Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dragon Quest VI

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Dragon Quest VI Empty
PostSubject: Dragon Quest VI   Dragon Quest VI Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 12:42 pm

Not to steal Simian's DQ thunder, but last week I bought the DS remake of the 6th installment after learning it was out for like over a damn month(so I guess us Aussie and EU folk weren't that screwed after all)!

It's been pretty good so far. As it runs on the same engine as the previous two DS remakes, the graphics and gameplay is fairly similar. At first it felt awkward to return to this slightly more dated style after enjoying DQIX back at Christmas but I got used to it quickly. Unlike its two predecessors however, the story seems a little more captivating with the whole two worlds thing. Not that the previous two remakes' stories were uninteresting per se, but this one's plot has been a little more gripping.

Too bad your hero probably won't get to bone any chick like 5's protagonist did.
Back to top Go down
MulderYuffie
Deck Hand
MulderYuffie

Dragon Quest VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest VI   Dragon Quest VI Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 11:13 am

VI was a great game and this is the first time it has been released officially in english too! I too enjoyed the plot more than the other two but i would have to still say for whatever reason V>>>>>VI>>>>>IV
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

Dragon Quest VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest VI   Dragon Quest VI Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:47 pm

After I beat VIII is this a good one to go to after?
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Dragon Quest VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest VI   Dragon Quest VI Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 3:03 am

I'd recommend starting with the first of the DS remakes, DQIV. Then play the following two. Their stories aren't actually linked(each game is basically a fresh start similar to Final Fantasy's main installments), but there's a certain pivotal place in all three games that makes them seem like they're all chronologically linked, so it's neat to start with the first of this "trilogy" and continue on from that, noticing the references with the other two following games.

After that, you could also go for DQIX. The story's length is pretty average, but there's a buttload of quests to beat in that.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

Dragon Quest VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest VI   Dragon Quest VI Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 3:30 am

Thanks. I'm starting with VIII because of how highly praised it is and I've never really played any of the Dragon Quests except the first one a bit.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
MulderYuffie
Deck Hand
MulderYuffie

Dragon Quest VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest VI   Dragon Quest VI Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 3:37 am

Zero wrote:
Thanks. I'm starting with VIII because of how highly praised it is and I've never really played any of the Dragon Quests except the first one a bit.
The first one is good but mine is a tie between VIII and V for fav. I also recommend the Monster games. joker 2 comes out mid-ish September.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Dragon Quest VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest VI   Dragon Quest VI Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 3:46 am

I never did get through my first playthrough of DQV but from what I remember, Deborah is the best girl to go with because of how awesome she is.
Back to top Go down
MulderYuffie
Deck Hand
MulderYuffie

Dragon Quest VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest VI   Dragon Quest VI Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 4:57 am

Baal wrote:
I never did get through my first playthrough of DQV but from what I remember, Deborah is the best girl to go with because of how awesome she is.
I'd probably have to say Nera even though the game pretty much guilt trips you into going for Bianca.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Dragon Quest VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest VI   Dragon Quest VI Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 5:01 am

At least it doesn't do what the earlier versions did and pretty much imply that you're damning Bianca to death by going with Nera.
Back to top Go down
MulderYuffie
Deck Hand
MulderYuffie

Dragon Quest VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest VI   Dragon Quest VI Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 5:05 am

Baal wrote:
At least it doesn't do what the earlier versions did and pretty much imply that you're damning Bianca to death by going with Nera.
LOL well i made a save file for each girl so my Hero has his own whore house now.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Dragon Quest VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest VI   Dragon Quest VI Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 5:18 am

I went with Bianca since she's the hero's BFF. Also, her cockney accent comes off as cute/hot(instead of comical) for some reason. Plus you get the bed scene with her. Oh, baby...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dragon Quest VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest VI   Dragon Quest VI Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragon Quest VI
Page 1 of 1