Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moose watches Breaking Bad

Go down 
+2
Superbuu3
A_Nonny_Moose
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 9:08 pm

That scene with Fulminated mercury was fucking mind blowing the first time I saw it, and I can still watch it again and be completely awed.

Tuco's great too. He's so fucking intense all the time.

Watch the season finale quick; you won't be able to stop.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 9:15 pm

Mind blowing sums it up, yeah.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 9:20 pm

Also, I keep wanting to call Walter Hank, and I have no idea why.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 9:45 pm

Call him Walt. Only two people worth mentioning call him Walter and neither have been introduced yet.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 12:45 am

Series 1, episode 7: "A no-rough-stuff-type deal"

Hearing that Walt promised Tuco 2 pounds of meth, Jesse freaks out because it would be impossible to get enough ingredients within a week to make that much. So they come up short on their first week. To make up for it, Walt promises 4 pounds the following week.

To do that, Walt thinks up a larger scale cooking method, which requires them to steal some stuff. Walt and Jesse break into a factory or something, locking the guard in a portable toilet, and steal a big drum of whatever chemical it is they need.

Meanwhile, there's a baby shower for Skyler. Marie's present is a baby tiara. Classy. Skyler tries to return it only to find out it was stolen. So Marie's secret is out. She denies it all though.

Walt and Jesse make their 4 pound target and sell it to Tuco. One of Tuco's men says "Just remember who you work for", which causes Tuco to beat the shit out of him. Tuco's insane like that.

-----

So that's the end of season 1. Walt has set up a steady(ish) meth lab and is selling 4 pounds of the stuff a week, he's killed 2 men, set a car on fire, and he nearly blewup a building. Not bad for a 50 year old guy with terminal lung cancer.

I'm liking the show. It's lighter than I expected it to be from what I had heard, but maybe the later seasons change that.

I realised while watching this episode that Skyler is the only main character who hasn't broken the law. Walt and Jesse are selling drugs, Walt Jr tried to illegally purchas alcohol, Marie is shoplifting, and Hank (the cop) got some Cuban cigars from somewhere.

Well, actually I guess Skyler broke the law too if you count having sex in the car.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 12:58 am

It's not illegal to get Cuban Cigars here. It's illegal for companies and merchants to import them due to that long standing embargo. You can go to Canada or any other country and purchase them and bring them back and customs is totally cool with it. You're technically not breaking the law if you buy it off someone.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 1:27 am

Well they said they were illegal in the episode. That's good enough for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 1:29 am

Tuco beat No Doze to death, in case you didn't realize.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 6:25 am

I didn't realise that, no. But the season 2 premiere made it clear. Can't be bothered with a plot synopsis anymore, I'll just post my thoughts.

Season 2 episode 1: "Seven Thirty Seven"

Damn, Walter nearly raped his wife. A life of crime makes him really horny. Also damn, they're planning to kill Tuco already. He's only been around for two episodes. He is a complete psycho though, so it's understandable.

Also, that sequence at the start of the episode never featured again. They've done those sequences before and usually it's a little clue to the end of the episode, but not that one for some reason. I assume it'll be relevant at some point.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 6:31 am

Season 2 episode 2: "Grilled"

Walter and Jesse sure do get themselves into some sticky situations. It was good to have them together again for their always entertaining arguments.

The show is moving really fast now. If it keeps up this pace and brings in new characters and situations every couple of episodes it'll be great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 7:41 am

So what did you think of Tuco's death, Tuco's Tio (the guy in the wheelchair) and Hank?

Do you like Hank? Because you should. You should also keep everything that happened in Grilled in mind because it's fucking important.

Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 7:48 am

Hank keeps getting better. He was a bit annoying at first because he was overbearing, but he's alright now that we see him working more often.

The old dude was weird. Tuco's death was a surprise, mainly because I'm not used to characters dying that quickly in this kind of show. I guess there's going to be ongoin ramifications for Tuco's death, since his cousin or whoever hasn't turned up yet, and he's supposedly well connected.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 6:41 pm

Tuco was supposed to live on, but the actor who played him couldn't handle playing such an intense character and asked to be killed off.

Also, Jesse was supposed to be the one to be beaten to death at the end of Season One. But fortunately the Writer's Strike and Vince Gilligan realizing how amazing Aaron Paul is meant he got to survive, and the No Doze part was written to replace him.

Also Hector ("Tio" - the old guy in the wheelchair) is awesome. You'd do well to remember him (pfft, like you could forget).
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 11:26 pm

Jesse dying would have sucked big time.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 12:57 am

Season 2 episode 3: "Bit by a Dead Bee"

Walter's plan to account for his disappearence was fun. He seemed surprised they wanted to investigate further though. What was he expecting?

Pretty sure I saw those pink bears in the supermarket. That scene still hasn't happened. I guess it's building up to the season finale.

