Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Go down 
+12
Baal
Ace
Neo
Superbuu3
Dr. Chocolate
Talking Sock
Golden Boy
Kaio
A_Nonny_Moose
Ellis
Kaede
Skip
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 5:08 am

Okay, the shipyard is blatantly a multiplayer map that has just been shoved into the single player mode. It's becoming increasingly clear that multiplayer came first when this game was being developed.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 5:17 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Okay, the shipyard is blatantly a multiplayer map that has just been shoved into the single player mode. It's becoming increasingly clear that multiplayer came first when this game was being developed.

It would seem that way. You can see that they put a lot of effort into changing things up in the Multiplayer in comparison to the campaign.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 9:38 am

That whole pirate section was really frustrating. It was back to Uncharted 1 style gun fights. "Here's a big room where the enemies can easily get the upper hand. Have fun."
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 10:34 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:

It's not a multiplayer map though. I've seen the following 11 maps:

London Underground
Chateau
Syria
Yemen
Airstrip
Desert Village
City of Brass
Facility
Molten Ruins
Highrise
Museum
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 10:42 am

Your kidding me. It was clearly built for multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 10:46 am

Well, I just checked it and turns out there is a water level: http://uncharted.wikia.com/wiki/Dry_Docks

However, I'm sure it's not available at the moment. Perhaps the wiki is wrong.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 10:53 am

The dry dock area makes sense too. I'll be stunned if the first shipyard area never turns up in MP though.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 11:27 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
The chase in Yemen was so Bourne Ultimatum.
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 BourneUncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 Uncharted3
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 12:17 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
That whole pirate section was really frustrating. It was back to Uncharted 1 style gun fights. "Here's a big room where the enemies can easily get the upper hand. Have fun."

I was thinking the EXACT same thing. It's not the last time in the game you get sequences like that either.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 10:48 pm

The plane crash was stunning.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 10:53 pm

The shipyard was fantastic.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 10:56 pm

It was balls. I don't really understand the pirate section. I guess they pretended to have Sully to make Drake talk, but to build a mock-up Sully and put it in the cargo hold on the ship that Drake was never supposed to get on for Drake to find? It made fuck all sense.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 11:06 pm

I thought the set pieces were fantastic and the level gives you enough freedom in the water so you can survive the fire from enemies very easily. I didn't die once because I was able to use the environment well enough to take down every bastard that came at me and climbing that huge ass freighter was just amazing, the set pieces in this game are fantastic. The chase on Talbot was pretty awesome too but I'm kind of annoyed that the story is just going to keep being "Chase Minion until he outsmarts you until the end of the game where you either kill him, he kills the big bad guy, then you kill him, or he kills himself in some dumb way."

Either way, Talbot and Marlowe have managed to be far more like actual villains than Navarro/Roman and Lazarevic so far, so I can't imagine the story is going to end that badly unless they puss out on the build-up to the Atlantis of the Sands.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 11:08 pm

The platforming setpieces were good. The few big shootouts were a chore though. Especially the ballroom.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 11:36 pm

don't expect too much of the ending...not that it's bad, but I'm pretty sure I already know what the complaints about it are gonna be.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 11:42 pm

Oh there's been plenty of stuff in the story I could complain about alreaady, but it's not a big deal. The actual plot has clearly taken a back seat to character development in this game.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 12:01 am

The problem for me was that the character development didn't feel all that organic.

Also the ballroom sequence is where I put the difficulty setting lower because it was giving me headaches.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 12:56 am

Story sucked because Marlowe and Talbot were so fucking underdeveloped.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 8:03 am

Talbot is an annoying piece of shit that just doesn't go the fuck away no matter what happens. Like Cutter shooting him and then he's magically fine without any sort of wounds and the chase in Yemen when Ramses magically found Drake and Talbot and got to interfere. Reminded me of the bullshit in U1 where there were enemies in an undiscovered secret passage.

But yeah, like Chou said, both Talbot and Marlowe were severely underdeveloped. The story itself seemed too premature where nothing transitioned quite as well as one would have liked and things weren't fleshed out properly. That said, the story wasn't horrible, just not as great as the rest of what the game has to offer.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 11:23 am

Zero wrote:
Talbot is an annoying piece of shit that just doesn't go the fuck away no matter what happens. Like Cutter shooting him and then he's magically fine without any sort of wounds

a. he was wearing a bulletproof vest

b. Cutter was still tripping balls from the drug cause we see him shoot Talbot from his point of view

Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 11:46 am

What's with the constant mention of the ballroom? I don't recall it being so bad, I didn't even die at that part and I suck. I found the airstrip(seriously, is it even possible beat it with stealth, I swore I needed to get only one last guy and I still wound up in a fire fight after offing him) and sandstorm shootouts more bothersome.

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I guess they pretended to have Sully to make Drake talk, but to build a mock-up Sully and put it in the cargo hold on the ship that Drake was never supposed to get on for Drake to find? It made fuck all sense.

Wasn't Drake found out at that point, though? They knew he was on the ship so while he was busy gunning his way through, I guess you were supposed to believe they made the fake Sully quickly.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 12:29 pm

They made the dummy during the 3+ hour ballroom shootout.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 12:37 pm

Was the ballroom really so bad for you? I must have been extremely lucky or channeled my inner awesomeness when I did that bit. If it's the latter, how the hell do I do that again for multiplayer, because I sure as hell ain't good in that(which is sad since I did so well in that first beta).
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 1:40 pm

Oh yay, I'm doing good in a few games this time. Sucked that my last game just ran out of time before I could get around three more medals(out of freaking 17) to check out my Creepy Crawlers kickback. :C
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 3:32 pm

Creepy Crawlers ins't worth it. 17 medals for one kickback when you could have gotten several in that time isn't worth it to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
Page 21 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 29  Next