Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

lightning returns final fantasy 13

Go down 
+4
Baal
Neo
A_Nonny_Moose
testtubebaby
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

lightning returns final fantasy 13 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: lightning returns final fantasy 13   lightning returns final fantasy 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 8:10 pm

Well it's a good game, sooooooo...
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: lightning returns final fantasy 13   lightning returns final fantasy 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 8:31 pm

i hope it is baal, she has a habit of playing a game once & never playing again so ill have to do it if she wants to see the proper ending
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: lightning returns final fantasy 13   lightning returns final fantasy 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 3:21 am

testtubebaby wrote:
so, me & mrs TTB had a bit of a discussion, she wanted this game & i didnt like it so ill never buy it..... anyway long story short, we now own this game.
Lmao
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: lightning returns final fantasy 13   lightning returns final fantasy 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 1:09 pm

The time mechanic is driving me fucking insane, I've been told I shouldn't concern myself with it but I always spend a lot of time exploring games and I feel like I can't with this.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: lightning returns final fantasy 13   lightning returns final fantasy 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 2:26 pm

Have you been using Chronostasis?
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: lightning returns final fantasy 13   lightning returns final fantasy 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 3:35 pm

Quite a lot but battles seem fairly rare for a FF game and I can't maintain it long enough to get all the shit I'm trying to do done. I'm probably just trying to complete things much faster than I need to but it's hard to break my usual see everything, do everything mentality because this is a JRPG and I feel like it'll be much more tedious to restart compared to something like Dead Rising.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: lightning returns final fantasy 13   lightning returns final fantasy 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 5:16 pm

its a very short game if you just want to dick around & see everything, although when i did my run i had 2 spare days (12 & 13) where i just slept because i'd done just about everything i could
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: lightning returns final fantasy 13   lightning returns final fantasy 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 5:34 pm

What I'm really worried about are sidequests that could be locked to certain days or times.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: lightning returns final fantasy 13   lightning returns final fantasy 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 5:38 pm

It can be a pain trying to maintain time if you can't find enemies to kill for EP to maintain Chronostasis spam, but it's generally the accepted method for getting pretty much everything done that you want to get done. That being said the game is pretty free about what you can do right away and only certain quests are locked to specific days. You can also finish all of the storyline missions relatively quickly too, which'll leave you even more time for other stuff.

It's a weird game, but once you get used to its flow, it's very easy to start putting the pace in your favor.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: lightning returns final fantasy 13   lightning returns final fantasy 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 5:41 pm

Neo wrote:
Quite a lot but battles seem fairly rare for a FF game and I can't maintain it long enough to get all the shit I'm trying to do done. I'm probably just trying to complete things much faster than I need to but it's hard to break my usual see everything, do everything mentality because this is a JRPG and I feel like it'll be much more tedious to restart compared to something like Dead Rising.

yeah, I have the same problem.. I know the time limit shouldn't be an issue, but just it being there makes me rush and try do to everything I can as fast as I can, it becomes stressful after a while. I wanna be able to look around and do stuff at my own leisure...

I really wanna finish the game and get a platinum, cause I got one for the previous FFXIII's but I can't be bothered cause I get so stressed about there being a time limit..
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: lightning returns final fantasy 13   lightning returns final fantasy 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 6:23 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
Neo wrote:

yeah, I have the same problem.. I know the time limit shouldn't be an issue, but just it being there makes me rush and try do to everything I can as fast as I can, it becomes stressful after a while. I wanna be able to look around and do stuff at my own leisure...

I really wanna finish the game and get a platinum, cause I got one for the previous FFXIII's but I can't be bothered cause I get so stressed about there being a time limit..

http://www.trueachievements.com/walkthroughpage.aspx?pageid=5914

use this guide if you want a plat, i used it after i did my playthrough to get the 5-6 trophies i had left
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: lightning returns final fantasy 13   lightning returns final fantasy 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 6:27 pm

I have the official guide, which is perfectly fine for getting the plat Very Happy but thanks though.

it's just that I don't feel like playing anymore because that time limit stresses me out too much..and no matter what i do, I can't seem to get around it. I have the fucking guide to tell me what to do and when to do it best, but I dunno..it just keeps stressing me out..
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: lightning returns final fantasy 13   lightning returns final fantasy 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 7:57 pm

Stop worrying about the time limit. Like seriously, if the time limit is bugging you then ignore it. Stop worrying about what the game is thinking of you and just play the game. Literally everyone I have talked to was worried about the clock at first and then after they kept playing and figured out how to manage to Chronostasis and were able to do whatever they wanted.

It's an RPG, the first few hours of every RPG are the worst parts of the game, because the game has yet to fully open up to you. It's not gonna be until you progress a little that you figure the game out and understand what it's asking you to do.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: lightning returns final fantasy 13   lightning returns final fantasy 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 8:06 pm

I've progressed quite a bit really, I'm in day 5 iirc

like I said, just can't seem to get around it. it's not the game's fault, it's just me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lightning returns final fantasy 13   lightning returns final fantasy 13 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

lightning returns final fantasy 13
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2