Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"The Dark Knight Rises"...?

Go down 
+15
Zero
SSMG
A_Nonny_Moose
Savage
Skip
Kaede
Kaio
Superbuu3
Neo
Charlie Sheen
Baal
DeeCee
Kimarous
Dr. Chocolate
Talking Sock
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

"The Dark Knight Rises"...? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Dark Knight Rises"...?   "The Dark Knight Rises"...? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 3:05 pm

So is Gordon-Levitt confirmed to be Azrael yet?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: "The Dark Knight Rises"...?   "The Dark Knight Rises"...? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 2:31 am

My friends, I am off to see TDKR. I shall bring tidings of how it was when I return.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: "The Dark Knight Rises"...?   "The Dark Knight Rises"...? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 6:35 am

Well, that was pretty, pretty, pretty good, although I wish the ending was a bit stronger.

Hard to gauge whether it's better than TDK or not yet, though. It's definitely bigger in scope and action, that's for sure.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: "The Dark Knight Rises"...?   "The Dark Knight Rises"...? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 6:48 am

Does Batman die or retire? Is JGL Azrael/Robin?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: "The Dark Knight Rises"...?   "The Dark Knight Rises"...? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 7:22 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: "The Dark Knight Rises"...?   "The Dark Knight Rises"...? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 3:16 am

Gotta say, I enjoyed this movie a lot and more than DK. Although, I'm gonna say DK was overall the better film. Anyways, I loved JGL and Anne Hathway, their respective characters were great and so were the portrayals. The ending I can't make my mind up about because it is pretty jarring except for
Spoiler:
Bane is a fantastic villain although he sounded really funny and it sort of took the seriousness away during a few scenes. It's especially apparent near the beginning of the film when he's being very affable and almost seems like he's very self-aware of the idea he's a villain from a comic book.

However there was a really dumb plot twist near the end with
Spoiler:
Overall though, it was a great experience and watching it with my mother, who reacted to everything pretty hilariously, was fun too.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: "The Dark Knight Rises"...?   "The Dark Knight Rises"...? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 3:22 am

Baal wrote:
Bane is a fantastic villain although he sounded really funny and it sort of took the seriousness away during a few scenes. It's especially apparent near the beginning of the film when he's being very affable and almost seems like he's very self-aware of the idea he's a villain from a comic book.

Mmmyes. Although, I wouldn't say I was bothered by it. Instead of being annoying, that hamminess in the way he talks actually kind of adds to his character. I get the feeling that without it, he wouldn't have been as entertaining or memorable.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: "The Dark Knight Rises"...?   "The Dark Knight Rises"...? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 5:34 am

Just saw this in IMAX. Loved the hell out of it.

Baal wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: "The Dark Knight Rises"...?   "The Dark Knight Rises"...? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 2:57 pm

Casa Stark wrote:
they're always so grating and out of place. it's like:

something something PURRFECT

something something CAT BURGLAR

something something GOOD THING I ALWAYS LAND ON MY FEET
Just saw the film and this never happened. I don't think she was ever even called Catwoman.

It was a good film, especially the ending, but the thing that made The Dark Knight so great was Ledger and Eckhart's performances. This film doesn't really have anything like that. Tom Hardy is certainly capable of it, but he was behind that mask the whole time and his voice was disguised as well.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: "The Dark Knight Rises"...?   "The Dark Knight Rises"...? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 3:14 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Just saw the film and this never happened. I don't think she was ever even called Catwoman.

There was one instance where she said "Cat got your tongue?", but other than that, there's nothing else I can recall.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: "The Dark Knight Rises"...?   "The Dark Knight Rises"...? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 4:07 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: "The Dark Knight Rises"...?   "The Dark Knight Rises"...? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 4:12 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: "The Dark Knight Rises"...?   "The Dark Knight Rises"...? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 4:14 pm

I don't mean he didn't deserve it, just as an image on the screen it was a bit too much to take.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: "The Dark Knight Rises"...?   "The Dark Knight Rises"...? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 4:15 pm

Well I can understand that, it was pretty polarizing.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: "The Dark Knight Rises"...?   "The Dark Knight Rises"...? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 4:18 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: "The Dark Knight Rises"...?   "The Dark Knight Rises"...? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 9:45 pm

Watched the first two this evening in preparation. Nervous.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: "The Dark Knight Rises"...?   "The Dark Knight Rises"...? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 10:16 pm

I saw TDK over the weekend. Good film, but there's something cold and clinical in it that stops me from loving it. It's like... all the ingredients are there, but there's still something missing.

