Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dragon Quest IV DS

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Dragon Quest IV DS Empty
PostSubject: Dragon Quest IV DS   Dragon Quest IV DS Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 7:54 am

So yeah, I got my copy. I haven't played much yet, I just trained Ragner to level 6 and got up to the part where I get that heal-slime to join me. Oh and I named my hero Solo after the manga's name for him.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Dragon Quest IV DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest IV DS   Dragon Quest IV DS Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 11:01 am

'Kay now I'm at the 2nd chapter. w00t. The first one was quite short, actually, Ragner friggen leveled like crazy, but these new people are back to lvl one. FUN. =D
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Dragon Quest IV DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest IV DS   Dragon Quest IV DS Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 12:17 pm

does this one have a customisable character system or was 8 the only one with sthat option
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Dragon Quest IV DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest IV DS   Dragon Quest IV DS Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 12:25 pm

8 never had that either(except for Jessica's smexy outfits and the Hero's Dragovain armor set). >_> The only one that's going to have that is 9. Though character classes are kinda in but I think you can equip practically a bunch of crap to anyone such as a sword to that magic user guy. I haven't bothered checking much, just been playing along and such ignoring shops. Razz
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Dragon Quest IV DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest IV DS   Dragon Quest IV DS Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 12:26 pm

oh i meant the skills thing
like the 5 weapon classes
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Dragon Quest IV DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest IV DS   Dragon Quest IV DS Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 12:28 pm

As I said, the weapons seem to go with any character so far but I haven't gotten deep enough to see. I'm pretty sure they do though since each level up doesn't have that skill upgrading option window popping up considering no one's limited to a certain set of weapons.

That thing only came in the late games really, this is based on the classics which didn't really do that.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Dragon Quest IV DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest IV DS   Dragon Quest IV DS Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 12:30 pm

what was 9 on
i don't think i've played it
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Dragon Quest IV DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest IV DS   Dragon Quest IV DS Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 12:34 pm

9 hasn't come out yet, I said that in the other topic. >_>

It's going to be for the DS after the remakes are released(6th being both the last one to be released AND literally, the last one LEFT in Japan right now to be made and sold before 9 will be concentrated on).
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Dragon Quest IV DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest IV DS   Dragon Quest IV DS Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 12:23 pm

MWAHAHAHAHA! I'm doing the money trick now in Chapter 3 before I move on to Chapter 4.

Basically the trick kind of begins at the beginning of the chapter, here's how it works:

Okay, this is the chapter where you play as Torneko(DQVIII fans might've seen his cameo at the Monster Arena lawl, yeah, he's that fat merchant) and he works for his boss at a weapon shop. Mainly you can begin your journey right away, but I spent like 20 minutes selling crap and waiting for someone to pop up and offer Torneko to buy this expensive sword (the same one that Ragner in chapter 1 can find in the dungeon he has to go to) FOR THE SHOP, not for my guy himself. So I finally was able to get it and then I continued the story.

WAAAAAY later, you have to do a quest to earn money by selling a statue so you can buy your OWN shop. After that, Torneko had get some stupid supplies of weapons and armor for some king. After I did that, I got 60, 000 epic gold!!! *drools*.

Finally, I went all the way back to that shop from the first town of the chapter and bought that sword for MYSELF this time. I got like 20 of 'em with all that money. Then I zoomed back to my guy's store and had his wife sell all of them and I got like 90,000 after resting at inns and crap. I did that over until I can shitloads of cash and another 99 of those swords so I can buy these other items until they're also 99.

Now, once I get to the hero's story, the swords and those certain items will carry over and then I can sell them for an amount even more higher than Missingno's amount of cloning master balls while getting high on crap.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Dragon Quest IV DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest IV DS   Dragon Quest IV DS Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 12:27 pm

awesome
must make it kinda easy though
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Dragon Quest IV DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest IV DS   Dragon Quest IV DS Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 12:30 pm

Meh, all it helps is affording armor and weapons easily. And restocking items. But overall, I haven't been needing to do that shit in ages, even in DQ8 I never bought shitloads of crap, just important stuff I needed for my alchemy pot. I just did this just in case there's some over priced rare item crap popping up. I mean, I had to pay some old fucker 60, 000 to open up the cave to move on to chapter 4. >_>
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Dragon Quest IV DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest IV DS   Dragon Quest IV DS Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 12:32 pm

oh right
yeah i guess its annoying when that crap happens
but part of the challenge i found in 8 was having to make a tough choice between what was considered the best items at the time
as i couldn't afford them all
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Dragon Quest IV DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest IV DS   Dragon Quest IV DS Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 12:37 pm

For DQ8, there really isn't a challenge to choosing them, it's easy to progress along with average weapons to tell you the truth. And also equiping decent ones for random encounters like whips and the boomerang to hit all enemies. Though, I attempted a perfect game with DQ8, I must of unintentionally grinded throughout the game since everytime I entered new areas on the map, I searched out to beat all the monster arena creatures and finding treasure chests... That's why I might've gone so smoothly the whole time. Razz
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Dragon Quest IV DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest IV DS   Dragon Quest IV DS Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 12:41 pm

oh right for me i generally had a real lack of money
not at every point in the game but definitely at certain points
and as i don't use FAQs i found it hard to make some of the alchemy mixes
i mean some of the descriptions were vague to say the least
i also never went metal slime hunting which i heard ranks up the team quickly
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Dragon Quest IV DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest IV DS   Dragon Quest IV DS Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 12:44 pm

Pfft, I never needed that metal slime shit a lot, I did train with them a few times but I never did the generic "1 hour spending time doing it" crap, just some quick rounds and then off to adventure. Seriously, anyone can skim through the game fine, if you're lucky to run into any type of metal slime and beat them while adventuring instead of just going to their normal areas and training there, then good for you, there's an extra anyways.
Back to top Go down

Dragon Quest IV DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest IV DS   Dragon Quest IV DS Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 5:47 pm

ROMIN DIS RIGHT NAO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dragon Quest IV DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest IV DS   Dragon Quest IV DS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragon Quest IV DS
Page 1 of 1