Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PS3 solutions thread

Go down 
+8
A_Nonny_Moose
Eevil-Psycho
Baal
SimianWonder
Neo
Zero
Kaio
Superbuu3
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PS3 solutions thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 solutions thread   PS3 solutions thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 7:18 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
My controller suddenly stopped working unless it was plugged in. Wouldn't sync properly, and the little reset button on the back didn't help.

Unplugged the PS3 for a minute, turned it on and synced the controller and it's working fine again.

Yeah that happens every now and again, I find that if you connect the controller up to the PS3 via a USB cable hit the PS button, then turn off the console using the controller, then remove the controller from the USB lead and start it up again things work just fine.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: PS3 solutions thread   PS3 solutions thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 7:23 pm

I didn't have any other controllers to hand.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: PS3 solutions thread   PS3 solutions thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 5:07 am

Is there a solution for Sony being a piece of shit company who can't make software to backup or transfer data to save their lives?
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: PS3 solutions thread   PS3 solutions thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 8:00 am

I can't install Dead Rising 2 Off the record from PSN. It stops at 17%.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: PS3 solutions thread   PS3 solutions thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 9:42 pm

i had multiple problems with that game crashing & causing corrupted files, then my fan over heated and burnt out. Had to return my ps3 after that, maybe a blessing that you cant install it

EDIT: it was the psn version i had btw
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: PS3 solutions thread   PS3 solutions thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 3:35 pm

The new 4.45 update is crashing consoles with replaced HDDs. I think it's been taken down now.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: PS3 solutions thread   PS3 solutions thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 12:20 am

Had a scare there. Turned on my PS3 and got no picture or sound.

Tried holding the power button to reset the display but it didn't work. Tried both my HDMI cables and it didn't work. But then I tried my component cables and it worked. So either both my HDMI cables broke at the same time for no reason, all the HDMI ports on my TV broke at the same time for no reason, or the HDMI port on my PS3 broke for no reason.

I'm hoping it's the first one.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: PS3 solutions thread   PS3 solutions thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 6:37 am

I'll list the problem I had and the solution. This is with a 160gb slim.

If your PS3 freezes, forcing you to unplug it from the back and then says your data is corrupted, you can try to restore your files. However, what happened to mine is that it froze again during this process. And the next time I tried turning on the PS3, I heard a clicking noise inside the PS3 for about 10 seconds before the message pops up on the screen, "Cannot find the appropriate storage" or something to that effect.

The problem was the hard drive. It was broken and/or damaged, and I could not find a fix for it so I had to get a replacement on Amazon. If this happens to you, don't get your PS3 serviced or anything like that. Just know that it's your hard drive and you just need a replacement. I got a 160gb replacement for about $25.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: PS3 solutions thread   PS3 solutions thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 5:48 pm

Hmmm, never noticed this before, but if your download speed seems to have reduced midway while dowloading something, pausing and resuming the download returns it back to normal. Doing this increased my download of metal gear rising revengeance by about 10 times.

If sim does this his download speed might be able to reach 100kb per second...
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: PS3 solutions thread   PS3 solutions thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 7:47 pm

its also much quicker if you dont DL in background
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: PS3 solutions thread   PS3 solutions thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 9:57 pm

testtubebaby wrote:
its also much quicker if you dont DL in background

Don't think i've ever actively downloaded something guess i'll try it out with stuff under a couple of gig though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS3 solutions thread   PS3 solutions thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PS3 solutions thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2