Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Games you liked that were blatently shit

Go down 
+13
brandon
BlackChaosDragon
Talking Sock
Haseoviawesome
Superbuu3
Kaede
Kimarous
Baal
Maskull
Rockstar_Sinistar
A_Nonny_Moose
Kaio
SimianWonder
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Games you liked that were blatently shit Empty
PostSubject: Guilty pleasures?   Games you liked that were blatently shit Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 7:07 pm

You know, games that you shouldn't really like, but you just can't help it. Games that get universally panned, and all your mates just say 'oh, that's rubbish' because they've read it somewhere and it got 30% on metacritic or somesuch.

I only ask because I've recently been replaying Jaws Unleashed on the PS2 (though through my PS3 naturally), and while it got largely negative reviews, I'm having an absolute blast. Yes, the graphics aren't great, there's lots of glitches and clipping, and the gameplay during some of the story missions is silly. (Why does Jaws need a bloody keycard to open a door?! He's a bloody huge shark capable (in game at least) of taking down an oil rig, smashing boats into nothingness, and yet he can't open one door? No, he can't. He has to grab a scientist in his mouth, and hope said scientist has the keycard. Lame.)

The odd rubbish story mission aside though, it's like GTA underwater. You've got a huge amount of ocean to swim around in, and no matter how many people you kill there's always plenty more, and the controls are pretty much spot on. You see, simply swimming around and being Jaws is far more satisfying than it has any right to be. You can do just about anything, and the game even has a dismemberment engine, meaning that a bite will affect it's victim differently depending on where it hits. You can almost make a mini-game of it. How many limbs can you remove before they die?

I still find it funny to drag people underwater, to hear them gasping for breath,and then to release them and watch them furiously struggle for air. You can even smack them with your tail, sending them flying fifty odd feet. Hardly realistic, but bloody good fun.

So, yeah, that's one of my guilty pleasures. I shouldn't like it, but I do. A bit like 80s pop really.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Games you liked that were blatently shit   Games you liked that were blatently shit Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 8:20 pm

Official Olympic games. They get burned in every single review, but me and my friends always have fun with the games for weeks.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Games you liked that were blatently shit   Games you liked that were blatently shit Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 8:57 pm

Wii games that use the balance board.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Games you liked that were blatently shit   Games you liked that were blatently shit Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 12:09 am

Devil May Cry 2. XD

Seriously though, I'd have to go with Manhunt. Best $20 spent on a used game. Cool Not only do I get to vent my frustrations on stupid fags parading around like B-Horror movie dip-shits that you just KNOW are gonna die. I get to do it in the most awesome and gory ways that nearly no other game has done. The Punisher comes a very close second in terms of brutality, Followed also very closely by X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Games you liked that were blatently shit   Games you liked that were blatently shit Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 2:32 am

red ninja for the xbox, love this game.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Games you liked that were blatently shit   Games you liked that were blatently shit Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 2:45 am

Arcana Heart.

The gameplay's not all that great, but I play it for the girls and random shipping.
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Games you liked that were blatently shit   Games you liked that were blatently shit Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 2:48 am

That's Mr. Kaneda to you! wrote:
Arcana Heart.

The gameplay's not all that great, but I play it for the girls and random shipping.
whats it about?
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Games you liked that were blatently shit   Games you liked that were blatently shit Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 2:53 am

Prinny-boy wrote:
Arcana Heart.

whats it about?
I don't really know... but it's a fighting game with an all-female cast.
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Games you liked that were blatently shit   Games you liked that were blatently shit Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 2:55 am

Kimarous wrote:
Prinny-boy wrote:
Arcana Heart.

whats it about?
I don't really know... but it's a fighting game with an all-female cast.
so instant win?

although 'onechanbara samurai girls' (or whatever) was a bit of a miss...
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Games you liked that were blatently shit   Games you liked that were blatently shit Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 2:58 am

The story? It's about some British Chick with Green Hair who wants to make the Main Character her love slave so she can become an Archangel.

That's about it.
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Games you liked that were blatently shit   Games you liked that were blatently shit Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 5:36 pm

The story? It's about some British Chick with Green Hair who wants to make the Main Character her love slave so she can become an Archangel.

