Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic

Go down 
+10
brandon
Rman
Kaede
Rosalyn_86
Baal
testtubebaby
Neo
DarkAkatosh
Superbuu3
A_Nonny_Moose
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic   The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 2:04 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
They probably rushed for the platinum trophy and then traded it in. Slags.

this is exactly what happened, although i was always getting it on the vita it just happens to be free this month
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic   The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 5:50 pm

HOnestly think its the kind of game thats a keeper not many games that have 4 player local coop thats as good as it and without compromising the screen i.e. splitscreen games in general.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic   The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 6:08 pm

Simian wrote:
My plan was thus; buy PS3 copy of DC for twenty quid on ebay.  Upload save.  Sell PS3 copy of DC for twenty-ish quid on ebay.  Play Vita version of DC with now downloaded save.  I lose a quid in the process, but don't have to do 80-odd hours again.

I did this.

Despite having not played the game for six months, my Sorceress steamrollered Infernal with the only difficulties being that it's sometimes difficult to keep track of your character sprite on the Vita's screen when things get busy. As lovely as the Vita's display is (and it really, really is) it's still not a match for the display on a 55" HDTV.

I might even - whisper it - get round to getting the Platinum trophy if I sink enough time into the Vita version.

Last edited by SimianWonder on Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic   The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 8:39 pm

it shouldnt take 80 odd hours to get back to where you were, well if you learnt anything from your first playthrough anyways....  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic   The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 8:56 pm

It was more a case of not wanting to slog through for all my lovely level 99 gear again. Though granted the level cap was raised to 300 after I sold it, I'm not sure how much longer even my end-game equipment will last!
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic   The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 10:35 pm

ye the 99 gear is gonna be as useful as a chocolate teapot in 2-3 levels time, ive re-done my dwarf from scratch & level 20 already, just playing around with the build as i assume i can max everything if i reach level cap
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic   The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 11:16 pm

Funny, I don't think the gear ever levels past 99. I'm level 102 now, and still haven't seen a single piece over 99. Kinda sucks - even the basic enemies on the new Ultimate difficulty can one-shot me.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic   The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 11:42 pm

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633261-dragons-crown/68137692

apparently there are new weapons but everything on that difficulty is level 255 which is probably why you are being one shot atm
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic   The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 9:35 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
I might even - whisper it - get round to getting the Platinum trophy if I sink enough time into the Vita version.

Hey, that didn't take long. Just unlocked the Platinum trophy after around fifteen hours on Vita, taking total play time to just shy of 100 hours. That's only my second ever platinum, and if I gave a toss about trophies I'd be proud of myself.

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic   The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 5:51 pm

ok i'm gonna try and update this, but i dunno if i'll make it ugly

EDIT: I think thats accurate. Also i dunno how long uncharted 3, puppeteer and sly 4 are up on there I just have them up there >_>
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic   The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 9:13 pm

Is there really only 5 PS3 games now? I keep forgetting to check or update this.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic   The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 10:50 pm

Yeah the instant game collection will be downsized to only 6 games per month (2 on each system) excluding crossbuys.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic   The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 2:54 pm

The new games sound lacklustre:

PS4: Road Not Taken (crossbuy) , Fez (crossbuy)
PS3 Crysis 3, Proteus (crossbuy)
vita: Lego harry potter, Metrico (actualy this looks interesting)

debating getting mind zero in the sales.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic   The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 3:56 pm

didnt moose just buy fez?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic   The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 3:58 pm

testtubebaby wrote:
didnt moose just buy fez?
The prophecy has been fulfilled.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic   The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 3:17 pm

Entering PS Plus:
3rd September: Velocity 2X
3rd September: Sportsfriends
3rd September: PlayStation Allstars Battle Royale
3rd September: Hoard
3rd September: TxK
3rd September: Joe Danger PS Vita

Velocity 2x is going to be amazing so thats great, sportsfriends meh, but i can dust off the move. al stars battle royale is a really fun game despite some stupid flaws. Been meaning to buy hoard a bunch of times so thats good for me. TxK was curious about and joe danger was great. All round a better month then people are saying. Last month was crap, only saved by fez.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic   The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 9:40 am

any of these games any good? i have allstars already so i dont need that one, im only asking because my plus just ran out & im undecided weather i should renew now or wait a month
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic   The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 3:05 pm

testtubebaby wrote:
any of these games any good? i have allstars already so i dont need that one, im only asking because my plus just ran out & im undecided weather i should renew now or wait a month

Definitely Velocity 2X. I'm buying all the DLC for it.

Joe Danger runs nice on Vita, I'm too good at it though as i blitzed through teh game, but I complete 1 and 2 on PS3 already.

TxK is a game I wouldn't buy but is actually fun.

Sportfriends is weird I can see myself having a laugh occasionally with it, its a pretty weak title, but that said having a laugh on it occasionally is amusing the barri barri game and polevaluting is pretty amusing i'd probably only play it a couple of games then not play it for ages, but amusing to play with my nephew.

Hoard I played the demo ages ago and I remember finding that fun. It also has online coop, its a simple game that you can probably sink a few hours into.

