Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moose watches Breaking Bad

Go down 
+2
Superbuu3
A_Nonny_Moose
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 4:45 am

Season 2 episode 11: "Mandala"

Yep. Jane is back on drugs. One of Jesse's friends/dealers gets killed, and Jesse wants to be alone and get high and junk. Jane decides to stay and get high with him, except she uses heroin.

I have to say I was pretty sad to see that happen. It was obviously going to happen at some point, but Jane was pretty cool, and she went back of 18 months of being clean just to be with Jesse. Kind of made me not like him.

Walter and Jesse finally realise they can't distribute for shit and give it up. Saul puts them in touch with another distributor, but a classy one. He agrees to buy all 38 pounds of meth from Jesse and Walter for 1.2 million dollars.

But oh no, at the time of the meeting, Jesse is out of action due to the heroin, so Walter has to go alone. But oh no, Skyler is having the baby at the exact same time! Oh man, this is episode 11, there's 2 episodes left. Walter has to choose between a drug deal and his daughter's birth.

At the time I figured this was going to the major lead in to the finale.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 6:35 am

So, you've watched the last two episodes of Season 2 yes? You said you marathoned them. I'll wait for confirmation before I ask you about them though.

But what did you think of Gus (the drug dealer who manages Los Pollos Hermanos, the chicken restaurant)?

Also, have you seen the super secret 'clever' foreshadowing in the titles yet?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 6:40 am

Not much to think about Gus. Haven't seen enough of him. I have finished season 2, I just haven't written up the last two episodes yet.

Haven't been paying much attention to the titles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 7:01 am

Take the title of the episodes with the black and white flash forwards and then read them in order.

Gus is very important. That's sort of an understatement. In fact, he's so important that you shouldn't google him or anything because you will be spoiled.

Also, you should remember the 'Fixer' (the bald guy who cleans up Jesse's apartment after Jane's death), who you meet in ABQ.

I can't wait to to see your opinion on Jane's death.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 4:41 am

Season 2 episode 12: "Phoenix"

Wow, they totally skipped that whole dilemma. The episode just starts with Walter having the money and also having missed his daughter's birth. That's got to be the only time in a show where a major character was pregnant but there wasn't a birth scene.

Walter's taking an active role in trying to get Jesse clean now, for some reason. Maybe what Gus said got to him. He's had a go at Jesse about it before, but I assumed he was jut pissed off at his incompetence rather than concerned about his health.

And then he does the most wrong thing he's done so far. He stands there are watches Jane choke to death on her own vomit in her sleep, just because he (clearly) thought Jessie, and himself, would be better off without her.

What a fucking cunt. Seriously. He's do some bad stuff before, but he's always been thrown into those situations. This was something he caused, since he rolled her onto her back when he was trying to wake Jesse, and then he decided to just let her die. That is his lowest moment. He's over the edge now. It won't be long before he hits his wife, I'm sure of it.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 4:49 am

Season 2 finale: "ABQ"

Fuck you season 2 finale. Fuck you. I feel cheated.

Aside from the lame pay off it was a good episode though. Jesse pretty much self-destructs over Jane's death, and Walter lets slip about his extra phone while he's dosed just before his operation. I knew it couldn't last too long.

Skyler jut straight up leaves Walter, which is more than I was expecting. Walter still didn't tell her the truth, but it can't be far off now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 10:14 pm

Seven Thirty Seven
Down
Over
ABQ
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 11:23 pm

That doesn't make it any better.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 8:52 am

Season 3 episode 1: "No Mas"

These two mexican guys are way too serious. I can't even enjoy them as villains. They might as well be robots.

