Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Four years later, Metal Gear Solid 4 finally gets trophies

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

Four years later, Metal Gear Solid 4 finally gets trophies Empty
PostSubject: Four years later, Metal Gear Solid 4 finally gets trophies   Four years later, Metal Gear Solid 4 finally gets trophies Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 8:18 pm

No joke:
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/gaming/metal-gear-solid-4-finally-gets-trophies-patch-8025910.html

Also gives the option to fully install the game, removing the install times between acts.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Four years later, Metal Gear Solid 4 finally gets trophies   Four years later, Metal Gear Solid 4 finally gets trophies Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 8:32 pm

Damn, just booted up the game again to install the patch and it says saved data from before the patch can't be used to unlock the trophies - that means I'm going to have to get all the emblems again. Oh well, I've been meaning to replay the series for a while now, I'll try and track down the HD Collection and then do a full run through of the games.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Four years later, Metal Gear Solid 4 finally gets trophies   Four years later, Metal Gear Solid 4 finally gets trophies Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 8:46 pm

You don't need all the emblems to plat it, though.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Four years later, Metal Gear Solid 4 finally gets trophies   Four years later, Metal Gear Solid 4 finally gets trophies Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 8:57 pm

Kaede wrote:
You don't need all the emblems to plat it, though.

Yeah you do. One of trophies is to collect all the music for the iPod in the game and the only way to unlock the song Snake Eater is to get all 40 emblems.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Four years later, Metal Gear Solid 4 finally gets trophies   Four years later, Metal Gear Solid 4 finally gets trophies Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 8:57 pm

how large is the full install?
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Four years later, Metal Gear Solid 4 finally gets trophies   Four years later, Metal Gear Solid 4 finally gets trophies Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 9:07 pm

9.8 gb
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Four years later, Metal Gear Solid 4 finally gets trophies   Four years later, Metal Gear Solid 4 finally gets trophies Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:07 pm

oh wow i was expecting a lot more than that
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Four years later, Metal Gear Solid 4 finally gets trophies   Four years later, Metal Gear Solid 4 finally gets trophies Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:30 am

I forgot how much bullshit the Bike Chase is on a fresh BBE run.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Four years later, Metal Gear Solid 4 finally gets trophies   Four years later, Metal Gear Solid 4 finally gets trophies Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:33 am

The Bike Chase, Crying Wolf and all of the beginning of Chapters 4 & 5 are really frustrating points to handle in BBE. Thankfully I have a save of a perfect BBE run where I just have to beat Ocelot and I get the medal. I might still do a BBE run for the fun of it though, I remember it forcing me to learn how to think well throughout the game and that was actually a lot of fun no matter how frustrating it got.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Four years later, Metal Gear Solid 4 finally gets trophies   Four years later, Metal Gear Solid 4 finally gets trophies Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 5:28 am

You can't use old saved data to unlock trophies. The post-patch save files are different (they're all labeled "Ver. 2") from the original ones and don't mix.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Four years later, Metal Gear Solid 4 finally gets trophies   Four years later, Metal Gear Solid 4 finally gets trophies Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 5:41 am

Well starting a new file in MGS4 won't kill me so I don't particularly mind that.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Four years later, Metal Gear Solid 4 finally gets trophies   Four years later, Metal Gear Solid 4 finally gets trophies Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 7:42 pm

Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Four years later, Metal Gear Solid 4 finally gets trophies   Four years later, Metal Gear Solid 4 finally gets trophies Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 7:20 pm

I've been grinding for the last emblems now and have accidentally beaten the game twice using wrong criteria info. Fuck.

Each run only takes me like three hours, but still: fuck.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Four years later, Metal Gear Solid 4 finally gets trophies   Four years later, Metal Gear Solid 4 finally gets trophies Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 8:43 pm

It's impressive enough that you manage to get the BBE in 3 hours. I probably couldn't beat it on Big Boss Hard, no matter how hard I try.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Four years later, Metal Gear Solid 4 finally gets trophies   Four years later, Metal Gear Solid 4 finally gets trophies Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 1:44 am

Oh thank god I'm finally done. Now that MGO is gone forever (sadly) I have no reason to ever touch this game again.

Still interested in grabbing the HD collection and replaying 2 and 3, as well as trying out Peace Walker.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Four years later, Metal Gear Solid 4 finally gets trophies   Four years later, Metal Gear Solid 4 finally gets trophies Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:31 am

Peace Walker is easily the best entry in the series Sarbud, you should definitely play it.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Four years later, Metal Gear Solid 4 finally gets trophies   Four years later, Metal Gear Solid 4 finally gets trophies Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 4:03 am

i like 3 better
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Four years later, Metal Gear Solid 4 finally gets trophies   Four years later, Metal Gear Solid 4 finally gets trophies Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:26 am

Baal wrote:
Peace Walker is easily the best entry in the series Sarbud, you should definitely play it.

Yeah, I've heard a lot of really good things about it.

Right now, having played every other canon entry in the series (except Portable Ops) I'd say that 3 is the most fulfilling gaming experience while 2 is objectively the 'best' as a milestone in gaming. 3 is the best game, 2 is what should be remembered in generations to come.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Four years later, Metal Gear Solid 4 finally gets trophies   Four years later, Metal Gear Solid 4 finally gets trophies Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 6:31 am

I feel that's agreeable enough. MGS3 finds a perfect blend of everything, while MGS2 is going to be remembered for what it did in terms of hardware and graphical advancements and for the very polarizing story and general fan reaction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Four years later, Metal Gear Solid 4 finally gets trophies   Four years later, Metal Gear Solid 4 finally gets trophies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Four years later, Metal Gear Solid 4 finally gets trophies
Page 1 of 1