Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita

Go down 
+6
SimianWonder
Kaio
Talking Sock
Ellis
Superbuu3
Eevil-Psycho
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Zero
The Hero
Zero

Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 5:46 pm

You all should be ashamed (Except Ellis) for saying X's story sucked.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 6:05 pm

Ellis wrote:
You guys are all hipsters.
I said i liked 8

Zero wrote:
If you didn't like Auron and kimahri so much you probably wouldn't be a fan of the story either.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 6:10 pm

Auron was actually my least favorite character. I don't know he was just so old and I was like 13. I always liked Tidus the best. Him and I look very similar, when I had that kinda hair, just not as Meg Ryany. Plus I was always on the swim team in school so I thought I would have been a tit blitzballer (best rpg minigame imo).
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 6:14 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Zero wrote:
If you didn't like Auron and kimahri so much you probably wouldn't be a fan of the story either.

Auron was the greatest. But honestly all the characters in the main party added something unique to the story. Tidus was only whiny in the beginning of the game and only ever so slightly. Far less than halfway through the game, he manned up and got 10 times better. Pretty much every Tidus/Auron conversation was great. Putting yourself in Tidus' position, how would most people act? Most people would be far worse than Tidus was.

The soundtrack was also perfect for the game. But whatever. Everyone has different tastes.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 6:16 pm

Sure everyone has different taste but if they don't share mine they are wrong.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one....except for some reason people are always trying to get mine.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 6:17 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
SimianWonder wrote:
VIII's gameplay mechanics were great. The story was not.
Well its the only game that felt compltely different to all the others. I also liked how they chucked in a brutal boss like diablo right at the start of the game.

Also liked how everyone levelled with you.

you weren't forced to fight him in the beginning though + he's completely optional
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 6:26 pm

Zero wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Zero wrote:

Auron was the greatest. But honestly all the characters in the main party added something unique to the story. Tidus was only whiny in the beginning of the game and only ever so slightly. Far less than halfway through the game, he manned up and got 10 times better. Pretty much every Tidus/Auron conversation was great. Putting yourself in Tidus' position, how would most people act? Most people would be far worse than Tidus was.

The soundtrack was also perfect for the game. But whatever. Everyone has different tastes.
Hence why i blame the story not the characters.

Tidus was just a guy looking for his dad, so came across as a kid. There also just felt like there was a bunch of times where communication would've helped things along yet no one spoke to each other despite spending 100 odd hours together awake (thats not even considering how long game events probably would've taken in real time.

Even if you loved the story i can't imagine you thinking it was better tehn say 7. That bit with Aeris is basically one of the greatest moments in gaming, up there with MGS1 when the master guy goes lol guess who i am.

Although that said best gaming momnet for me was the ending of soul reaver 2 which was a piss poor game but is a classic for having one of the best story twists i can think of in anything.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 7:50 pm

How you can even say SR2 was piss poor is beyond me. And ever time you say it I die a little inside. Maybe if you said BO2 was that'd be different because it is DMC2 of the series.

And no I love X's story but it is not better than 6, 7, 8, or 9.

And Aeris death is by far the best moment there ever will be in gameing. I pity everyone who played that game knowing that was coming. She was in my group too and I didn't know that I'd be fucked like that. I was like 9 at the time and I had the biggest crush on her.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 8:17 pm

Tactics has the best story. olol

Seriously though, I've only played X until some point probably only almost half-way through. (A friend had it and I was playing it while visiting before I had to go back home.) But from what I've played, I thought it was neat. Though, At the time, The only other FF's I'd played was 7, Tactics, & Origins (1 & 2). And I have to say, I hung onto 7's story more than I did X's. And, I admit, I immediately went for Cloud the very moment I was able to in Tactics, I was quite the fanboy back then. -_- Though, For some odd reason, I actually preferred 1's story over all at the time.

Has my opinion changed since then? Certainly. Thanks to the wonderful invention of Emulators, I had played more of the others so that I could see what I'd missed. 3 is okay, 4 was alright, Haven't got around to playing 5 yet but 6 is fucking boss, & 8 was good too (I own it on my PS3). Though, I'll never be able to disassociate that fucking "theory" from the game. -_- It just naturally comes to mind everytime the witch bitch "ices" me. lol

I still need to get 9 on PSN, Though I'm sure I'll most likely like that one alot.

