2 atm but if it carries on adding 1200 points per level then it will be near impossible to get to level 5 unless we set up camp in there until monday
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 12:16 pm

It stays at 2400 for rank 4 ank 5. I think I'm getting over 70 points now thanks to the buff a and it's only the third day of the event. Plus I'll be able to equip a class item once I rank up again.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 1:11 pm

i only need to get to rank 4 for the gauntlets so i should get there, im 900/2400 to level 3 but fuck doing the bounties, i manage 2 a day, sometimes 3 (if i can kill 10 without dying) but i dont use AR or HMG in there
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 1:46 pm

I've been spoiled by the Last Word and I don't like using autorifles in PvP anymore. I upgraded Jolder's Hammer and now it drops enemies in 3 headshots and can hold 50 bullets. The stability upgrade and its low RoF make it very accurate too. It feels super cheap.
I also got the infamous IB handcannon which kills in 2 headshots or 3 body shots, but it has low RoF and stability, a small clip and bad reload time. Lord Saladin reforged it for me and now it has two stability perks and the final round one; I'd prefer a perk that reduces its reload time, but I'm running low on motes.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 7:31 pm

I would have been using my fully upgraded Thorn, but seeing as Bungie fucked that up, I've been switching between my Shadow Price Auto Rifle and Last Word in the primary slot, and Invective and Light/Beware in the Special slot.

Also, lots of people use Gjallarhorn. That thing looks frickin' awesome.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 8:41 pm

I usually run the Last Word, Light/Beware, or Final Boss on some maps, and Jolder's Hammer. I really miss using Plan C though, so I'm looking for a good non-exotic primary. Truth and Gjallarhorn are good, but I find camping next to the heavy ammo chests too boring.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 9:17 pm

I usually prefer machine guns to rocket launchers as you can get more two or three kills with a clip fairly easily and it takes luck to do the same with a single rocket.  That said, a lot of people in Iron Banner seem to prefer rockets.  My non-exotic primary go-to seems to be Shadow Price.  As I said earlier in the topic, it was a decrypted one from an engram so the perks are different from the shop bought item; glass half full (which as you said deals only minimal damage extra) and increased damage after a reload.  It's got excellent stability, high RoF and impact, a decent magazine.  It's a very solid primary.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 10:12 pm

rocket launchers are preferred because its control, there is usually 3-4 people in a zone so they are great for a multi kill.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 11:10 am

xur is selling MIDA this week
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 1:38 pm

Shores of Time and Blind Watch should be removed from Control.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 2:20 pm

Shores of Time is one of the best maps though, what bothers you about it? Blind Watch is still quite unbalanced but I find it a lot more fun than either vehicle map.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 2:34 pm

Shores of time is one of my favourites.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 2:49 pm

It's a nice map, but the team that controls zones C and B has a tremendous advantage. The constant heavy ammo drops don't help either. Firebase Delphi and Twilight Gap are the most balanced maps for Control.
Also, I got a Perun's Fire (IB fusion). Reforged it to have rangefinder and perfect balance perks. I'm going to snipe enemies with this thing. Just imagine how scary the IB shotgun will be whenever it becomes available.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 3:56 pm

None of the control maps are particularly well balanced, and there tend to be certain areas that act as choke points. Some are still much more fun than others. I don't enjoy Bastion or First Light as they're too big and you seemingly end up spawning thirty seconds from the nearest action point, for instance.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 6:01 am

The Last Word is much stronger in Iron Banner than regular Crucible, I think it's overrated for normal use but it feels unfair with 300 attack.

E: I also think Blind Watch might actually be more unbalanced than before, B being in the middle of that long corridor lets the defending team sit on top of the heavy ammo and pick off people who come through the door at the top or down the stairs while allowing them access to C within 2 seconds via multiple routes. It seems far more difficult to push through the map when you start at A, I don't think I've won a game yet from that position.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 10:37 am

Just managed to top a game of Iron Banner using Last Word and Light/Beware - having not spent much time using Fusion Rifles, I hadn't realised they basically guarantee a one-shot kill if it connects cleanly. At range I struggled somewhat, but at medium range Light/Beware is monstrous, and at closer range Scorch has such great defensive and offensive utility that combined with the sheer output of Last Word I really did have one of the best games I've had in PvP.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 10:42 am

Neo wrote:
The Last Word is much stronger in Iron Banner than regular Crucible, I think it's overrated for normal use but it feels unfair with 300 attack.

You always say the strangest things.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 10:46 am

It's true. I've fought against it a lot in regular crucible in the past and played a couple of games myself just to test my theory. It's undeniably overpowered in Iron Banner but in crucible you can beat it easily with any other 'good' primary.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 10:59 am

I can't think of any other primary that comes even close to the Last Word's DPS.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 7:26 am

I got my first PvP hatemail today, made me feel warm and fuzzy.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 8:06 am

Got a legendary ship from Iron Banner. I think it kinda resembles the Star Wars Racer's vehicles.

Destiny - Page 21 Birth_of_History

Also, regarding the Last Word, I forgot to mention that sometimes the gun does hipfire levels of damage despite being aimed. Now that's actually unfair.
And for anyone interested, the buff almost doubles the IB reputation gained at this point.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 8:54 am

my dog killed my PS4, not a happy chappy atm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Destiny
Page 21 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 38  Next