Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sony to start selling digital versions of games for less than retail price on day 1

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Sony to start selling digital versions of games for less than retail price on day 1 Empty
PostSubject: Sony to start selling digital versions of games for less than retail price on day 1   Sony to start selling digital versions of games for less than retail price on day 1 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 1:27 am

This could be a really good thing, traditionally digital copies cost just as much as boxed ones because retail stores like Gamestop get their panties in a twist when people 'undercut' them but considering there are little to no costs involved in distributing a game via downloads it's always been a stupid policy. I don't like how you have to be a PS+ subscriber and pre-order to qualify for the lower price but hopefully this will be successful and can extend to other areas like free PSN and Steam.

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/psn-to-offer-retail-games-cheaper-on-day-one/4386/
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Sony to start selling digital versions of games for less than retail price on day 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sony to start selling digital versions of games for less than retail price on day 1   Sony to start selling digital versions of games for less than retail price on day 1 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 1:34 am

They already started doing this with first party titles on the Vita. Well, I'm not sure if they were cheaper, but they were generally the same.

3rd party publishers getting involved is good though. But even though I have Plus I doubt I'll ever take advantage of this.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Sony to start selling digital versions of games for less than retail price on day 1   Sony to start selling digital versions of games for less than retail price on day 1 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 11:17 am

depends how much the price difference is..

I'd still rather have a disc.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Sony to start selling digital versions of games for less than retail price on day 1   Sony to start selling digital versions of games for less than retail price on day 1 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 11:22 am

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
depends how much the price difference is.
You could try reading the link.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Sony to start selling digital versions of games for less than retail price on day 1   Sony to start selling digital versions of games for less than retail price on day 1 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 12:51 pm

I did, but prices in dollars mean nothing to me..

besides, we'll have to see what the price in store is too, cause where I go they don't really always follow along with the regular price.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Sony to start selling digital versions of games for less than retail price on day 1   Sony to start selling digital versions of games for less than retail price on day 1 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 12:54 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
I did, but prices in dollars mean nothing to me..

besides, we'll have to see what the price in store is too, cause where I go they don't really always follow along with the regular price.
Its a 10% discount if you look at those prices.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Sony to start selling digital versions of games for less than retail price on day 1   Sony to start selling digital versions of games for less than retail price on day 1 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 12:59 pm

oh, lol, I see where I messed up, it's only cheaper with the PS Plus discount..

thought it was supposed to be cheaper for all games (contrary to the disc version), guess i missed that somehow and skipped to the prices..

never mind what i said.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Sony to start selling digital versions of games for less than retail price on day 1   Sony to start selling digital versions of games for less than retail price on day 1 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 1:18 pm

This would be great if most games these days didn't eat up so much space. I have a 160 GB PS3 and even that's still not enough space to carry most of the games I want, especially with certain ones needing massive data installation to go faster.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony to start selling digital versions of games for less than retail price on day 1   Sony to start selling digital versions of games for less than retail price on day 1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sony to start selling digital versions of games for less than retail price on day 1
Page 1 of 1