So yeah, X's story is still about mid-card for me. With 6 being at the top, Though I still hold 1 on high...I know, It's overly simple and cliche', But fuck it. I like it alot. Same with Tactics (Which isn't the best and isn't even part of the main series, But I still like it.)
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 8:36 pm

1 doesn't have any story at all really. It's go to four temples and save the world. 6 was good. I never saw what was so special about the story. It's a great story I love the way it's told. I wish the game was more centered around Locke than Terra though. I still feel it is the pinnicle of 16-bit rpgs though. Love the gameplay and especially the music. 2 actually had a pretty great story, especially when you consider that it was released in 1988.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 8:46 pm

Ellis wrote:
1 doesn't have any story at all really. It's go to four temples and save the world. 6 was good. I never saw what was so special about the story. It's a great story I love the way it's told. I wish the game was more centered around Locke than Terra though. I still feel it is the pinnicle of 16-bit rpgs though. Love the gameplay and especially the music. 2 actually had a pretty great story, especially when you consider that it was released in 1988.

Actually, I hold 2 (Despite the great story) on low regard, Because it's basically Star Wars in a Final Fantasy setting. Though, Firion is my favorite character in Dissidia.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 9:38 pm

Ellis wrote:
How you can even say SR2 was piss poor is beyond me. And ever time you say it I die a little inside. Maybe if you said BO2 was that'd be different because it is DMC2 of the series.

And no I love X's story but it is not better than 6, 7, 8, or 9.

And Aeris death is by far the best moment there ever will be in gameing. I pity everyone who played that game knowing that was coming. She was in my group too and I didn't know that I'd be fucked like that. I was like 9 at the time and I had the biggest crush on her.

SR2 makes no sense in terms of raziels strength level. He literally has walked through a portal. Suddenly he loses the fire element on the soul reaver, he loses a bunch of magic spells and he can no longer constrict. There's not even an explanation for this.

On the other side of things, vampires are removed from the game, one of the best features in SR1s combat was trying to find a way to kill your opponents. Then we have the soul reaver, which previously was a testament to skill as you used only as long as you could fight without being hit. Suddenly it becomes the only weapon in the game worth using and you can summon it all the time.

BO2 did have some crap going on in it, but it also had badass weapons you could change between, with different stealth kill animations and a variety of powers you could use at different times.

SR2 and BO2 also both sucked for being linear. SR1 you could run around find hidden sections and being rewarded for puzzles. SR2 was a good game but by following SR1 it had a lot to live for i bought a PS2 for that game and i was disappoint. The character i loved had been severely nerfed, not even being restored to full power by the time defiance was out, but that game was badass so its all good. Oh yeah and i don't even think there was even a boss fight in SR2. BO2/SR1/Defiance all had decent boss fights.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 9:39 pm

FFIX and V still aren't being remade but X is?

What a load of shit.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 9:44 pm

Afro Sergeant Baal wrote:

What a load of shit.
5?

I've never heard anyone bring that one up before is it good. I might've played it briefly if its the dragoon one, and has a little girl singer or something.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 9:45 pm

VI needs to be remade. It was the best one.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 9:47 pm

Kaio wrote:
VI needs to be remade. It was the best one.
If they did a full 3d remake I'd buy it in a shot.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 10:04 pm

FF5 is basically the FF game with the best job system in the series. It took the jobs that the first game and third game had and made them absolutely amazing, it's also got what's possibly the most mystical story in the series only to be compared with IX.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 10:18 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:

What a load of shit.
5?

I've never heard anyone bring that one up before is it good. I might've played it briefly if its the dragoon one, and has a little girl singer or something.

5 was really good. My 4th favorite after X, VII and VI.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 10:38 pm

FF5 is basically the FF game with the best job system in the series. It took the jobs that the first game and third game had and made them absolutely amazing, it's also got what's possibly the most mystical story in the series only to be compared with IX.

Holy Shit, That sounds amazing. Is the job system better than Tactics or almost as good?
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 10:41 pm

It's basically a better version of 3's if you've played that one.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 10:44 pm

Well, Looks like I know what I'm playing tonight.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 6:17 pm

Apparently there's some rumor going around that FFX is receiving a full remake, gameplay, voice acting, visuals (Obviously) and some other new stuff too. Now if only they could fully remake the game so the plot and characters aren't stupid then I could justify buying it.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 4:01 pm

You try way too hard to hate things Baal.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 8:02 pm

No I don't, FFX is in all honesty a pretty mediocre game. Good music, good gameplay, voice acting that ranges from good to hilariously bad, stupid script, awful (For the most part) character, dumb plot and really, the last boss is something unanimously agreed on by fans as awful.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 8:29 pm

I found FFX quite enjoyable. It's nowhere near the top of the tree in terms of FF titles, but it was by no means a bad game and Blitzball was a genuinely compulsive mini-game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita   Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy X being remade for PS3/PS Vita
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next