Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Move impressions

Go down 
+6
Eevil-Psycho
Superbuu3
Zero
Rockstar_Sinistar
SimianWonder
A_Nonny_Moose
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Move impressions Empty
PostSubject: Move impressions   Move impressions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 3:37 pm

So far my impression is that it works exactly like Sony said it would right back when they first announced it, which is a first for motion controls in my experience.

I've tried the Sports Champions demo, and the table tennis is pretty much like actual table tennis. The paddle moves in perfect unison with your actual hands movements. You can put different spins on the ball by hitting it in different ways and so on. The frisbee golf thing was a bit more fiddly because I couldn't figure out a way to throw it that didn't result in it swerving to the left.

The Tumble demo is awesome as a Move tech demo. Pick up block and build towers and stuff. Shows off the 3D motion tracks very well since you can move the controller in any way you want to point and move the blocks and it tracks perfectly in the game.

The LBP Move game is decent as well, although moving blocks around doesn't feel as smooth as it does in Tumble.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Move impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move impressions   Move impressions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 3:52 pm

I was quite impressed with it as a piece of tech, but I didn't feel it offered enough of an evolution over the Wii to warrant buying, especially when the Move controllers themselves are so bloody expensive. Two player game sir? Yes, that's one hundred quids worth of controller. Four player game? Only if you've a lottery win under your belt.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Move impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move impressions   Move impressions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 4:00 pm

Well, my sisters have their own, and my uncle has one too. And since the only time I expect I'll ever use play multiplayer Move games is family gatherings, it's not much of a problem for them to just bring theirs as well.

I also felt it was a big enough improvement over the Wii to warrant buying. After using it the first time I definitely knew I wanted one. Never felt like buying a Wii (not for myself anyway).
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Move impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move impressions   Move impressions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 4:08 pm

Move is easily more responsive than the Wii remote, but it's not really doing anything different to the wii remote. That's partly why I opted for Kinect, because it's doing something a little different. Again, so far I've been quite impressed.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Move impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move impressions   Move impressions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 4:40 pm

I might have considered Kinect if I thought it could ever be used well with games that I would normally play anyway, rather than having a buy the kind of games that I would never usually buy just to have to something to use Kinect on.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Move impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move impressions   Move impressions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 6:00 pm

I'm tempted to buy Echomchrome II. The demo was fun and it's a cool use of the Move. You use it like a torch, and shift the light source around a bunch of blocks to create shadow platforms to lead to the exit and stuff.

I've already got a lot of games I've yet to finish at the moment though. I think I'll leave it for a bit.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

Move impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move impressions   Move impressions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 8:48 pm

I seriously thought about getting the move for that drawing game that's out now. I forget what it's called. scratch
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Move impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move impressions   Move impressions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 9:04 pm

Beat Sketchers? It's not so much a game as it is a paint program really, from what I played of it.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

Move impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move impressions   Move impressions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 10:01 pm

I'd like to get move but frankly I don't feel like spending the extra money on it.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Move impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move impressions   Move impressions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 10:02 pm

I don't think any of the games are currently worth it, by the time a price drop comes thats when the better games will be out i'll just wait till then.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Move impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move impressions   Move impressions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 10:11 pm

I'm getting Time Crisis when the price drops.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Move impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move impressions   Move impressions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:01 pm

so like is this worth the investment?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Move impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move impressions   Move impressions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:06 pm

Not at the moment. It was an impulse buy for me, and I haven't used it much. Time Crisis still costs more than I'm willing to pay for it as well.

Plus my room wasn't tht great an environment for using it. When all the work on the house is done I'll probabl have it permanently set up and get more out of it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Move impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move impressions   Move impressions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:10 pm

Let me know how that turns out i feel like splurging soon which means either a move or a pro guitar/drumset for rock band 3
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Move impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move impressions   Move impressions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:12 pm

The amount of songs I already have is actually putting me off getting some RB drums. I just don't think I'd ever get around to replaying enough of them to make the purchase worth it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Move impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move impressions   Move impressions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:16 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
The amount of songs I already have is actually putting me off getting some RB drums. I just don't think I'd ever get around to replaying enough of them to make the purchase worth it.
That logic is retarded.

I think i got almost 200 songs on band hero, and i'll have a similar number on rock band 3 i think.

I export rather then buy songs. Although I do love blink 182 a lot.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Move impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move impressions   Move impressions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:19 pm

The drumkit is more than £100. I don't think I'll use it enough to warrant the purchase.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Move impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move impressions   Move impressions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:21 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
The drumkit is more than £100. I don't think I'll use it enough to warrant the purchase.
The more songs you have though the more you'll play with it.

Do you actually want to learn the drums or are you just getting them for fun?

If you genuinely will use it to learn an instrument the 100 is definitely worth it as you'd spend that in no time in getting lessons on drumming and it'd be a helluva lot less fun.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Move impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move impressions   Move impressions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:25 pm

Hell no, it would just be for fun. Wht I mean is I'd fel obliged to replay every song, and it would become a chore. I only regularly play about half of the songs I have as it is.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Move impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move impressions   Move impressions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 10:12 pm

I'd say it's worth the investment depending on what type of games you like...

honestly, Killzone 3 is the best implementation I've seen of it so far. I've played Sports Champions, The Fight, The Shoot, LBP2 (sackboys prehistoric moves) and MAG with it and they all worked great, so I'd say, even for those types of games it's worth it, but Killzone 3 really hit the spot.

I don't know if you're into shooters much, but I can honestly say that; at least in Killzone 3, it owns playing with a controller. it's a lot more intuitive, I actually tried going back to a controller, and I failed hard with it...the amount of control and precision you have when aiming is just, I can't descbribe it without sounding to much of a sony pony again, but it's awesome, the controller doesn't even compare..

it does take you a couple of hours to get used to though, gotta find the right settings and all, but once you've found that sweet spot, you won't go back imo.. if you like FPS's or TPS's and everyone implements it just as good as KZ3, it's definitely at least worth an extensive tryout
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Move impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move impressions   Move impressions Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 1:15 am

What can you do in KZ3 that you can't do with a regular controller?
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Move impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move impressions   Move impressions Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 11:03 am

well, you can do a stab motion to do a melee attack, and a twist motion to reload Razz

other than that, as i said, you get a way more intuitive way of playing it (and more fun might I add) and increased accuracy... (I've gotten headshots from halfway across the map with a freaking LMG with iron sights)
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Move impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move impressions   Move impressions Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 7:06 pm

Finally something to use your move with moose:
http://andriasang.com/comzvu/gal_gun_demo/
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Move impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move impressions   Move impressions Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 11:50 pm

House of the Dead 3 is coming out this week. 30% off for Plus. I'll be using it for that.

And if I still had my JP account I would definitely try that demo.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

Move impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move impressions   Move impressions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 12:07 am

holy shit, i laughed pretty hard at that video. that guy demonstrating the playstation move was really getting into it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Move impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move impressions   Move impressions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Move impressions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next