Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dragon Quest 10 and more release.

Go down 
+3
Superbuu3
Zero
Haseoviawesome
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Dragon Quest 10 and more release. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest 10 and more release.   Dragon Quest 10 and more release. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 4:48 pm

Mad 802 Love wrote:
They were in a binding contract with Sony for the games rights and Microsoft went and payed millions to get them out of it. Also the 360 game did have 4 disks haha.
They didn't need to accept the deal.

I also don't see how they didn't iron out all these gameplay complaints during game testing or whatever. I mean people were copmlaining about it lots.

How did the 360 exactly hold back this game then as going by most games they seem to be able to produce decent enough stuff. I mean people said bayonetta was one of the best looking games this gen and that was on 360 (the ps3 version looked crap comparatively)
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest 10 and more release.   Dragon Quest 10 and more release. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 4:50 pm

Mad 802 Love wrote:
Kaio wrote:
FFXX will be about living in a coffin for 60 hours with two minutes of playtime where you get to breath and/or turn on a flashlight.

And yet Squaresoft will still make it sell.

Fixed.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest 10 and more release.   Dragon Quest 10 and more release. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 5:18 pm

The game was nearly completed when the mulitplat deal went through. They had to go and rehaul everything to make the versions "equal". It was the higher ups that made the decision, not the game developers.

There is an interview out there I read where Motomu Toriyama said that the 360 held them back and due to the limitations of the system, the game was not as good as they would have liked it to be. This was in addressing the linearity issue.

And the reason Bayonetta looked better on the 360 is because that's the system it was developed on.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest 10 and more release.   Dragon Quest 10 and more release. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 5:23 pm

Mad 802 Love wrote:
The game was nearly completed when the mulitplat deal went through. They had to go and rehaul everything to make the versions "equal". It was the higher ups that made the decision, not the game developers.

There is an interview out there I read where Motomu Toriyama said that the 360 held them back and due to the limitations of the system, the game was not as good as they would have liked it to be. This was in addressing the linearity issue.

And the reason Bayonetta looked better on the 360 is because that's the system it was developed on.

I honestly struggle to see how gameplaywise a game could be effected that badly.

I'm not doubting that the game could've been better, but it seems like there's just inherent flaws with the gameplay and structure of the game in itself.

i.e. I could believe that if uncharted 3 were to come out on 360, it would be detrimental to the game, but it would still be awesome regardless.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest 10 and more release.   Dragon Quest 10 and more release. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 5:44 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Mad 802 Love wrote:

I honestly struggle to see how gameplaywise a game could be effected that badly.

I'm not doubting that the game could've been better, but it seems like there's just inherent flaws with the gameplay and structure of the game in itself.

i.e. I could believe that if uncharted 3 were to come out on 360, it would be detrimental to the game, but it would still be awesome regardless.

FFXIII was basically half of what it was originally supposed to be. I do find it hard to believe that they cut out half of that game just for 360 but I'm sure there were some issues with it.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest 10 and more release.   Dragon Quest 10 and more release. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 5:16 am

Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest 10 and more release.   Dragon Quest 10 and more release. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 9:19 am

Haha that's actually kinda funny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest 10 and more release.   Dragon Quest 10 and more release. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragon Quest 10 and more release.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2