Skyler wants a divorce now. I still don't like her much. Her sister was shoplifting just for the hell of it, but they made up. Her boss is fudging his accounts, and she's still working there as his accountant. But Walter cooks some drugs so his family doesn't get buried in crippling debts after he dies from cancer and she hates him for it. What a bitch.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 8:55 am

Season 3 episode 2: "Caballo sin Nombre"

Not a particularly active episode. The mexican robots turned up at Walter's house but Gus called them off. Walter threw a pizza on to his roof. Jesse bought his house back. That's about all I remember.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 5:55 pm

Skyler's only going to get worse.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 5:00 pm

Season 3 episode 3: "I.F.T"

Sarbud wrote:
Skyler's only going to get worse.
You weren't kidding.

So Walter finally comes out and tell Skyler what he did and why he did it. He shows her the big bag of money and tells her it's to provide for them after he's dead. It'll pay for college funds and bills and everything. So what does Skyler do? She goes and fucks her boss out of spite. WHAT A BITCH.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 2:44 am

Season 3 episode 4: "Green Light"

Walter's "talk" with the Ted was great. He was a total jerk to Jesse though. It's always weird when he gets all high and mighty, like he really buys into Heisenburgs reputation. And even then it's a bigger deal in his head than it is reality.

Hanks turning into a jerk too. He's using the Heisenburg case as an excuse not to go back to El Paso, but really I guess he's just scared. So he's being an asshole to anyone who questions him.

Mind you he's tracking down Jesse's RV, so things should get interesting soon.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 3:21 am

Season 3 episode 5: "Mas"

Walter continues being a jerk to Jesse. He's only nice to Jesse when he thinks Jesse is under his control. It's making me not like him now.

Bit of a change for Skyler, which was good(ish). It's like she suddenly remembered that Walter has been dealing with terminal cancel throughout all this, and she only just put 2 and 2 together and realised that maybe that has something to do with his recent behaviour.

Hank has linked the RV directly to Jesse now too. Looking forward to seing how that pans out.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 6:09 pm

Season 3 episode 6: "Sunset"

I don't like Walter's lab assisstant. I think he's just there to learn Walter's formula so that Gus can continue producing it after Walter dies. Or maybe once he learns it Gus is going to let the mexican robots kill Walter. Whatever, I don't like him.

That was a really harsh thing to do to Hank. I mean, so damn harsh. Way over the line. There's got to be some serious fallout from that. He was obsessive enough over the case as it is, and I guess he's going to pin the call on Jesse.

Also holy crap, Gus gave the robots permission to kill Hank instead of Walter. That sucks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 7:05 pm

Next episode's a big one. It's a while away, but I can't wait to see your opinion of episode 10.

And then your opinion of the next three episodes after that.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 8:29 pm

Season 3 episode 7: "One Minute"

Holy balls that was the best episode yet. Jesse's speech about haunting Hank was a bit over the top and too... orchestrated? I dunno, it just didn't seem like somthing Jesse would come up with. But other than that it was great.

His other speech when he rejected Walter's offer was brilliant. He did have a good point aout Walter pretty much ruining his life, but it was even better when it became more about their relationship. I knew Walter shouldn't have been an asshole to Jesse about his meth in that earlier episode. All he wanted was approval and some respect for being good at what he does from someone he looks up to.

I knew as soon as that last scene started that it was going to be the scene where Hank go shot. I think the flowers gave it away. It was a great scene though. Not sure who called him. Walter is the only one with reason to, but I doubt it was him. Unless he got that clean-up guy to do it.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 11:14 pm

Season 3 episode 8: "I See You"

A bi come down after the last episode, almost entirely set in hospital, interspersed with a couple scenes of Jesse pissing about in the lab.

Looks like Gus planned a lot of this. He sent the clean-up guy to kill the robot that survived so he couldn't tell anyone that Gus authorised a hit on a DEA agent. And it seems like he sent some guys down to Mexico to kill their boss too.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 3:42 am

Season 3 episode 9: "Kafkaesque"

I just realised that I have no idea why Gus is in this business. He owns a fast food chain, that should be making enough money for him. There's been no hint of what he does with all this extra drug money he's making.

