Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Tale of Two Sisters

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

A Tale of Two Sisters - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Two Sisters   A Tale of Two Sisters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 8:24 pm

haha, gotta admit, these asians know how to make creepy "monsters"... i sense this is gonna be pretty good further on in the movie..
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Two Sisters   A Tale of Two Sisters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 10:56 pm

Its a pretty weird movie, but i honestly had a hard time following the end. Feel free to discuss it if you get confused which is definitely possible.

Also i heard the remake was absolutely awful, hopefully this won't lose any impact because you've seen that though.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Two Sisters   A Tale of Two Sisters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 11:47 pm

Dark Water was too Japanese for me. Western ghost folklore and Japanese ghost folklore obviously have some key differences that I just couldn't get past. Two Sisters was much easier to understand.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Two Sisters   A Tale of Two Sisters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 11:57 pm

Well the ring trilogy was the same, but even then 2 was a bit odd for me. The western version dropped basically anything that made the film what it was.

But yeah it's easy to understand, why dark water wasn't really appropriate for western audiences.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Two Sisters   A Tale of Two Sisters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 12:21 am

maybe I've seen to many scary movies, or it's just not getting to me anymore.. i mean, the ghost earlier on in the movie was slightly creepy, but that's it...

the one other scary moment (with the hand) you saw coming from a mile away, and that's pretty much all the scaryness there was...

it lacked the tension that a good horror movie has to build imo, and the story was indeed kinda weird, I mean, I think I understood it... but meh..

I expected more..
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Two Sisters   A Tale of Two Sisters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 12:24 am

The bit with the other couple driving home, and the woman saying she saw someone under the sink was the scariest part for me.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Two Sisters   A Tale of Two Sisters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 12:33 am

i think we all thought the same bit was scary. I think the film could've done better. But the fact the film went beyond the point other films normally stop at was interesting to me.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Two Sisters   A Tale of Two Sisters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 12:37 am

well, it was a good and interesting movie.

it just wasn't a good scary movie, felt more like a drama...
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Two Sisters   A Tale of Two Sisters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 12:47 am

yeah teh second half was a bit weird.

I probably need to watch ti twice to appreciate the actual movie as opposed to the early horror elements.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Two Sisters   A Tale of Two Sisters - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Tale of Two Sisters
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2