Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita

Go down 
+6
SimianWonder
Kaio
Talking Sock
Ellis
Superbuu3
Eevil-Psycho
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 8:55 pm

blitzball will forever be the best mini game ever in any rpg. I played it long after fufilling all requirements for wakka's ultimate weapon.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 9:14 pm

All Blitzball was was menus and then levelling up until you essentially broke the game, hell you really didn't have to try to win. Just score once and then stick inside your goal with the ball and you win (I learned this when I was playing the game religiously at 12). Then you just kept grinding Blitzball shit until you finally got Wakka's overdrives and World Champion requirements because Wakka essentially becomes the best character in the game. Blitzball is not a compelling game, hell half of the Celestial Weapon requirements are absolutely ridiculous to try and get.

It took me hours on end to get Tidus' Sun Sigil, I never got Lulu's Venus Sigil because fuck dodging lightning 200 times in a row (Never knew if there was an exploit for it), Auron's was easy if a bit tedious, getting the Saturn Sigil requires precise mastering of the butterfly and Rikku's is another easy if tedious one as well.

Some sidequests were fun and interesting like obtaining the extra Aeons, fighting the extra bosses of the international version (Which sort of justifies unlocking the full power of the celestial weapons as those bosses HP can go into the millions and they require a lot of strategy and good equipment to fight) and Jecht Spheres. But mini-game stuff like Blitzball was just awful. FFX-2 handled mini-games and side-quests significantly better (except Blitzball which is still bad) and is undoubtedly better than the original game even if the story doesn't take itself seriously... which is part of the charm of X-2 if anything.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 9:34 pm

Why would you use an exploit like that? That sounds boring as shit. I really enjoyed competing in the league and all that. But I love everything sports and competition related. Plus acquiring free agents and building an awesome team was great. It was actually pretty deep in that regard.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 9:48 pm

It was nice that they let you get Free Agents, I'll admit that.

Quote :
Why would you use an exploit like that? That sounds boring as shit.

Because you want to fucking assure victory. No one wants to see Wakka's Saturn Sigil available for victory only to lose to some good team because of the numbers not really meaning anything because Blitzball liked to add random bonuses and decreases to offense and defense.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 12:28 am

if you knew how to build a good team in Blitzball, you wouldn't need to use an exploit. (not saying that you didn't know how to do that)

but if you had a good team, you'd win just as easily as using an exploit. I remember I had a beast team and I always won with crazy high scores. and I didn't even need to level that far into it. I think my Tidus was at most a level 40.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 12:34 am

my blitzball team was awesome
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 3:23 am

Anyways, using Blitzball as a way to get Wakka's overdrives and full powered World Champion was another tedious thing and took even longer than monster hunting because Blitzball takes 10 minutes per match, hell it may be even longer in real world time and not only does the Saturn sigil pop up at random, but so do Wakka's overdrives. It's not really worth investing all of that time into it for the US version when Blitzball is a very dull mini-game that's veyr easy to beat whether you use an exploit or not. It's far more worth it in the PAL and International version since Wakka is powerful as fuck and the extra bosses are tough enough to warrant it, but it's still tedious which is the problem.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 6:49 am

I guess if you didn't like it it would be tedious. I didn't find any of them tedious to be honest. Even Lulu's wasn't bad because dodging lightning was insanely easy. You had so much time to press x and they came in such frequency that it took only maybe 10 minutes. It sounds more intimidating than it really is.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 10:08 am

how anyone can find pushing x to back step for ten minutes enjoyable is beyond me
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 11:21 am

The Return of Stevie wrote:
blitzball will forever be the best mini game ever in any rpg. I played it long after fufilling all requirements for wakka's ultimate weapon.
Triple triad is by far the best minigame in FF.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 3:55 pm

Ass Addict wrote:
how anyone can find pushing x to back step for ten minutes enjoyable is beyond me

No one said that. Just because something isn't tedious or boring doesn't mean it's completely enjoyable. It's a challenge for a final weapon. If you had to do it for like a half an hour I would consider it bullshit but I can take twn minutes out of my life (I mean fuck I'm already wasting my time on a video game as is) to do it.

And Tetra Master > Triple Triad. By a long shot. But you said you never played IX so you couldn't have known. You really should play IX Buu. Second best FF game imo.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 7:31 pm

from your first two sentences you made it seem like you enjoyed doing that
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 7:32 pm

The Return of Stevie wrote:
Ass Addict wrote:

No one said that. Just because something isn't tedious or boring doesn't mean it's completely enjoyable. It's a challenge for a final weapon. If you had to do it for like a half an hour I would consider it bullshit but I can take twn minutes out of my life (I mean fuck I'm already wasting my time on a video game as is) to do it.

And Tetra Master > Triple Triad. By a long shot. But you said you never played IX so you couldn't have known. You really should play IX Buu. Second best FF game imo.
I've played nine i just didn't finish it. Hmmm, i'll check that thread i did on it maybe it will remind me what that game is.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3