All round a way better month then most. My only gripe is Sportsfriends, but i'm definitely going to play all these games to completion (Not sportsfriends), so in that sense probably the best PS+ month we've had in ages. If you didn't like Velocity Ultra though then don't bother updating. Its the best game in plus line up in mine and many other peoples opinions this year and i doubt it will be topped (I remember you didn't like VLR so I'm just gonna say our opinions differ at times). But if you don't click with it, just ignore this month.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic   The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 8:07 pm

I've been playing a little bit of Crysis 3, and I'm pleasantly surprised.  Graphically it may not reach quite the highs that it does on a powerful PC, but it remains a fine looking game; character models are excellent, weather and lighting effects look impressive still and the frame rate is fairly solid.  It may be 25-30fps rather than the 60-odd that a PC may expect, but as drops are rare it doesn't matter so much.  

It also supports 3D and full surround sound.  It may not sound like much, but there are only a handful of other games I can think of that do so, and it really does add another dimension to the game, pun not intended.  The HUD in 3D is subtly multi-layered, and actually feels pretty close to being Iron Man, and the surroundings are nothing short of spectacular.  One set-piece around a third of the way in has you attacking a dam, after which you blow it up and zip line to safety.  Or not.  Turning around, the dam blows, jettisoning tonnes of water everywhere before a forty foot tsunami overwhelms you and washes you down the street.  You can see it coming, but there's nothing you can do about it.  It looked - and felt - amazing.  3D may be seen as a gimmick by many, but I defy anyone to say it isn't incredibly immersive when done well, and the full surround sound means picking up every little rock spinning past you, every gasp for breath, means its about as close to drowning as I hope to ever get!

Also, when Prophet, the player-character, cloaks he does so with a very Predator-esque sound effect that makes you feel utterly badass.  It may not be doing much new, but it does what it does very well.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic   The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 6:14 pm

8th October: Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3)
8th / 10th October: DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition (PS4)
8th October: Dust: An Elysian Tail (PS4)
8th October: Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (PS3)
8th October: Pix the Cat (PS Vita/PS4 Cross Buy)
8th October: Rainbow Moon (PS Vita/PS3 Cross Buy)
8th October: Spelunky (PS4/PS3/PS Vita Cross Buy)

this month is appalling!! rainbow moon has dropped more times than a cheap whore, arkham asylum (although a great game) is getting on for 4-5 years old now and also is extremely cheap. driveclub isnt the full game (obviously) so can't be judged as one. Im not gonna go on about the others but if sony want to build their new plus stuff around this shit then they might aswell ditch the games altogether & just keep the ps4 users paying to play online
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic   The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 7:30 pm

I got excited for Dust because it's supposed to be very good but for some reason it's only being ported to the PS4 and not the other consoles.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic   The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 1:18 pm

testtubebaby wrote:
8th October: Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3)
8th / 10th October: DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition (PS4)
8th October: Dust: An Elysian Tail (PS4)
8th October: Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (PS3)
8th October: Pix the Cat (PS Vita/PS4 Cross Buy)
8th October: Rainbow Moon (PS Vita/PS3 Cross Buy)
8th October: Spelunky (PS4/PS3/PS Vita Cross Buy)

this month is appalling!! rainbow moon has dropped more times than a cheap whore, arkham asylum (although a great game) is getting on for 4-5 years old now and also is extremely cheap. driveclub isnt the full game (obviously) so can't be judged as one. Im not gonna go on about the others but if sony want to build their new plus stuff around this shit then they might aswell ditch the games altogether & just keep the ps4 users paying to play online

There's been gems in the last couple of months people just overlook them.  

Velocity 2X last month and Spelunky this month both absolutely amazing games.  Honestly a decent number of games I've curious about but wouldn't necessarily buy are coming up.  I wanted dungeons and dragons but asking price in this country was ridiculous so i'll likely play that a lot.  Rainbow moon is meant to be great, and the fact is even if they've been in sales repeatedly that doesn't really mean anything we didn't buy it, plus this is cross buy (one of the reasons i didn't bother buying it was because in store it wouldn't get you both versions if you bought it that way).   Pix the Cat looks shitty, I will say i'm disappointed by arkham asylum, but its a great game, having it digitally might be something i'll be glad in years to come i.e. any future BC decisions.

Actual ps3 games available I'd like to see on plus are pretty small at this point (looking at my ps profile i've played over 450 games, its hard to think theres many games I haven't played and I got a load of games i've not touched included on that) and i'm still expecting indies on PS4 till christmas (they'll likely tag it as a special occasion and give us knack or killzone assuming killzone servers are looking emptier).  More importantly the triple A games a term which doesn't seem to have any connection to quality has given us games like Crysis 3, which I doubt i'll ever play as Crysis 2 was shit, at least these other poor games don't take longer to download then the amount of time I'd spend playing them.

Actually on another note I think i'd rather digital only games on my plus subscription, buying a digital game and its crap i'm lumbered with it, if I bought crap like crysis 2 I could've traded it in and got some money back.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic   The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 6:05 pm

Crysis 3 was pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic   The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 1:40 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Crysis 3 was pretty good.  

There's other games I'd rather give a chance. Like just playing more Soul Sacrifice, btw new local rumour is up and it gives you more SP, that will be really handy to whack out some extra titles.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic   The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 8:26 pm

Vita Deals of the week;

EDF 2017 Portable - £3.99.
One Piece Unlimited World Red £14.99

That's my kind of deal. EDF for four quid? If I hadn't just played the heck out of EDF 2025, I'd have been all over that, but I don't know if I can resist One Piece.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic   The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The EU Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection Topic
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next