Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Go down 
+12
Baal
Ace
Neo
Superbuu3
Dr. Chocolate
Talking Sock
Golden Boy
Kaio
A_Nonny_Moose
Ellis
Kaede
Skip
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Zero
The Hero
Zero

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 9:34 pm

The game is amazing so far. I'm really liking the new melee system, though it will take some time getting fully used to.

EDIT: It kinda feels like Assassin's Creed type of fighting but a bit different.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 10:43 pm

Nobody cares about it, but I feel Naughty Dog again pulled character traits out of nowhere (like Elena's crazy obsession with saving people last game) again. It's kind of annoying. Also, can Elena and Nate please act like normal people around each other? Or at least have them IN a relationship or NOT in a relationship. She just showed up in the story and I guess her and Nate got married and divorced? Does this serve any purpose at all? And can Elena have her camcorder back?????
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 11:19 pm

lol, Gamefaqs never ceases to amaze me...

so there's an entire thread of people not knowing why certain things happened or what some things are supposed to mean, even though most of it IS RIGHT THERE IN THE STORY. and then they say the story is lacking ????

I'm thinking most don't even paid attention to it, and some or just too dumb to even piece together a couple of things...

seriously, WOW.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 2:40 am

Kaio wrote:
Nobody cares about it, but I feel Naughty Dog again pulled character traits out of nowhere (like Elena's crazy obsession with saving people last game) again. It's kind of annoying. Also, can Elena and Nate please act like normal people around each other? Or at least have them IN a relationship or NOT in a relationship. She just showed up in the story and I guess her and Nate got married and divorced? Does this serve any purpose at all? And can Elena have her camcorder back?????

I'm hoping by the time I finish the game that whole thing is cleared up. It's been ambiguous since the beginning of her Uncharted 2 debut...

Drake: I'll be right back.
Elena: Famous last words
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 2:42 am

Also, I liked the gun system better back in the first two games. Too much variety of guns for my taste.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 2:46 am

I've never heard anyone say a game has too much variety. It is the spice of life after all.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 5:00 am

Richard Harrow wrote:
I've never heard anyone say a game has too much variety. It is the spice of life after all.

It complicates things in the game. In Uncharted 2, you got a side arm for normal shooting, rapid fire, killing potential and shotgun. In U3, you now have a 3 round burst and a sniping pistol. The variety of the guns gives less diversity between your side arm and heavy gun. There are now two AKs that are exactly the same and the sawed off shotgun is identical to the pistole and inferior to the Moss 12 of U1/2. There is now an extra sniper and that sniping pistol. To me, it's just a clusterfuck.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 1:13 pm

I had no problem with the new guns. The game was pretty much amazing except for the disappointing story.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 3:16 pm

Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 4:11 am

Finished the story mode. The story was sadly inferior to the first two. It had a lot of awesome potential in the beginning and then they didn't do the greatest job transitioning. It was a good plot, but I felt they could have done better. Gameplay was obviously the best it's ever been. I take back what I said about the guns now that I'm more used to them. The Melee system is a great upgrade. I ended up getting 40 treasures out of 100 on my first runthrough which is standard meaning 60 of them were pretty well hidden.

Graphics were stunning, music was pretty good as usual. Great game overall.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 11:14 am

lol, i got about 40 on the first run through..

didn't look for any on my second run, so I didn't find anymore..

doing my third run now checking everywhere for treasures, and I still missed some... (you can see how many treasures you have per chapter in the chapter select)
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 12:01 pm

I knew the gunplay felt different, apparently they changed the whole way bullets work from Uncharted 2.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 4:55 pm

Aiming and movement aiming feel different as well. As soon as you let go of the stick everything instantly stops. I had to adjust the sensitivity quite a few times before it felt comfortale, which I never had to do before.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 11:56 pm

The headshot detection is better at least. Uncharted 1's headshot detection was just OK, 2's was a little better but a lot of times they didn't recognize them but at least most of my headshots are connecting. I haven't really toyed with the aim sensitivity yet but I think I will. I'm on my second runthrough and I've found like 5 extra treasures without looking for them.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 5:44 am

I just found out that there are no unlockable cheat options. I am pissed off.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 6:13 am

Ah, man. The Explorer Edition is great. It's pretty much like the Collector's Edition but with a neat, large chest instead of the smaller box, plus the game's the Special Edition which comes with some DLC stuff. Gonna play the game soon.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 6:17 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I just found out that there are no unlockable cheat options. I am pissed off.

Same here. That feature was incredible in the second one. At least we don't have to get 200 kills with the heavy machine gun this time around when you only have access to it like twice in the game.

Also, the Reload Master and Rolling Ammo Master trophies are ridiculous to get. Word to the wise, always check that when you manual reload that it actually reloaded instead of not responding. That has been the case with me many times

EDIT: Wow, you can actually do Rolling Ammo Master with switching weapons. Nevermind, it's easy as shit.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 8:06 am

I got the special edition too. If I had known there were no tweaks I would have put off buying it at all for a while. I probably won't play the SP half as much as I played the other two because of that. No point in finding the treasures now either.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 9:11 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I got the special edition too. If I had known there were no tweaks I would have put off buying it at all for a while. I probably won't play the SP half as much as I played the other two because of that. No point in finding the treasures now either.

More than half the treasures can be found fairly easily, including the strange relic.I'm gonna catch get them all for the platinum since I platinum'd the first two.

I'm actually pretty close to Platinum. I have 39 more treasures, the RPG trophy, the throwback trophy, the grenade hangman and beat Hard and Crushing. I'll have 3 of those by tomorrow probably and then I'll hold off and take a break from single player for a while before committing to the Platinum.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 12:49 am

I have 11 treasures so far because I stopped looking. Even if I happen to see one I don't bother picking it up.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 1:33 am

Really? It would bug me too much not to pick it up if it's in plain sight. They're pretty bunched together too, because the game is significantly shorter than the second one with the same amount of treasures.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 7:02 pm

God damn, the collector's edition version of this is huge. ANyways, this is probably the last game I'm spending above 20 bucks on for 2011. I've already got UMVC3 and SR3 pre-ordered and there's nothing else I can think of besides the MGS Collection I really want and I can hold off on buying that for a while.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 7:09 pm

Baal wrote:
God damn, the collector's edition version of this is huge.

Pssh. You should see the Explorer Edition.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 7:48 pm

Oh wow, Sully raised Nate? This explains so many things.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 4:17 am

The chase in Yemen was so Bourne Ultimatum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
Page 20 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 29  Next