Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Games that were loved or hyped by all but you thought were blatently ....shit

Go down 
+2
SimianWonder
BlackChaosDragon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

Games that were loved or hyped by all but you thought were blatently ....shit Empty
PostSubject: Games that were loved or hyped by all but you thought were blatently ....shit   Games that were loved or hyped by all but you thought were blatently ....shit Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 6:20 pm

PERSONA 3 & FF13
Man people were saying Persona 3 was good but it turned out to be crap
at least persona 4 was better though

FF13 was so hyped and look how that turned out
still i really couldn't be bothered playing ....this

Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Games that were loved or hyped by all but you thought were blatently ....shit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games that were loved or hyped by all but you thought were blatently ....shit   Games that were loved or hyped by all but you thought were blatently ....shit Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 7:33 pm

Resident Evil 4.

I must have been the only person in the world who simply didn't enjoy it. It was a competent enough game, but there were few scares and the controls (on both Wii and PS2) were a touch on the clunky side. Suffice to say, I didn't bother with RE5 or 6 either.

Kingdom Hearts 2

I kept waiting for it to get good, even at the end of the game I was expecting something to happen that would change my view on the painfully formulaic combat and dull story. Nothing ever happened. The only bits that really got me stoked were the Radiant Gardens sections, featuring numerous Final Fantasy cameos, and a great figth with Sephiroth.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Games that were loved or hyped by all but you thought were blatently ....shit   Games that were loved or hyped by all but you thought were blatently ....shit Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 6:59 am

Completely agree with Persona 3 and KH2

Dark Souls it really felt like I was wasting time playing it and there's not many games I can say that about. It can take ages just to traverse really small areas within the game especially at the beginning. I'm all for games being difficult, but it seems like you were supposed to spend so much time retreading your footsteps that your time could be spent playing ore fun games elsewhere. The production values etc. were great and there was depth to the game, I just didn't like some design choice i.e. walking around outside of combat being freaking slow.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Games that were loved or hyped by all but you thought were blatently ....shit   Games that were loved or hyped by all but you thought were blatently ....shit Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 9:37 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Dark Souls it really felt like I was wasting time playing it and there's not many games I can say that about. It can take ages just to traverse really small areas within the game especially at the beginning. I'm all for games being difficult, but it seems like you were supposed to spend so much time retreading your footsteps that your time could be spent playing ore fun games elsewhere. The production values etc. were great and there was depth to the game, I just didn't like some design choice i.e. walking around outside of combat being freaking slow.
In regards to it being slow to get around that's true to an extent, at least at the very start, but as you explore you find shortcuts and eventually get an item that lets you teleport between bonfires which solves that problem completely. That's not to say you definitely would have liked it if you had pushed past the initial hump but if you ask most people they'll be able to tell you the exact moment where they 'clicked' with the game and fell in love with it - even if they weren't really sure about it beforehand.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Games that were loved or hyped by all but you thought were blatently ....shit   Games that were loved or hyped by all but you thought were blatently ....shit Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 10:27 am

Not surprised to see Dark Souls mentioned! It's a very marmite game, you either "get it" and think it's wonderful, or you don't and it then soon stops being fun and starts being a chore.
Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

PostSubject: Re: Games that were loved or hyped by all but you thought were blatently ....shit   Games that were loved or hyped by all but you thought were blatently ....shit Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 6:47 pm

Oh yeah i didnt like MGS3
it wasnt the story but rather its system
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Games that were loved or hyped by all but you thought were blatently ....shit   Games that were loved or hyped by all but you thought were blatently ....shit Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 12:46 am

FF13's not hyped at all, it's the FF game with the most split fanbase in the series having taken 12's spot. Yes, it was hyped before release, but so many games are.

I'd say that any big FPS game to come out in the past few years with the possible exception of Bulletstorm is pretty bad, but that's because I don't like it.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Games that were loved or hyped by all but you thought were blatently ....shit   Games that were loved or hyped by all but you thought were blatently ....shit Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 10:31 am

Blackchaosdragon wrote:

I've heard that people who didn't like the gameplay liked it more after playing it on one of the harder difficulties. Forces you to be more stealthy, instead of CQCing everyone.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Games that were loved or hyped by all but you thought were blatently ....shit   Games that were loved or hyped by all but you thought were blatently ....shit Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 10:39 am

Bulletstorm proved that even if you aren't a fan of a genre if its executed well anyone can enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

PostSubject: Re: Games that were loved or hyped by all but you thought were blatently ....shit   Games that were loved or hyped by all but you thought were blatently ....shit Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 7:33 pm

Kaede wrote:
Blackchaosdragon wrote:

I've heard that people who didn't like the gameplay liked it more after playing it on one of the harder difficulties. Forces you to be more stealthy, instead of CQCing everyone.

I did play on a harder difficulty i think the old man beat me sensless then Sad ( of course i didnt know about changing the date at the time ...)

Oh yeah why do so many people like LBP?
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Games that were loved or hyped by all but you thought were blatently ....shit   Games that were loved or hyped by all but you thought were blatently ....shit Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 11:43 am

It's cute, and it has Stephen Fry, and it's cute, and the creation tools are really good. Even if the platforming is wobbly at best.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Games that were loved or hyped by all but you thought were blatently ....shit   Games that were loved or hyped by all but you thought were blatently ....shit Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 12:45 pm

In retrospect LBP1 weren't all that, LBP 2 was amazing though. The creatinator made things epic as did vehicles.
Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

PostSubject: Re: Games that were loved or hyped by all but you thought were blatently ....shit   Games that were loved or hyped by all but you thought were blatently ....shit Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 7:26 pm

Oh, i see i'll end it there i think thats all i can think of at least for now...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games that were loved or hyped by all but you thought were blatently ....shit   Games that were loved or hyped by all but you thought were blatently ....shit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Games that were loved or hyped by all but you thought were blatently ....shit
Page 1 of 1