Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One

Go down 
+7
Eevil-Psycho
Baal
Golden Boy
Skip
Neo
Kaio
SimianWonder
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 3:17 pm

I may buy a Wii U at some point. The new Mario game seems pretty decent and I like the Zelda games, even if Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess were mediocre. I'll probably wait until Mario Kart is out.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 5:29 pm

I bought the new Mario game because I needed a Wii U game that wasn't W101 to play and it's super good. I can't believe I've never been a Mario kid because damn is the game fun.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 5:37 pm

I don't think there's ever been a 3D Mario that hasn't been great.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 5:49 pm

No I mean I haven't really played Mario games extensively before, so this impulse buy was a good choice because now I'm probably gonna back to play Galaxy at some point.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 11:42 pm

Skipio wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Simian isn't representative of the british.  I think I drink more tea then Simian and Moose.  They don't even eat crumpets daily, thats my breakfast man. Also when i'm old enough to getaway with a top hat and sword cane i will carry those.
Class doesn't have an age restriction man.
I have to be old enough that they won't search me for a weapon.

Neo wrote:
I don't think there's ever been a 3D Mario that hasn't been great.
Sunshine got a lot of hate.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 4:31 am

I think security officers are more likely to highfive you than confiscate your sword cane.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 8:52 pm

I got a Beta invitation to Titanfall. Should be pretty good. I'll likely update in a separate topic.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 11:42 pm

I will probably never be interested in the Xbox brand after my experience with the 360. It's a tragic story of what I feel like is the most overrated console I ever seen.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 10:24 am

Elaborate?
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 8:20 am

Sure. Here comes the story of me and the 360.

So 6 years ago, I bought an Xbox 360 for Christmas, with it Gears of War 2 and Fallout 3. I love the console. My brother had PS3, but of course during around this time, it had no games. All seem well for like 2 months, until like every other damn owner, got the dread RROD. I did everything to fix it (all the possible solution), but the console then never turned back on. I got sent to get fixed (Luckily, I had a friend who knew about fixing consoles, so I got it for free. He told me that RROD are so common to him.) It worked perfectly........for 2 days. It got the RROD again and once again, didn't turn back on (I don't know if that's normal for RROD, but that's what happen to me). This time, I sent it to get fix for 150 bucks! I had to wait 2 god damn weeks, but then I got it. I got a few more games then, something happen. I just got bored with it. I felt like I was wasting my time. By this point, PS3 and Wii start getting the heavy hitters while Xbox had well, nothing.

I never had a connection with the console. I felt like when I played on the PS3 and Wii, I felt like I had games to play. Hell, I just start getting interested in PC gaming around this time.

Only games I had was Fallout 3 (which I eventually sold it because I was done with it.) Gears of War and Halo 3. I saw the games on Live, but either I owned the game on it's regular console or didn't have zero interested. I felt like I wasted 300 dollars for an average console. I was also not fond of the people I played on Xbox live (though this is just me). So eventually I stopped playing it for a like a month. I came back and guess what happen..........Red ring of death. So I said fuck it and sold the damn thing for 50 bucks.

I never saw the whole hype of the 360. I only saw Halo, Gears, and nothing else. I don't see the appeal of it. It's not a more powerful console, it has less exclusives than the PS3 or Wii, and it just seem like its another scheme for Microsoft to branch out of Windows, when during that time, PC gaming was abandon by them and recovered by Steam.

Why I bought it was because I was sick of being with Nintendo and Sony for so damn long. I need to branch out to new things. But I do thank Microsoft for one thing. Getting me to PC gaming Very Happy and avoiding the Xbox like a plague.

But that's just me. You enjoy the Xbox One, more power to you. But to honest, I still feel like Microsoft is going to end up fucking this console up. I just have this itch that Microsoft might do some stupid shit to make this console worse. But that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 1:33 pm

What do you mean "end up fucking this console up"? They had it well and truly fucked before release, and have since been trying to fix it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 2:40 pm

Skipio wrote:
What do you mean "end up fucking this console up"? They had it well and truly fucked before release, and have since been trying to fix it.

This pretty much. I'm actually pretty sure a large number of the Xbone sales are for people who bought a xbone to list on ebay in hopes of making profit.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 2:25 am

I already know about Xbox one's abomination known as a pre-release after E3.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 3:29 pm

I'm confused who would be buying this titanfall controller I've seen selling for £75. It doesn't seem to do anything special and i've seen normal Xbone controllers going for around £35.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 9:16 pm

Some people are desperate that Titanfall is "the next big thing" and will grab any piece of overpriced tat that proves their loyalty to their new messiah. Don't get me wrong, the Titanfall Beta was great fun, but I have doubts as to the level of significance it will have in the greater scheme of things.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 9:31 pm

Isn't it just the next Call of Duty?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 9:50 pm

No, that's doing it a disservice. It's a first-person-shooter, that's true, but it doesn't feel anything like CoD.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 10:56 pm

Titanfall was made by the same guys who made the originally Modern Warfare series (before Activision tried to buttfucked them in the ass.) It's a one hit wonder then everyone will forget about it when the next Battlefield or COD game comes or by there overlords, EA, will milked the series to death, like with the Metal of Honor remake. Sad part is that Titanfall looks actually decent.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 3:16 am

Call of Duty with more mobility and robots that's limited to 6v6 and adds dumb AI soldiers for you to build up your killstreak titan meter on.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 1:42 pm

They just make gameplay easier by adding in the AI to keep people playing otherwise some people would struggle to get the titans. I think this will end up doing well because of that.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:26 pm

Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 1:39 pm

A recent update means the XO can now play 3D Blu Rays. Always seemed a strange omission, but it's now in and works like a charm. PS4 3D Blu Ray compatibility is imminent as well.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 2:25 pm

I love how eurogamer say first xbox price drop it seems like they feel like they're going to be writing a similar titled story a lot.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 3:07 pm

Over the course of the system's life, then of course it'll drop. What platform doesn't?

The 3DS dropped like fifty quid in a couple of months, it doesn't seem to have harmed that at all. Heck, it got me a load of free retro games.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 4:09 pm

Are you reemmbering the same 3DS launch I am. It got crapped on in this country. It was only after the price drop it even got any positive feedback. There was insane amounts of people just complaiing about spending so much o something that made thm want to vomit.

Honestly I have no clue why it suddenly turned around (nausea complaints don't seem like something that just suddenly fixes with a price drop), but after the £50 price drop things got a lot better for it.

Xbone was overpriced off the bat anyways, especially compared to the US price.

Also its technically has had two price drops this year as the kinectless version has shown up. I wouldn't be suprised by another price drop at christmas. Multiple price drops a year isn't normal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One   So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So, I was that one guy who bought the Xbox One
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next