Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3

Go down 
+3
A_Nonny_Moose
MasterofReality
Superbuu3
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3 Empty
PostSubject: The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3   The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 6:56 pm

Ok everyone has been saying this films great, so i'll try to review it without revealing any spoilers.

Before I Start

Ok so people have been going on about this film a lot, but the weary of you may have resisted going to the cinema to watch this for one simple reason. The guy playing joker Heath Ledger died before this film was released. Obviously this was a tragedy, but this also leaves some people thinking that the sole reason people went on about his performance maybe linked to the fact he was a young actor he met a tragic end.

Let me just say this now before i move on, the fact is the part of the joker is written very well, but ledger puts in an amazing performance. Part of the reason i enjoyed this performance was because I hadn't really ever seen Ledger in a film, so i really had no idea what he was capable of. There was always the problem of having a A-list actor playing a part that everyone is familiar with and people remember the face behind the mask.

Main Review

Though I will talk about the joker for a bit first, there are plenty of interesting characters in this movie.

I'm not sure how many of you people are batman fans. Personally I never have been much of a batman fan, I thought that batman begins was a great film though. Nolan seems to have worked his magic with this sequel to. For a lot of people the only time you really knew the joker was when you saw Jack Nicholson in Tim Burton's Batman. That film had the joker play out as more of a gangster who liked make up rather then anything particularly menacing, despite a magnificent performance by nicholson. Others may remember the joker from Hamills version in the animated show, which was always good but never could be quite as menacing as the Joker should be.

However in the Dark Knight the joker is an altogether more cagier character, and the character is truly unpredictable. Whenever the joker is on screen your never quite sure exactly what will happen due ti the characters unpredictability. I personally loved this as for the first time in a while i was actually finding this character unsettling. What adds to the jokers menacing actions throughout the films is how all of his actions are fairly plausible. This is no supervillain, this is just a normal human (albeit a crazy one) who uses his wits to outsmart everyone.

Throughout this film you will genuinely feel the torment of the people involved in this. Don't let the fact that just because ledger puts in a great performance that he is the only star to shine in this film. Bale is once again as amazing as ever in his role of Batman. In this film you can once again feel the problems that the average super hero has to suffer and deal with due to having a dual identity. Annoyingly Maggie Gylenhal has taken up the part of Bruce Wayne's childhood friend (played by Katie Holmes in the original), I think she puts in a good performance, but i generally dislike it when characters are recast between films.

The film moves along at a decent pace. This isn't the kind of film that you will be wondering how much longer is left, just because the story throws something at you constantly. You will be striving to work out how this film will reach its climactic end and what will happen as the joker and batman meet in there final clash.

I would have written more but i don't really want to ruin the plot and i urge anyone who hasn't seen this yet to goto the cinema and watch it now.

Last edited by Superbuu3 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
MasterofReality
Deck Hand
MasterofReality

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3   The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 10:42 pm

I agree, good review superbuu.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3   The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 11:05 pm

thanks i was hoping someone was gonna read it
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3   The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 2:03 pm

I agree. Especially on the Joker stuff and the Nicholson comparison.

And you're right about Ledger not being the only star. For me, Aaron Eckhart (Harvey Dent) very nearly stole the show. He was amazing. Both times I saw the film, his final scene was the most tense, gripping scene in the film. Even beating out the Jokers scenes in the police station (his best scenes in my opinion).
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3   The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 2:04 pm

yeah i thought that he was great to
and TBH he was just a damn cool character in general
Back to top Go down
Snake
General Zombie
Snake

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3   The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 3:52 pm

Monkey D. Luffy wrote:
Ok everyone has been saying this films great, so i'll try to review it without revealing any spoilers.

Before I Start

Ok so people have been going on about this film a lot, but the weary of you may have resisted going to the cinema to watch this for one simple reason. The guy playing joker Heath Ledger died before this film was released. Obviously this was a tragedy, but this also leaves some people thinking that the sole reason people went on about his performance maybe linked to the fact he was a young actor he met a tragic end.

Let me just say this now before i move on, the fact is the part of the joker is written very well, but ledger puts in an amazing performance. Part of the reason i enjoyed this performance was because I hadn't really ever seen Ledger in a film, so i really had no idea what he was capable of. There was always the problem of having a high role actor playing a part that everyone is familiar with and people remember the face behind the mask.

Main Review

Well done, though I have yet to see it for myself.

Though I will talk about the joker for a bit first, there are plenty of interesting characters in this movie.