The old guy shitting himself was gross.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 1:28 am

Season 2 episode 4: "Down"

The show has slowed down a bit now. I don't Skyler is going anywherein particular, I figured she was just not talking much and going out all day to show Walter what it felt like for her. But she knows something's up. For a second there I really thought Walter was going to tell her.

Why did Jesse keep asking Walter for his half of the money? Jesse got his half, he just doesn't have it anymore.

There was another bit of that scene with the bear at the start. Looks like it's some kid of crime scene at Walter's house. Walter's glasses were in an evidence bag. Doesn't look good. Tuco's buddies haven't shown up yet, maybe they have something to do with it.

Last edited by A_Nonny_Moose on Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 2:59 am

Season 2 Episode 4 is called "Down"

Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 3:06 am

Oh yeah, I read the episode list wrong.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 5:45 am

Series 2 episode 5: "Breakage"

Jesse decides than he and Walter will be there own distributors since they killed all the others. Well, they didn't kill Tuco, but they nearly did. I can't imagine that this is going to go well. It's just Jesse and some of his mates. I don't think you can just jump into the deep end like that.

Sure enough one of his mates got robbed. Jesse wanted to accept it and move on but Walter's a secret bad ass now and wants it dealt with. I wonder how long it'll be before Skyler finds out what he's up to? She's already super pissed off at him and knows he's lying.

Something's wrong with Hank too. I don't want anything to be wrong with Hank. Hopefully it's just stress or something and nothing serious.

No idea who those two guys at the start were. Involved with Tuco maybe? They didn't show up again.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 8:03 am

Series 2 episode 6: "Peekaboo"

Christ this episode was depressing. The junkie's house was just sad. They were the scummiest looking people I've ever seen. The kid was a bit too perfect though. He was clearly a nice healthy little boy with some make up on to make him look dirty.

It's just more stuff that's going to catch up to Jesse and Walter too. The cops who arrive at that house are going to know someone else was there.

Walter's web of lies is closing in on him anyway. I reckon he's going to have to come clean soon, to his wife at least. Whenever he has to have more treatment he's going to have to explain what's paying for it somehow. The dinner scene with Gretchen was great.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 2:05 pm

Season 2 episode 7: "Negro y Azul"

This was quite an uneventful episode, for Walter and Jesse anyway. Word has got out that Jesse is the one who killed the junkie guy, even though he didn't. So they plan to use that to put the pressure on and expand their business.

I really liked the blowfish bit. It was funny how Jesse got pumped up about being a blowfish even though Walter explained that it was all fake. I also liked Walter saying "Who sang that?" as if he knows street lingo.

Meanwhile Hank is having a hard time. Still don't know what's wrong with him. Nearly getting blown up can't help much either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 7:26 pm

No mention of the amazing Narcocorrido intro sequence?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 11:38 pm

That was just odd.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 4:20 am

Okay these are going to be quick because I marathoned the latter half of season 2.

Season 2 episode 8: "Better Call Saul"

This episode marked the point where the season slows down a bit. Walter and Jesse keep digging themselves in deeper, but for now it's not played all that seriously. "Criminal" lawyer Saul almost single handedly sees to that. He's a bit much, but I like him.

I like how quickly their operation starts to fall apart. They were obviously getting in over their heads from the beginning. I also liked "Why don't you just kill Badger?", because that was my first thought.

I'm getting tired of hearing the phrase "What the hell are you doing here?", or some variation. You'd think he'd know by now that he's hardly untraceable.

Also, it looks like Jesse found himself a girlfriend. She's pretty hot. He's bound to fuck it up though. Either he'll get dumped or he'll get involved with the drugs and she'll get kidnappd or killed or something.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 4:36 am

Season 2 episode 9: "4 Days Out"

This was almost a comedy. Just Walter and Jesse together for almost the whole episode. Pretty great. I love Jesse getting excited and just rambling about building dune buggies and robots.

Season 2 episode 10: "Over"

Another scene of what I presume is the finale at the beginning. Evidence is being collected, and now we see two body bags in the drive way and all the windows on Walter's car are broken. Looks like some kind of explosion maybe. Now, I know for a fact it's not Walter and Jesse in those bags. At a guess I'd say it's either two unknowns from Tuco's as yet unseen buddies who will show up at some point. Either that or one of them is Jane (Jesse's girlfriend). I just know things won't end well for her.

Woah, Walter is a jerk in this episode. He gets some great news about the cancer but he takes it badly, somehow. I guess maybe he hasn't done anything badass for a while and it's boiling over. I assume he was just a normal guy before the cancer, but now he needs to vent every few episodes it seems.

It's like he wants to play the part of a big drug dealer, instead of just being one. He really wants some kkind of recognition for what he's doing. Which I guess is understandable, but he comes off as an asshole.

Meanwhile Jesse and Jane have a little fight, but they get back together. Turns out she's a reformed drug addict. 18 months clean. Jesse is definitely going to fuck her life up somehow.

Last edited by A_Nonny_Moose on Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moose watches Breaking Bad   Moose watches Breaking Bad - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moose watches Breaking Bad
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next