Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Capcom's list of best-selling games

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Capcom's list of best-selling games Empty
PostSubject: Capcom's list of best-selling games   Capcom's list of best-selling games Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 5:52 pm

has been updated.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html

1 2009/3 Resident Evil 5 PS3,Xbox 360,DL 6,700
2 1992/6 Street Fighter II SFC 6,300
3 2012/10 Resident Evil 6 PS3,Xbox 360,DL 6,000
4 1998/1 Resident Evil 2 PS 4,960
5 2010/12 Monster Hunter Freedom 3 PSP,DL 4,800
6 2013/9 Monster Hunter 4 3DS,DL 4,100
7 1993/7 Street Fighter II Turbo SFC 4,100
8 2008/3 Monster Hunter Freedom Unite PSP,DL 3,700
9 1999/9 Resident Evil 3 Nemesis PS 3,500
10 2009/2 Street Fighter IV PS3,Xbox 360,DL 3,300

RE6 reached 6m! Capcom probably still thinks of it as a failure.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: Capcom's list of best-selling games   Capcom's list of best-selling games Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 6:11 pm

RE6 is a failure? Gee I know it sucked, but even 6 million is impressive numbers.

I didn't realize how big Monster Hunters was. I thought it was just a big niche game, but holy crap. 4.8 mil for MHF3. Impressive numbers

One thing I don't understand is how with 6 of the biggest titles in Capcom's inventory that came in the last generation, they manage to still lose money. How is that even possible? Either A. You are overestimating (which is the least surprising) or B. Capcom is spending too much money on blackjacks and hookers.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Capcom's list of best-selling games   Capcom's list of best-selling games Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 6:28 pm

In RE6's case it's the former. They were expecting 7m sales and it had sold 5m until February. Capcom said they were looking to attract CoD fans.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: Capcom's list of best-selling games   Capcom's list of best-selling games Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 6:33 pm

Golden Boy wrote:
In RE6's case it's the former. They were expecting 7m sales and it had sold 5m until February. Capcom said they were looking to attract CoD fans.

Attracting CoD fans.

That statements always make me sad.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: Capcom's list of best-selling games   Capcom's list of best-selling games Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 6:34 pm

Even RE could reach 7, 8, even 10 million units if it tries.

But you don't have to be shitty games to sell. Not everyone can be CoD or Battlefield. They are destined to sale like crack. Generic FPS crap sales.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Capcom's list of best-selling games   Capcom's list of best-selling games Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 7:35 pm

Empirewild wrote:
Even RE could reach 7, 8, even 10 million units if it tries.

But you don't have to be shitty games to sell. Not everyone can be CoD or Battlefield. They are destined to sale like crack. Generic FPS crap sales.

I don't think RE6 is bad at all. Is different and improves things at the same time as making things worse. But the level of vocal hate it got was stupid. People bitched about 5 and they bitched about 6 yet those are the two best selling games in the franchise. RE4 is not even top 10 material. Says a lot about how stupid gamers are.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Capcom's list of best-selling games   Capcom's list of best-selling games Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 7:51 pm

All three versions of RE4 (GC, PS2, Wii) have sold 5.9m in total according to the list. RE6's sales are definitely more impressive though.

I remember people bitching about Sheva's crappy AI, both players being unable to pick up the same ammo pack or weapon, the lack of aim and move feature and more. RE6 fixed all those problems, added zombies, had a better story and mercs mode and people still hated it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Capcom's list of best-selling games   Capcom's list of best-selling games Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 8:09 pm

Golden Boy wrote:
All three versions of RE4 (GC, PS2, Wii) have sold 5.9m in total according to the list. RE6's sales are definitely more impressive though.

I remember people bitching about Sheva's crappy AI, both players being unable to pick up the same ammo pack or weapon, the lack of aim and move feature and more. RE6 fixed all those problems, added zombies, had a better story and mercs mode and people still hated it.

Thats not that great considering the number of people who bought two versions of RE4 (if not all three because of the extras etc and fuck all being on the Wii). Also the releases were spaced out.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Capcom's list of best-selling games   Capcom's list of best-selling games Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Capcom's list of best-selling games
Page 1 of 1