Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Resident Evil 6

Go down 
+14
A_Nonny_Moose
Skip
Casa
Old School
Rockstar_Sinistar
Dr. Chocolate
Neo
Superbuu3
Zero
brandon
Eevil-Psycho
Baal
Kaede
Golden Boy
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Resident Evil 6 - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 7:22 pm

Playing Chris' campaign again it occurred to me how bad the writing is. Chris and Piers would always miss when shooting Carla despite them being top marksmen.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 2:47 am

well, in piers' defense he does get flashbanged

also despite how crappy we did, we still broke our previous record

i would be more interested in agent hunt mode if you could invade someones game with a friend
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 5:26 am

i regret buying helena's alt color. it looks horrible
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 5:32 am

Man, RE3 Epilogue Chris looks just like Piers:

Resident Evil 6 - Page 11 JwivX
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 9:32 am

I played with 3 more monsters in agent hunt: the balloon guy that explodes, the claw head J'avo and Gnezdo (the flies J'avo). I got all of them on Chris' fifth chapter in the part where Piers has to shut down the fans.
I was killed before I had a chance to use telo and glava, but I won with Gnezdo which isn't that hard to control, but it's very slow. It has a bug beam and a move that turns him into flies and damages everyone who is close.

I wish there was an option to choose the campaign you want to invade. Playing as a zombie it's just not fun.

Quote :
also despite how crappy we did, we still broke our previous record

Do you have any idea how we could it improve it? I think we missed the hidden boss for starters.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 9:39 am

t think we just need to kill faster with melee and more counters. that one run we messed up (thanks to the fact that four zombie with magnums were all bunched together) we had over 7 minutes with less than 20 to kill. and i think i should use something other than power counter.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 10:10 am

I was surprised that I could still counter very consistently considering we live so far away and there was a bit of lag. Countering after the 100 kills is tough though because there are so many different types of enemies around and I get interrupted. I should be countering the Bloodshots though, but I'm kinda scared.

I think Limit Breaker is the best skill if you're going for a high score, but with power counter you can save a few seconds as you don't have to shoot the zombies before countering them fir a kill, so the difference should be minimal.

If you use Jake you could melee the dogs with hand-to-hand and kill the woopers with the magnum because, if I use a bomb, I'll also kill all the zombies surrounding it. Do you want me to use Jake too?
I'm normally going for a melee kill instead of a counter against zombies carrying guns, firefighters, BSAA zombies and puking zombies, or when it gets too crowded.

Also, should I stand close to you, or to the other side of the stage? And should I use grenades close to the end?
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 2:03 pm

Is the skill point reward you get in Mercs dependent on your score or your rank?

What I mean is, disregarding skill point pickups from dead enemies, is there any difference between the payout for an S Rank at 130,000 vs. 1,300,000?
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 3:45 pm

Doubt it. Apparently this is the best way to farm skill points:

20,000 points in 7 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 3:53 pm

So, in Japan, RE6's first week sales surpassed RE5's total sales.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 7:17 pm

puking zombies are easy to counter, but considering how much time it takes, it might be a bad idea. i quickly melee kill everything that has rifles, but the ones that have magnums i just blow them away. i generally just put 3-5 shots in the chest and kick their head off, that takes less than two seconds to do, but i'll try countering more. i'm still botching a lot of counters against unarmed zombies. bloodshots have a fairly predictable counter opening. i think they're the third easiest enemy to counter in mercs.

melee killing dogs is a bitch, though. i was trying to in one run but they were too fast. i was using the quick auto lock melee too.

if you're countering it doesn't matter who you use as long as their loadout doesn't suck like helena's. loadout is even less important in duo unless we both pick a crap loadout.

and at the end really we just need to focus on quicker kills because of how agressive zombies become. aking out magnum zombies should be a priority too. they're pretty much combo breakers
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 7:43 pm

I finally got to play as napad...
On amateur. Against an AI partner. It was a nightmare, I had my charge attack countered by the AI again and again. I didn't even know this attack could be countered.

Still missing one creature from the list. Probably from Jake's campaign.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 1:19 am

First update for the game:

- Ada's campaign unlocked from the start
- Ada's campaign can be played co-op
- No Hope difficulty added

Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 2:31 am

when is this update coming?
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 3:26 pm

They didn't say.

Hmm, I hadn't noticed there are titles for clearing the first chapters with a character's signature weapon only. Leon, Chris, Jake and Sherry's are probably impossible to do without a human partner, but the others' shouldn't be too hard. I'll try them... when I unlock their infinite ammo.

Infinite ammo will be useful for the new difficulty too. I don't even want to imagine how long the Simmons fight will take without an infinite magnum.

~~~

Oh for the love of God, agent hunt players drop first aid sprays when they die! That's fucking stupid.

Regarding Mercs, Limit Breaker gives up to 5,000 points. That's the equivalent of 25 seconds left. Imo, Time Bonus+ (10 seconds+ for every hourglass you break, so 50-70 seconds in total depending on the stage) and Power Counter are clearly better.
It may be useful for certain stages in duo though. I noticed that Power Counter doesn't help much in the mines because most of zombies either carry items, so you don't need PC for insta-kills, or use an attack that's not a guaranteed kill if it's countered even with this skill.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 12:28 am

btw chou, the last time we played, was their less lag for you?
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 3:46 am

Hard to say because lag it's only making a big difference when I'm being grabbed. But the very last match we played was a bit worse.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 4:31 am

what do you mean when you're only being grabbed?
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 5:40 am

Breaking opponents' grab by pressing X is harder, and I'm not even that good at mashing X to begin with, which results in me taking additional damage. This is what usually kills me. Everything else is fine though. No problem with the stick escape or countering. Well, stunning the enemies with headshots/armshots sometimes isn't 100% consistent too, but that's the stupid machine pistol's problem. I hope the 8-bit Piers alt costume has a handgun.
I could host a game next time to see what I'm talking about.

Btw, I found the last creature I was missing from agent hunt. It was the mutated J'avo with the web attack. And I got the best medal too; immobilized an agent with a sticky substance!
Apparently I'm still missing 1 stage (12 in total, I've a pretty good idea which one it is), but I'm done with Agent Hunt. Forever.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 5:50 am

breaking out of grabs is harder in co-op for whatever reason. sometimes it's easy, other times it's near impossible, whether it's stick rotating or button mashing for me. if i compare my button mashing to buu, neo, and nonny, i'm godly compared to them. unless neo and nonny weren't trying, but buu accused me of cheating at the time.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 6:07 am

Oh I forgot to mention that sometimes I'm patiently waiting in front of a zombie for a counter and it just completely ignores me and runs to you.
BD, are you cheating in RE6 too? Sad
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 6:10 am

they do the same to me sometimes
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 6:21 am

Lies. Tell me your secret. How come you're so popular with the undead?

Also, how the fuck did the people on top of the leaderboards got an 1 million points difference from the rest of the top 10?
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 6:27 am

wtf are you serious?
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 7:46 am

Piers wrote:
Btw, I found the last creature I was missing from agent hunt. It was the mutated J'avo with the web attack. And I got the best medal too; immobilized an agent with a sticky substance!
Apparently I'm still missing 1 stage (12 in total, I've a pretty good idea which one it is), but I'm done with Agent Hunt. Forever.

Is there a reason why you're grinding for medals?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6   Resident Evil 6 - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 6
Page 11 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next