I'm not sure how many of you people are batman fans. Personally I never have been much of a batman fan, I thought that batman begins was a great film though. Nolan seems to have worked his magic with this sequel to. For a lot of people the only time you really knew the joker was when you saw Jack Nicholson in Tim Burton's Batman. That film had the joker play out as more of a gangster who liked make up rather then anything particularly menacing, despite a magnificent person by nicholson. Others may remember the joker from Hamills version in the animated show, which was always good but never could be quite as menacing as the Joker should be.

However in the Dark Knight the joker is an altogether more cagier character, and the character is truly unpredictable. Whenever the joker is on screen your never quite sure exactly what will happen due ti the characters unpredictability. I personally loved this as for the first time in a while i was actually finding this character unsettling. What adds to the jokers menacing actions throughout the films is how all of his actions are fairly plausible. This is no supervillain, this is just a normal human (albeit a crazy one) who uses his wits to outsmart everyone.

Throughout this film you will genuinely feel the torment of the people involved in this. Don't let the fact that just because ledger puts in a great performance that he is the only star to shine in this film. Bale is once again as amazing as ever in his role of Batman. In this film you can once again feel the problems that the average super hero has to suffer and deal with due to having a dual identity. Annoyingly Maggie Gylenhal has taken up the part of Bruce Wayne's childhood friend (played by Katie Holmes in the original), I think she puts in a good performance, but i generally dislike it when characters are recast between films.

The film moves along at a decent pace. This isn't the kind of film that you will be wondering how much longer is left, just because the story throws something at you constantly. You will be striving to work out how this film will reach its climactic end and what will happen as the joker and batman meet in there final clash.

I would have written more but i don't really want to ruin the plot and i urge anyone who hasn't seen this yet to goto the cinema and watch it now.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net/
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3   The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 3:55 pm

Good job
Back to top Go down
Snake
General Zombie
Snake

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3   The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 3:57 pm

Well, I actually meant to say something about his review, but I didn't see it in my post. Either way, I say good job too.
Back to top Go down
Chrona
Skypiea Priest
Chrona

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3   The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 4:04 pm

I enjoyed the movie =p

Hope there will be a sequel, but I doubt they can make it as awesome

Still haven't seen the first though, I should give it a look sometime
Back to top Go down
Snake
General Zombie
Snake

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3   The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 4:09 pm

Batman Begins is awesome! More or less, it puts all the Batman movies before that one to shame, except for maybe Batman Forever with Val Kilmer (he's a good actor).
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3   The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 4:11 pm

yeah batman begins is great
should i write more reviews?
Back to top Go down
Chrona
Skypiea Priest
Chrona

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3   The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 4:12 pm

Yep

What about Batman and Robin? That was the BEST movie ever
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3   The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 4:13 pm

eeeeeeeeeeeeeek!
Back to top Go down
Snake
General Zombie
Snake

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3   The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 4:14 pm

Monkey D. Luffy wrote:
yeah batman begins is great
should i write more reviews?

Why not? You could review Batman Begins and why you thought it was good, for starters.
Back to top Go down
Chrona
Skypiea Priest
Chrona

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3   The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 4:14 pm

Ooh, fun
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3   The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 4:25 pm

cool i will do
i didn't realise people actually read this
Back to top Go down
Chrona
Skypiea Priest
Chrona

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3   The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 4:25 pm

Why wouldn't we?
Back to top Go down
Snake
General Zombie
Snake

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3   The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 4:33 pm

I like to read movie reviews once in a while, as long as they make sense like Luffy's did. That's just like how I want my humor too.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3   The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 7:57 pm

Chrona wrote:
Why wouldn't we?
i thought people may not consider my opinion on a movie good enough i guess
Back to top Go down
Chrona
Skypiea Priest
Chrona

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3   The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 8:05 pm

Dewd, you're the admin

We *HAVE* to suck up to you so we can break the rules, which includes faking interest in your boring reviews!

Also, Joker was sweet
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3   The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 8:32 pm

lol i'll take that as a compliment
Back to top Go down
Chrona
Skypiea Priest
Chrona

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3   The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 8:38 pm

Go riiiight ahead

MWAHAHAHAHA

*kicks*
Back to top Go down
zeik2012
Deck Hand
zeik2012

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3   The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 12:08 pm

I honestly think I'll read movie reviews off of this instead of listening as to what my friends have to say about them. I like how you mentioned the small recast roll of batman's childhood friend. I also was annoyed by that fact. Freakin' hollywood always got to screw something good up.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3   The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 3:00 pm

yeah i probably should start writing these again
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3   The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 6:05 pm

Maggie Gylanhaal (or whatever) should have been a great recast, but for some reason it seemed like she trying to act like Katie Holmes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3   The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dark Knight Review - Superbuu3
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next