Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One

Go down 
+7
Eevil-Psycho
Baal
Golden Boy
Skip
Neo
Kaio
SimianWonder
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 4:24 pm

Mario Kart and Pokemon is what saved the 3DS (also the price drop).
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 5:41 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Mario Kart and Pokemon is what saved the 3DS (also the price drop).

I get that, but if people were nauseous you'd think they'd still be nauseous and price isn't a difference I found that weird.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 6:02 pm

You can turn off the 3d.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 6:11 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
You can turn off the 3d.
You could do that from the start.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 6:16 pm

Exactly, so it's not a problem.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 7:57 pm

The 3DS got panned at launch, but it's now sold something like forty five million units worldwide. That is massive, especially when you compare that to the Vita's alleged eight million. PS4 has already hit ten million, and XO is, depending on which report you believe, anywhere from five to six million units. Both are very healthy, even if PS4 does have a clear sales advantage.

Ultimately, that's what is driving the aggressive pricing and hardware revisions to XO - it's not that it's doing poorly, far from it, it's just that the cheaper PS4 is doing better than anything ever.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 8:51 pm

Imagine if they had launched it as originally planned. Would have been hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 8:53 pm

The only problem with the 3DS was that it didn't have any worthwhile games for about a year, while the price drop would obviously never be a bad thing it was never a deciding factor in the success of that system.

Actual sales numbers matter less when the public opinion of the Xbone is so poor. At this stage Microsoft would rather shed the whole "weaker, gimmicky and anti-consumer" image they've had going on ever since they made that string of awful choices a year and a half ago than just sell more units, that's why we're seeing these desperate business moves happen. Kinect might as well have never existed now, I've never seen a company backtrack so much.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 9:48 pm

MS are getting more and more embarassing.

1. The tomb raider thing latest comments suggest they pulled a last minute deal with squenix becaues even sony didn't know that tomb raider wasn't coming to ps4.

2. They been insisting that screen resolution is meaningless and that frame rate is most important, but then told blizzard to make Diablo 3 on xbone 1080p and this ended up meaning the frame rate drops, even after the day one patch.

3. They made a claim they had 5 million xbone users prompting everyone to think this meant they had sold 5 million xbones, unfortunately this was reported on gaming sites and now they have had to retract the statement.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 10:51 am

Xbox brand was an embarrassment since day one.

I still don't understand the appeal to any of the systems. They aren't classics or revolutionary. Microsoft is like what the casual fucks play because A. They never played video games ever till Xbox or 360. B. Too young to get any of the older consoles, so Xbox was their first. or C. Don't know how to build a fucking PC.

It's really sad when you are being beaten by PS4 and Wii U, two consoles that aren't anything special. The PS4, despite being the better console, is too safe and has the game library of a mosquito's cock. The Wii U has no 3rd party support and the system itself is a gimmick.

And PC...Well it's the same as 30 years ago. Always around, telling you how much better it is. Hell, this whole console generation so far is a disaster (besides sales, but we aren't fucking businessmen).

Sadly, I blame casual fucks.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 1:06 pm

Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 1:31 pm

It was a tongue-in-cheek reference to the game and not being able to actively advertise it. Why is this now considered "shooting yourself in the foot"?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 1:51 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
It was a tongue-in-cheek reference to the game and not being able to actively advertise it.  Why is this now considered "shooting yourself in the foot"?

Making fun of Activision and then realising you probably poked too much fun and having to pull your own ad.  Suggests you're probably trying to kick a dragon you shouldn't be.

If this creates bad PR between Activision and MS, thats going to fuck over MS royally.  Activision said they put $500 million into advertising the franchise so they should be able to do as they please seeing as Destiny is probably the biggest current reason to jump to next gen (it looks nicer on the new gen consoles and the cross buy upgrade feature to).
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 1:52 pm

yeah, it doesn't come off as particularly smart to me either.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 10:08 pm

Ironic considering every CoD ad for like 7 years has ended with Microsoft branding.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 9:58 pm

Now MS decided to not give voice commands to some of the countries they only just released in, they had like 9 months or more to fix that. This is painful.

Just when I thought they were cool for putting rocky quotes in their latest ad.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 2:51 am

Xbox One is japan.

More out of place than...........you know what, fuck it, I'm going to make a stupid joke which EVERYONE will question my humanity.

So fuck it. Xbox One didn't sell well in Japan and it couldn't because Japan is Sony and Nintendo loyalist.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 1:27 pm

It hasn't got any games and Halo doesn't do a thing over there the players want RPGs and handhelds over there.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 8:49 pm

Even if it did, what JRPGs does it got? Only Final Fantasy.

Yes, I know they have the extremely underrated Lost Odyssey, but that's it.

It's Japan, they don't want foreign fucks coming and taking them out.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 3:58 am

Empirewild wrote:
Even if it did, what JRPGs does it got? Only Final Fantasy.

Yes, I know they have the extremely underrated Lost Odyssey, but that's it.

It's Japan, they don't want foreign fucks coming and taking them out.

If MS spent the cash to get FF or KH as an exclusive rather than Tomb raider, they'd probably have sold a crapload of units.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 9:24 am

By exclusive, you mean 6 months.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 3:12 pm

Empirewild wrote:
By exclusive, you mean 6 months.

Its suggested its been up to a year. Thats enough to shift console units, people go mental when things are delayed by a couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 7:25 pm

True. But look how long it took for DR3 and Rome to come to PC.

Besides, those two games are already confirmed for both consoles. If they make it exclusive now, people would flip out.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 9:16 pm

Empirewild wrote:
True. But look how long it took for DR3 and Rome to come to PC.

Besides, those two games are already confirmed for both consoles. If they make it exclusive now, people would flip out.

No chance they could do that now. Still would've been a smart move to play pre E3.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 1:23 am

Buu, what makes you think that Square Enix would even consider torpedoing their entire Japanese fan base just for a relative pittance from Microsoft?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next