Anyway, I thought Walt and Jesse would go back to being a cool team like they were before. But Jesse's annoyed that they're getting paid so little for how much meth they're making. I guess he's going skim some off the top since they usually go over their quota by a couple pounds. I doubt that's going to go down well. But then he they are still making the quota, he's only taking the extra stuff.

Still, drug dealers don't seem to take kindly to that kind of thing.

Skyler made up some story about Walter getting all his money from gambling so that they could pay for Hank's medical care without telling the truth. That has to collapse sooner or later.

I feel sorry for Ted. Skyler just used him but he actually wants a proper relationship. Skyler's such a bitch.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 4:52 am

Season 3 episode 10: "Fly"

I liked it. Walter missing his family and finding any littleto concentrate on just to forget about his situation is a nice idea. But it really comes out of nowhere, which is the only problem.

It was the kind of Walter and Jesse stuff I've been hoping for since they partnered up again. It was basically 4 Days v2. I was really worried throughout the whole end though because I thought Walter to was going to tell Jesse he was there when Jane died. When it actually happened I wanted Walter to have to pay for it one day, but now I think it would send Jesse over the edge. He's been through enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 5:03 am

You're really going to want to binge through the next three episodes because they're one of the highlights of the series.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 4:16 am

Season 3 episode 11: "Abiquiu"

These last 3 episodes had their little storyline, which was nice. Skyler is suddenly all on board with Walter's drug making as long as the money is untraceable, so she wants to launder it herself. She's going to fuck it up, I know it.

Meanwhile Jesse started dating this girl from his rehab group. He finds out that her little is the one who shot (or rather was forced to shoot) Combo, and that the kid is being used to sell drugs. He buys some from the kid and it's blue, which means the dealers work for Gus. Which means Jesse is working for the man who had his friend killed. Which he isn't happy about.

A good episode. Mostly build up for what's about to happen. I liked that Jesse got into the relationship with Andrea. If he'd just used her to prove a point it would be harder to like him. Badger and Skinny P actually following the rehab program was cool too.

Skyler is seriously all over the place. She wanted nothing to do with Walter or his money a few episodes, but now she wants to be actively involved in laundering it and she's going to use it to pay Hank's medical bills. So she's dragging even more people into this crime. What a bitch.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 4:33 am

Season 3 episode 12: "Half Measures"

Jesse plans to poison the two dealers, but Walter doesn't want to help. Instead Walter goes to Gus, who sends Mike to collect Jesse before he can do anything. They all have a meeting and they agree not to use the kid anymore if Jesse keeps the peace. Soon after the kid turns up dead.

That was a bit much. I would like to think that Gus never actually ordered the kid's death and that the two dealers just took "No more children" extremely literally. But I'm not sure. Anyway Jesse decides he'll just shoot the dealers. Just as he's about to shoot them (and they're about to shoot him), Walter comes out of nowhere and runs them over. Then he shoot the survivor in the head. Like, totally in cold blood.

Okay, how did Walter know where to go? He was never told where the two guys dealt or where Combo was shot or anything as far as I remember. It's a pretty important detail to have happen off-screen.

Mike's half measure speech was great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 5:01 am

"Run."

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
It's a pretty important detail to have happen off-screen.

hehehehehehe
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 5:02 am

Season 3 finale: "Full Measure"

Aha! I knew it! Fucking Gale. I knew he was there just to learn Walter's formula so Gus could continue selling it after Walter died. Although Gale had no idea that was his purpose, and it's Gus that's going to have Walter killed, but... I was right to never like Gale, 'kay?

Anyway, Jesse's hiding and Walter knows that Gus plans to kill him once Gale can make the meth himself, so they come up with a plan. Kill Gale. Walter says he'll do it, but in the end Jesse has to.

I really hated Walter being all smug and cocky about revealing his plan while Jesse was stood in Gale's apartment crying, about to kill a (basically) innocent man. I can't see how anyone is coming back from this either. Not until either Walter and Jesse are dead or Gus and his operation are dead. Things just keep getting worse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moose watches Breaking Bad
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next