Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita

Go down 
+6
SimianWonder
Kaio
Talking Sock
Ellis
Superbuu3
Eevil-Psycho
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita Empty
PostSubject: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 1:35 pm

http://www.psu.com/TGS-2011--Square-Enix-announces-Final-Fantasy-X-10th-Anniversary-Edition-for-PS3,-Vita--a012899-p0.php

Square-Enix has announced its new 10th Anniversary remake as Final Fantasy X, which will be released on the PlayStation Vita and PlayStation 3.

apparently it's a remake and not just an HD update.. which is pretty cool cause I loved the game. still one of my favorite Final Fantasy games, there was so much to do in it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 1:39 pm

I'm baffled, an HD port would've looked good on this game anyway, people would've definitely to.

They really should just remake 7/8/9. X was pretty good to, but i'd rather have a remake of an older game. I still got this for PS2 as well as its awful sequel.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 1:39 pm

Alright Nintendo we don't need bullshit remakes that suck. If you aren't going to remake FFVII don't waste anyone's time.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 1:40 pm

Ellis wrote:
Alright Nintendo we don't need bullshit remakes that suck. If you aren't going to remake FFVII don't waste anyone's time.
Nintendo?
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 1:42 pm

Nintendo doesn't make new games anymore just rereleases bullshit like ocornia of time 3D!!! Starfox 64...3D. Etc, etc. That's what I was going for.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 1:44 pm

Oh right i thought you loved FF, and would be happy about this.

You'll also get to play the international version with all the dark aeons etc that weren't in the original american release.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 1:46 pm

I wonder if the story will be as awful as it was in the original. Maybe if they tried really, really hard, they can make it twice as stupid!
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 1:47 pm

SOK wrote:
I wonder if the story will be as awful as it was in the original. Maybe if they tried really, really hard, they can make it twice as stupid!
FFX was inspired by the sixth sense.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 1:53 pm

Indeed, but with extreme stupidity and ludicrous writing. But how can they increase that tenfold, I wonder. This is SE we're talking about, surely they can make it worse, they just gotta believe in themselves!
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 2:02 pm

SOK wrote:
But how can they increase that tenfold, I wonder.

By making Shyamalan the writer.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 2:04 pm

That would be a step down from SE's level of bad writing, though. It needs to be even more ridiculous, and everyone needs to have more zippers and belts.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 2:23 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:

You'll also get to play the international version with all the dark aeons etc that weren't in the original american release.

You're right i never thought of that. That would be cool. And FFX's story wasn''t bad. Ya'll just hatin. and It cna't really be based on 6th sense. The movie was released a year before the game. I'd llike to think the story was well underway by then.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 2:27 pm

Ellis wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:

You're right i never thought of that. That would be cool. And FFX's story wasn''t bad. Ya'll just hatin. and It cna't really be based on 6th sense. The movie was released a year before the game. I'd llike to think the story was well underway by then.
Honestly that ending could've been tacked on, the game would've been better without it.

Gameplay wise this game was good but storywise this is trash compared to 6-9. I especially liked the tag system.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 2:32 pm

I don't really think there is much to complain about story-wise. It's no worse than other RPGs. Hell I like it better than most. I can get some complaints about certain characters or perhaps certain scenes. (that laughing one after Luca makes me cringe) but other than that it really is very good.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 2:34 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
storywise this is trash compared to 6, 7, and 9.

Fixed. VIII should be excluded. That story was as bad, if not worse, as FFX's.

Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 3:34 pm

there were already Dark Aeons in the PAL version of the game, so nothing new for me I guess...

(although I never got to beating all of them and fight Penance, I should get to it)
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 3:36 pm

Ellis wrote:
I don't really think there is much to complain about story-wise. It's no worse than other RPGs. Hell I like it better than most. I can get some complaints about certain characters or perhaps certain scenes. (that laughing one after Luca makes me cringe) but other than that it really is very good.
Not bad compared to otehr RPGs, but i was extremely into 7 and 9s story.

SOK wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
storywise this is trash compared to 6, 7, and 9.

Fixed. VIII should be excluded. That story was as bad, if not worse, as FFX's.

I found 8s overly complicated and overuse of puns bugged me, but it did hold my interest while playing. X i was just pissing about in and i really couldn't give a crap about the story, i weren't keen on the characters bar lulu and wakka, Auron was cool, but he was very cliche.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 4:03 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
I found 8s overly complicated and overuse of puns bugged me, but it did hold my interest while playing. X i was just pissing about in and i really couldn't give a crap about the story, i weren't keen on the characters bar lulu and wakka, Auron was cool, but he was very cliche.

I really didn't like any of the FFX characters, they were either annoying or stupid. But if I had to weigh and compare them to FFVIII's cast, they're probably more tolerable. FFVIII's group's just awful.

You know it's sad when KH makes Squall seem less obnoxious in that series than in his own game, especially since it's KH's job to actually butcher FF characters(e.g. Cloud, whose cliche, anti-social personality was first introduced in KH1 before that became a staple in all the God awful FFVII-related media released later on).
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 4:12 pm

FFVIII is the best story in a FF game. How you can say that KH shit makes Squall a better character is beyond me. I know eeryone is entitled to their own opinion but I'm having a hard time understanding it.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 4:25 pm

Ellis wrote:
FFVIII is the best story in a FF game. How you can say that KH shit makes Squall a better character is beyond me. I know eeryone is entitled to their own opinion but I'm having a hard time understanding it.

Easy. FFVIII's Squall was an obnoxious, anti-social prick who developed(poorly) into a love-struck douche. KH's Squall is a do-gooder who didn't really do or say anything much to make you despise him, hence, the former is the more annoying version.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 4:34 pm

VIII's gameplay mechanics were great. The story was not.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 4:52 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
VIII's gameplay mechanics were great. The story was not.
Well its the only game that felt compltely different to all the others. I also liked how they chucked in a brutal boss like diablo right at the start of the game.

Also liked how everyone levelled with you.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 5:03 pm

The gameplay was pretty awesome. MY only gripe was it made the game way too easy. Once your understood the junction system you could have boss characters by the end of the first disk. Not like FF have ever really been challenges anyway. Also a lack of challenging optional bosses. Omega Weapon was a pushover.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 5:07 pm

If only the story wasn't terrible. =/
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 5:15 pm

You guys are all hipsters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next