And yes, I realise I'm probably alone there.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: "The Dark Knight Rises"...?   "The Dark Knight Rises"...? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 3:36 am

No, you're not alone. The film's pretty enjoyable, but admittedly, it is as little more disjointed than the previous two installments when looking back at it. As it was the last film in this trilogy, it feels like they decided to make it a crazy, fun spectacle that caters to our dumb, emotional, irrational side for a change. It's still well-written for the most part, but it does have its share of clunkiness.
Back to top Go down
Syntek
Deck Hand
Syntek

PostSubject: Re: "The Dark Knight Rises"...?   "The Dark Knight Rises"...? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 3:57 pm

I really enjoyed it. Much different tone than the previous two and it's not a cerebral as the last one for sure, but it's very good. IMAX was definitely the way to see it if you get the opportunity to do so.

I loved the cameo from the Cillian Murphy reprising the Scarecrow.(Should have his own film)

I just don’t think I can really complain about the film much at all.

However, they showed some of the Steelers during the opening of the stadium scene, and living in Pittsburgh of course most of the crowd cheered like the rednecks they are. That’s still just a little sick and disappointing to me that people will cheer for a rapist because he can throw a ball.

Apparently Rape is bad unless it interferes with Football.

At any rate this made me want to go home and play Arkham city for a 4th time. And the way I see it as long as a comic book based movie is even half decent story wise, looks good, and the super heroes costume doesn’t have nipples, it’s fine by me.

I’ll watch this at least a few more times.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: "The Dark Knight Rises"...?   "The Dark Knight Rises"...? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 3:02 am

well, this was a rather dull movie.

the best part of it was the ending and even that was a ruined one..

Spoiler:

not that it was really bad, i just thought it was very dull at times, and too predicatble imo.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: "The Dark Knight Rises"...?   "The Dark Knight Rises"...? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 4:08 am

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: "The Dark Knight Rises"...?   "The Dark Knight Rises"...? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 10:58 am

well ok then.. but still..
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: "The Dark Knight Rises"...?   "The Dark Knight Rises"...? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:26 am

Sora wrote:
No, you're not alone. The film's pretty enjoyable, but admittedly, it is as little more disjointed than the previous two installments when looking back at it. As it was the last film in this trilogy, it feels like they decided to make it a crazy, fun spectacle that caters to our dumb, emotional, irrational side for a change. It's still well-written for the most part, but it does have its share of clunkiness.

My apologies, but it seems I wasn't clear enough. When I said TDK, I meant The Dark Knight, not Rises.

For what it's worth, I saw Rises yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. Tom Hardy's Bane was a monster, albeit slightly less scary than Ledger's Joker, and Hathaway's Selina Kyle just goes to show that putting any woman in a skin tight catsuit will increase their sex appeal ten fold. Seriously, I've never really thought she was anything special but... damn. That cat suit. The ending seems to have been a bit marmite too, but I thought it was just about perfect, my only real gripe with the whole film being
Spoiler:

And yes, I thought it was more entertaining than The Dark Knight, which still leaves me a little cold.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: "The Dark Knight Rises"...?   "The Dark Knight Rises"...? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:35 am

SimianWonder wrote:
Sora wrote:

My apologies, but it seems I wasn't clear enough. When I said TDK, I meant The Dark Knight, not Rises.

Hahahaha, I see. I thought that was just a typo and you were talking about this film. Derp.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: "The Dark Knight Rises"...?   "The Dark Knight Rises"...? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:41 am

So I finally got around to watching this.

Overall, I'd say I'm fairly underwhelmed. It tried to do too much and didn't really succeed at anything - someone else said that it had all the elements that would make a great movie but they never seemed to click together and I'd agree quite readily with that. Gordon felt under utilized. JGL was okay, probably should have been introduced in an earlier movie. Bane was great but the twist at the end kind of undermines him and I guess I'll have to continue waiting for the day an adaption does Bane right. I liked Anne Hathaway but her relationship with Batman felt kind of forced (and they couldn't resist a cat pun, I fucking knew it). I also think they made a mistake by having an eight year time skip, it just made everything feel alien again since we were being introduced to all these characters simultaneously and expected to just accept all these concepts like the neutron bomb, the Dent Act and Batman's retirement. For the first 30 minutes or so I just kept thinking that it felt wrong somehow, like it didn't feel like a natural continuation to TDK.

Spoiler:

Something about Batman himself also bugged me but I can't put my finger on what. Actually I think I can: it didn't feel like he was Batman. It felt like he was Bruce Wayne. You could argue that that was intentional - to show how disassociated he's become from the symbol in the eight years - but to me at least I'm so used to the interpretation that Batman is Batman all the time and Bruce Wayne is the mask that this version of him feels so inherently wrong.

Also, I'm not the only one who thought the fight choreography for the brawls were kind of shit right? They felt like rehearsals, with each mook waiting for his turn to get beaten up. Batman/Bane fights were decent at least.

The ending was spectacular though, for that reason alone I'm happy with the movie. I loved how they interpreted the Lazarus Pit too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "The Dark Knight Rises"...?   "The Dark Knight Rises"...? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"The Dark Knight Rises"...?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next