Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spider-Man: Edge of Time

Go down 
+6
Baal
Superbuu3
Ace
A_Nonny_Moose
Talking Sock
Dr. Chocolate
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

Spider-Man: Edge of Time Empty
PostSubject: Spider-Man: Edge of Time   Spider-Man: Edge of Time Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 12:54 pm

http://www.beenox.com/fr/nouvelles/spider-man_edge_of_time
Quote :
Santa Monica, CA – March 31, 2011 –Activision Publishing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) and Marvel Entertainment (NYSE: MVL) today announced Spider-Man: Edge of Time, where Spider-Man faces one of his greatest challenges ever – saving Spider-Man. Developed by Activision-owned studio Beenox, Spider-Man: Edge of Time challenges the player to take on the roles of both classic Amazing Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2099 to correct a timestream gone awry and prevent a catastrophic future brought on by the early and untimely death of Peter Parker.

“The first Spider-Man entry by Beenox, Spider-Man™: Shattered Dimension was touted as one of the best Spider-Man games to date from both critics and fans,” said Vicharin Vadakan, Director, Global Brand Management. “Beenox is once again taking a fresh and different approach to bring a high-octane adventure and unexpected story to life in Spider-Man: Edge of Time.”

“At Beenox, we are constantly listening to the fans and looking for new and creative ways to innovate the gameplay experience for them,” said Dee Brown, Studio Head, Beenox. “We want to create a totally distinct experience in Spider-Man: Edge of Time by working with Peter David on the story and creating this urgent, high-stakes experience where time is working against you and the fate of Spider-Man hangs in the balance.”

Spider-Man: Edge of Time is a focused, action-packed adventure set in two connected and evolving timelines, from the contemporary times of the Amazing Spider-Man to the corrupted future world of Spider-Man 2099, against the backdrop of a rich, tightly crafted narrative by acclaimed Marvel veteran Peter David (co-creator of the comic book series Spider-Man 2099). The game features all-new “cause-and-effect” gameplay, where players will see how the immediate and sometimes unexpected effects of their actions as one Spider-Man changes the timeline of the other Spider-Man. Spider-Man: Edge of Time is slated for release this fall.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Edge of Time   Spider-Man: Edge of Time Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 1:16 pm

Well, since it's another Beenox game, I hope the combat will be a little less clunky this time. That and hopefully there will be a lot more moves that can help you deal with large clutters of enemies surrounding you. The crowd control was awful in SD and that spinning move wasn't good enough to avoid getting gang-raped by enemies.

I'm a little bit skeptic considering this game's only getting close to a year's worth of development time.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Edge of Time   Spider-Man: Edge of Time Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 1:46 am

Trailer
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Edge of Time   Spider-Man: Edge of Time Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 2:01 am

I get the feeling Beenox just wanted to make a full 2099 game, but Activision is scared of risks to they're stringing it out.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Edge of Time   Spider-Man: Edge of Time Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 1:59 am

Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Edge of Time   Spider-Man: Edge of Time Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 2:03 am

The story and things you do affect the outcome is hopefully good since the story is written by the creator of Spider-Man 2099, especially since he wrote Spider-Man comics for the Amazing universe
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Edge of Time   Spider-Man: Edge of Time Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 8:47 pm

I saw that this was out. But I want to know really how good it is before I get it. I havent played a Spiderman game in ages.
Back to top Go down
http://gantzplayers.proboards.com/
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Edge of Time   Spider-Man: Edge of Time Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 6:31 pm

I think you mixed between this one to be released and the other game already released

The one already released is Shattered Dimensions, it has four different worlds, 2099 is considered an alternate reality in it, it's decent

This one will be released in 2011, it had the writer who created Spider-Man 2099 on the story the way he released him in comics, a guy who becomes Spider-Man in the year 2099, same world as the original Spidey, no alternate reality
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Edge of Time   Spider-Man: Edge of Time Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 8:49 pm

oh you're right. So should I hold out for this or get shattered dementions?
Back to top Go down
http://gantzplayers.proboards.com/
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Edge of Time   Spider-Man: Edge of Time Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:49 pm

This one -from what is shown so far- is basically a rehash of Shattered Dimensions, rent that one and state what you think after finishing it more than twice, if you stomach doing so
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Edge of Time   Spider-Man: Edge of Time Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 2:24 am

My first impression of shattered dimension is that its probably the best spidey man to date, the main problem is it feels like it will be pretty short with not that much replay value before i hundred % it. in less then 3 hours my completion is somthing like 30+%

The production values are great. The real question is will you miss the stealth gameply from noir, seeing as ultimate and amazing spidey are the most similar, the only thing you'll be missing by skipping SD is that. Personally i really enjoyed the arkham asylum style rip off levels.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Edge of Time   Spider-Man: Edge of Time Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 1:20 pm

I love Shattered Dimensions, probably my favorite Spider-Man game to date, but really? 2099? You could've done so much more with a Noir Game, even advanced the gameplay a bit to not make it so Arhkam Asylum-like but oh well, I still enjoyed the 2099 levels somewhat, so it's all good.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Edge of Time   Spider-Man: Edge of Time Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 3:46 pm

Baal wrote:
I love Shattered Dimensions, probably my favorite Spider-Man game to date, but really? 2099? You could've done so much more with a Noir Game, even advanced the gameplay a bit to not make it so Arhkam Asylum-like but oh well, I still enjoyed the 2099 levels somewhat, so it's all good.
It was probably hard for them to keep making shit up. Did they ever make that noir comic they were talking about at the time?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Edge of Time   Spider-Man: Edge of Time Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 4:33 pm

I don't know what Noir comic you're talking about.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Edge of Time   Spider-Man: Edge of Time Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 5:47 pm

Baal wrote:
When the game was released they should due to the positive feedback on the noir dimension they might make a comic, that was pretty much it.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Edge of Time   Spider-Man: Edge of Time Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 6:02 pm

Oh right, I did. Yeah, I haven't heard any news about that so I dunno.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Edge of Time   Spider-Man: Edge of Time Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 12:05 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Baal wrote:
When the game was released they should due to the positive feedback on the noir dimension they might make a comic, that was pretty much it.

Noir was already a comic. None of the dimensions are original universes introduced in the game. The game did introduce the Noir version of Hammerhead though.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Edge of Time   Spider-Man: Edge of Time Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 12:13 am

SOK wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Baal wrote:

Noir was already a comic. None of the dimensions are original universes introduced in the game. The game did introduce the Noir version of Hammerhead though.
All the same it wasn't a long running series and what i was talking about was them considering pushing a full on comic series.

All i know about is there is like 4 comics.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Edge of Time   Spider-Man: Edge of Time Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 12:16 am

Meh. Maybe someday.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Edge of Time   Spider-Man: Edge of Time Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 12:29 am

Every Noir series is a limited series.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Edge of Time   Spider-Man: Edge of Time Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 6:40 am

Anti-Venom! Just because!
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Edge of Time   Spider-Man: Edge of Time Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 9:15 am

Well... now I must buy this game.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Edge of Time   Spider-Man: Edge of Time Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 10:28 am

I forgot you're a fan of Anti-Venom

3 minutes of gameplay
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1106/07/spiderman.htm
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Edge of Time   Spider-Man: Edge of Time Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 11:00 am

That and the fact that this is the first game he's in makes it a pretty big deal.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Edge of Time   Spider-Man: Edge of Time Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 11:01 am

Switching between two characters and effect on time, the thing feels like Onimusha 3
I love that game
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man: Edge of Time   Spider-Man: Edge of Time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spider-Man: Edge of Time
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next