That's about it.
like an bizarro-world bible black?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Games you liked that were blatently shit   Games you liked that were blatently shit Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 7:19 pm

Prinny-boy wrote:

That's about it.
Ehh, something like that.
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Games you liked that were blatently shit   Games you liked that were blatently shit Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 7:56 pm

Prinny-boy wrote:

That's about it.
Ehh, something like that.
interesting...
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Games you liked that were blatently shit   Games you liked that were blatently shit Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 8:22 pm

None, really
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Games you liked that were blatently shit   Games you liked that were blatently shit Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 3:11 am

well top of the list for me has to be one on the PSX

i played this through on every difficulty and completed it and still played it again no idea why
the game was shit there was just a lot going on i guess

bleh i can't even find a vid
was basically a guy who waked up with one arm the other is replaced with a fuck off gun and it basically powerd up the more pissed off he got
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Games you liked that were blatently shit   Games you liked that were blatently shit Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 4:39 am

Any game I made in RPG Maker 3. >_>

Seriously though, I think the worst I've ever played was some of the racing games that didn't have car damage in them. I like my cars to have marks and dents in my games. Sad
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Games you liked that were blatently shit   Games you liked that were blatently shit Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 4:49 am

road rash >_>

damn that was awful

but for some readon the novelty of hitting ppl while racing seemed like a great idea
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Games you liked that were blatently shit   Games you liked that were blatently shit Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 4:52 am

I never thought Road Rash was shit. O_o I still like it even today.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Games you liked that were blatently shit   Games you liked that were blatently shit Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 4:55 am

dude its shit

compare it to even super hang on that is extremely old and the racing aspect of that was better then this

literally the combat was the best thing about it
and it was kinda funny having to run back to your bike and it exploding
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Games you liked that were blatently shit   Games you liked that were blatently shit Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 4:56 am

Oh Shi- Misread the title. XD

I kinda liked this game on the 64 called "BIOFreaks". It's basically if Mortal Kombat allowed you to do fatalities from the get go and only had 8 playable characters plus two extra characters. One was just a "clone-whoever-you're-playing-as" kinda guy. And the last one (The Boss which they called "Mutilator" >_>) Was this giant of a robot that shoot homing rockets and lazers and everything cheap and cheesy. And you have to fight that bitch on a stage where there's only TWO platforms, And nothing else but an ocean full of Paranahs (sp?)
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Games you liked that were blatently shit   Games you liked that were blatently shit Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 4:57 am

Raziel wrote:
dude its shit

compare it to even super hang on that is extremely old and the racing aspect of that was better then this

literally the combat was the best thing about it
and it was kinda funny having to run back to your bike and it exploding

oh, You're talking the old Genesis games. Yeah, Those were a gimmick. XD But Road Rash 3-D/64 was alright. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Games you liked that were blatently shit   Games you liked that were blatently shit Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 5:00 am

Rockstar_Bob wrote:

I kinda liked this game on the 64 called "BIOFreaks". It's basically if Mortal Kombat allowed you to do fatalities from the get go and only had 8 playable characters plus two extra characters. One was just a "clone-whoever-you're-playing-as" kinda guy. And the last one (The Boss which they called "Mutilator" >_>) Was this giant of a robot that shoot homing rockets and lazers and everything cheap and cheesy. And you have to fight that bitch on a stage where there's only TWO platforms, And nothing else but an ocean full of Paranahs (sp?)
Piranhas

and yeah i'll check that out lol
it sounds good in a retarded kinda way >_>
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Games you liked that were blatently shit   Games you liked that were blatently shit Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 5:04 am

Raziel wrote:
Rockstar_Bob wrote:

Piranhas

and yeah i'll check that out lol
it sounds good in a retarded kinda way >_>

This is how most of my battles go.

Pick Bullseye, Start off the first 3 matches with fatalities to get quick wins, Spam the fire button from then on.

...Yeah, You get a fire button...And some characters have machine guns.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Games you liked that were blatently shit   Games you liked that were blatently shit Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 5:12 am

The Emperor's New Groove (PSX)

I was a little kid, and I played the shit out of this even though it sucked ass.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Games you liked that were blatently shit   Games you liked that were blatently shit Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 5:17 am

original turtles game >_>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games you liked that were blatently shit   Games you liked that were blatently shit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Games you liked that were blatently shit
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next