Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dragon Quest V

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Dragon Quest V Empty
PostSubject: Dragon Quest V   Dragon Quest V Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 9:09 pm

I just got married to Debora and we're going to the shrine to get this jar thing.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Dragon Quest V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest V   Dragon Quest V Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 9:46 pm

Baal wrote:
I just got married to Debora and we're going to the shrine to get this jar thing.
Dragon Quest V Dabura
grats
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Dragon Quest V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest V   Dragon Quest V Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 9:55 pm

Oh lawdz
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Should of learned English
Haseoviawesome

Dragon Quest V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest V   Dragon Quest V Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 12:17 am

XD
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Dragon Quest V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest V   Dragon Quest V Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 6:40 am

You picked the shemale over the two hot chicks? What a lame-o.
Back to top Go down

Dragon Quest V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest V   Dragon Quest V Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 6:59 am

I'm tired of all these freaking ports of old games. Yeah, it's cool it's on the DS but, what's keeping anyone from playing the old version? Not to mention DQ's stories are always weak as shit, they could've spent time fixing that but, they decided not to.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Dragon Quest V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest V   Dragon Quest V Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 7:11 am

It's not a port, it's a remake. And fuck you, these remakes are awesome, I'm not gonna play outdated stiff fugly shit versions of them on emus.
Back to top Go down

Dragon Quest V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest V   Dragon Quest V Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 7:16 am

Adding color doesn't make a game a remake. It's just an enhanced port.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Dragon Quest V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest V   Dragon Quest V Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 7:18 am

It's not adding color. IT'S A REMAKE, or do you not see the 3D towns and remade sprites.

Seriously, the originals are NES games with a completely different system, the DS games are built from the ground up with their own coding. A port would be Chrono Trigger DS which was the exact same game with added extras, these ones are remade with new 2D and 3D graphics, added extras and changes to fit the current gen DQ gameplay style. The only "port" that you could call one of these is DQIV which uses similar coding from the ps1 remake of the original DQIV.

But DQVDS and the upcoming DQVIDS are both remakes.
Back to top Go down

Dragon Quest V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest V   Dragon Quest V Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 9:13 am

I'm just trolling.

I've never even played it.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Dragon Quest V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest V   Dragon Quest V Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 9:29 am

Then play it.
Back to top Go down

Dragon Quest V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest V   Dragon Quest V Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 9:36 am

I'm not into not seeing your character's battle sprite. I always hated that style of turn base rpg.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Dragon Quest V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest V   Dragon Quest V Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 9:46 am

Well at least they fixed that since DQVIII so we can be glad for that. I'm pissed at how long we have to wait for DQIX to come out in English though, FFS...
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Dragon Quest V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest V   Dragon Quest V Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 1:03 pm

The game really pushes you into choosing Bianca as Abel's wife. I mean if you pick any other one, she ends up living a shit life and having a dead father, if you pick her, the other two continue having happy lives. Plus they totally have the childhood thing going on plus the developers insinuating her as being the "canon" wife and shit.

She's great anyway, useful in battle, has a sex scene with the hero that the other two don't get and she have a hick dialect.
Baal, you're a douche for choosing the shemale bitch one. I should get back to finishing DQ5 now, it's been like 5 months or so since I stopped where I was at. Right at the end too.

Oh yeah, I still lol at how I'm like the luckiest player, I remember when I first started and got a metal slime to join me then later I had my first golem encounter and then it joined me right away too.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Dragon Quest V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest V   Dragon Quest V Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 1:10 pm

i probably should start checking out the other DQs
there good ganes
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Dragon Quest V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest V   Dragon Quest V Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 1:13 pm

Dragon Quest VI's DS trailer came out a short while ago: