Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Go down 
+12
Baal
Ace
Neo
Superbuu3
Dr. Chocolate
Talking Sock
Golden Boy
Kaio
A_Nonny_Moose
Ellis
Kaede
Skip
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 11:54 am

I start with the M9
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 2:25 pm

funny thing I noticed, when playing in 3D the game feels more fluid, cant really explain it, you know how the game feels somewhat slow/sluggish sometimes..? don't have that feeling when it's in 3D which is weird...
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 5:52 am

Hunter mode might be the best co-op i've ever played.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 1:38 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
funny thing I noticed, when playing in 3D the game feels more fluid, cant really explain it, you know how the game feels somewhat slow/sluggish sometimes..? don't have that feeling when it's in 3D which is weird...
Does Drake's jiglling buttocks get distracting at any point like when he's slowly climbing a ledge.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 2:42 pm

don't know cause I always played as Sully Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 2:48 pm

You're into silver foxes, eh?
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 5:10 pm

it's the mustache that does it
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 5:31 pm

Damn right you do Psycho, Sully is the man. Best character in Uncharted.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 5:37 pm

Gabriel Roman from the first game is boss cuz he's voiced by Kain. But best character in the series goes to eddy raja. Even if he is dead.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 5:40 pm

No tenzin, he took on a yeti.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 5:48 pm

Elana is pregers in 3. I hope her pregnant self will be a usuable skin online.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 5:52 pm

That would be humo(u)rous.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 6:08 pm

That would be terrible.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 5:57 pm

Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 6:20 pm

"Filthy pirates lead by Eddy Raja."

"Filthy pirates"

"pirates"

This guy knows what he's talking about, cop that, Neo and Buu.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 6:42 pm

Too bad he's from IGN, his opinion might actually mean something otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 2:48 am

Preorder bonuses for those who care:

Best Buy - Regeneration Booster for Multiplayer

Amazon.com - Carpet Bomb Kickback Perk and Clip Size Mod for Para 9 or G-MAL for Multiplayer

GameStop - Creepy Crawler Kickback Perk for Multiplayer

Wal-Mart - Callout Mod for AK-47 for Multiplayer

Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 3:33 am

Mad 802 Love wrote:
Preorder bonuses for those who care:

Best Buy - Regeneration Booster for Multiplayer

Amazon.com - Carpet Bomb Kickback Perk and Clip Size Mod for Para 9 or G-MAL for Multiplayer

GameStop - Creepy Crawler Kickback Perk for Multiplayer

Wal-Mart - Callout Mod for AK-47 for Multiplayer

Is there more extrapolation on what these actually mean?
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 3:57 am

Oh yea sorry I should include them.

The Regeneration booster lets you heal faster. The Carpet Bomb kickback allows you to throw 3 grenades at once and the clip size weapon mods are self-explainable. The Creepy Crawler perk is the one that lets you turn into a swarm of spiders to get kills (was in the beta for those with IGN accounts, I'm sure you guys saw it in action at some point), and the Callout mod shows teammates were the enemy you are shooting at is.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 4:00 am

Mad 802 Love wrote:
Oh yea sorry I should include them.

The Regeneration booster lets you heal faster. The Carpet Bomb kickback allows you to throw 3 grenades at once and the clip size weapon mods are self-explainable. The Creepy Crawler perk is the one that lets you turn into a swarm of spiders to get kills (was in the beta for those with IGN accounts, I'm sure you guys saw it in action at some point), and the Callout mod shows teammates were the enemy you are shooting at is.

Which would you recommend? I haven't played the beta. I'm leaning towards Best Buy, Gamestop or Amazon. Wal-Mart doesn't seem worth it.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 4:03 am

Yea Wal-Marts seems worthless.

I'm gonna get the Amazon one since you get a sweet kickback (three grenades thrown at someone is basically an insta-kill) and clip size increases. All the others only give you one thing. Im not sure if those in the beta who had access to the Creep Crawler perk get to keep it. I still have the IGN code so I hope so. The Regeneration booster seems helpful but I wont need that.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 4:21 am

If you pre-order on Amazon early enough they'll do a release date delivery. They did that when I pre-ordered MvC3.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 4:22 am

Yea I did that for R3 since Gamestops were bullshit. It seems every pre-order perk is better on Amazon.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 5:07 am

Alright I just finished Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and played this starting on hard thinking it would be easy to jump into since I've already dealt with Uncharted 2 but nope, this game fucking killed me. But it killed through either my own stupidity or annoying things the game would do to me.

1. The aiming throws me off fucking constantly. Sometimes I think I've figured out how to change it but nope, it gets worse when I'm trying to change my angle to get through a tight spot but it absolutely refuses to do so.

2. The platforming is annoying at points. I remember in Chapter 11 where I was on the other side of a fence from about three guys and had to jump across a few platforms before shooting down a door and then jumping to the doorway. The problem? I kept sliding off of the fucking platforms while trying to outrun the guns. So I figured I'd try and kill them. I killed them, knocked the door down and whenever I made it to the edge and hit jump, I would slide off of the platform and die... and have to kill them all over again. This happened constantly, whether it was by me not hitting jump at the exact moment or so on, I continued to die from this shit. This was ridiculous, it doesn't help I've wired myself to Uncharted 2 where it would automatically lock you into hanging if you ever run off of the edge.

3. Dodge rolling near cover is annoying. There were parts of the game where I needed to dodge roll a lot from surrounding fire and the game read my inputs sometimes as to take cover, which would lead to me getting gunned down horribly and dying a lot.

4. The last few chapters were a test in patience due to how annoying they set up the firefights. I swear to god, I was ready to quit playing the game when I had to fight another fucking three waves of enemies in Chapter 14 solely because of how tedious it became. It got even worse when I got to the descendants and literally all I had to do during those parts was run and gun, it was pathetic. Uncharted 2 may have had a lot of firefights near the end of the game but it has the courtesy of usually putting them to cinematic set pieces to give them a grander feel, makes giant ones seem more important and gives you enough space to actually plan a form of attack and guarantee you don't die a lot if you plan out your attack.

This did not happen in Uncharted 1. In Uncharted 1, I can recall three occasions on which I had to fucking focus on one enemy because he was either a sniper, had a big gun or had a Desert Eagle meanwhile I'm being chopped to bits by the other mooks solely because if I focus on them for a minute then I'm going to get killed in the blink of an eye by whatever fuckhead is off in the distance. It doesn't help that near the end of Chapter 14 and near the end of Chapter 20 there are wide open spaces for enemies to appear out of nowhere and kill you from behind. Hell, there were points where certain enemies that were supposed to pop up did not and that threw off my whole plan when they showed up later and I got killed out of nowhere.

Now that I'm done bitching about the gameplay, let me give some compliments and minor to big complaints.

1. I do love the scenery, especially the tanker at the end of the game. Everything was so well detailed and beautiful.

2. The music is still great and I never get tired of hearing it.

3. Sully is awesome, I didn't see him enough in Uncharted 2 so I wasn't really as attached to him, but god damn was he great. Elena is awesome too, I can't wait for Uncharted 3 where we see more Sully.

4. The villains suck. Navarro is boring, I don't even remember the British guy's name and Eddy was barely around for me to give two shits about him and it's not really like Lazarevic was much better but at least he had the courtesy of chewing the scenery so I could laugh a bit. The only one who came close to that was Eddy and that was only in his first scene. Navarro's was also awful in that it is the most formulaic boss fight I have seen in this series. Again, yes Lazarevic's fight was not too exciting either but at least he got faster and a became a bit more of a threat compared to Navarro's almost Space Channel 5 esque way of fight.

5. The story is dumb when the zombies get introduced. Like seriously, they didn't even try to build it up and they just went "Oh hey, here are some zombies and Eddy Raja dies because yeah".

6. The melee is kind of hit and miss for me. On one hand, I do like how they have combos and that you can get more ammo from doing a brutal melee combo, it's a pretty good mechanic and gives you more reason to do melee. On the other hand, the basic melee combo is squarex5 which is really stupid for a basic combo because not only does it take forever to do but it's also apparently reversible as I have seen.

7. I heard there was some hate for the jet ski sections and I kind of see why but sort of think it's kind of nothing too. The jet ski sections require you stop and aim a lot which sort of ruins the whole flow of it but it also makes it a lot of fun to just go crazy with whatever weapon Elena has, so yeah.

Anyways, I enjoyed the game up until most of the second half where I began to utterly despise it.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 5:59 am

I pretty much agree with everything you just said. But since I started with Uncharted, it was a bit easier for me to adapt to it and then with Uncharted 2 it was like a breath of fresh air in comparison.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
Page 12 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20 ... 29  Next