Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I finally saw The Spirit and The Dark Knight yesterday

Go down 
+3
Talking Sock
A_Nonny_Moose
Baal
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

I finally saw The Spirit and The Dark Knight yesterday Empty
PostSubject: I finally saw The Spirit and The Dark Knight yesterday   I finally saw The Spirit and The Dark Knight yesterday Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 7:06 pm

This is not a review.

I liked The Spirit. It was both funny and kick ass.

The Dark Knight was good too. I liked Two-Face more than The Joker though. I'm probably in a minority there though.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I finally saw The Spirit and The Dark Knight yesterday   I finally saw The Spirit and The Dark Knight yesterday Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 7:08 pm

Two-Face does have the best scene in the film.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: I finally saw The Spirit and The Dark Knight yesterday   I finally saw The Spirit and The Dark Knight yesterday Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 7:10 pm

Yeah, even though the Joker was win, Two-Face no doubt added more intensity to the big screen back then.

SAY IT!
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: I finally saw The Spirit and The Dark Knight yesterday   I finally saw The Spirit and The Dark Knight yesterday Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 7:12 pm

I know I'm probably in the minority, but I do think TDK was overated. It was a good film, but not a great one.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: I finally saw The Spirit and The Dark Knight yesterday   I finally saw The Spirit and The Dark Knight yesterday Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 7:16 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
I know I'm probably in the minority, but I do think TDK was overated. It was a good film, but not a great one.
. I agree.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I finally saw The Spirit and The Dark Knight yesterday   I finally saw The Spirit and The Dark Knight yesterday Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 7:18 pm

I think of it as a great film. Pretty much perfect for what it was.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: I finally saw The Spirit and The Dark Knight yesterday   I finally saw The Spirit and The Dark Knight yesterday Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 7:20 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I think of it as a great film. Pretty much perfect for what it was.

It wasn't perfect, not by a long shot. I won't get too into it here, as I've already stated my criticisms on numerous occasions.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: I finally saw The Spirit and The Dark Knight yesterday   I finally saw The Spirit and The Dark Knight yesterday Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 7:21 pm

TDK was probably the best movie of 2008 for me.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: I finally saw The Spirit and The Dark Knight yesterday   I finally saw The Spirit and The Dark Knight yesterday Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 7:24 pm

Roronoa Kaio wrote:
TDK was probably the best movie of 2008 for me.

I said it a few motnhs ago, but Kung Fu Panda is still mine. Hugely entertaining.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I finally saw The Spirit and The Dark Knight yesterday   I finally saw The Spirit and The Dark Knight yesterday Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 7:26 pm

Oh I know what you think already. But for me, the film did everything it set out to do, and it did damn well. The biggest problem with the film is the Rachel character, and only because for the most part recasting her didn't make any difference. It was like Maggie imagined how Katie Holmes would do it, and then did it that way. The only difference was that I don't think Katie would have been as good in her last scene.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: I finally saw The Spirit and The Dark Knight yesterday   I finally saw The Spirit and The Dark Knight yesterday Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 8:00 pm

I think the film works better on the big screen. On your normal tv, the epicness of the crime drama just loses some impact on you...Also, TDK's overratedness is some what deserving. For once we got an overly hyped out movie which actually turned out to be mind blowing instead of a big batch of fail.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I finally saw The Spirit and The Dark Knight yesterday   I finally saw The Spirit and The Dark Knight yesterday Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 8:28 pm

Wait a minute... Baal hadn't seen TDK before? He was talking about why he didn't like TDK's Joker ins some other topic a while ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I finally saw The Spirit and The Dark Knight yesterday   I finally saw The Spirit and The Dark Knight yesterday Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 8:49 pm

Because he's a homosexual.
Back to top Go down
Scratchin' Bastard

PostSubject: Re: I finally saw The Spirit and The Dark Knight yesterday   I finally saw The Spirit and The Dark Knight yesterday Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 8:51 pm

I was expecting too much from TDK and thought it wasn't as OMFG GOD FUCKING AMAZING as I thought it would be

Fuck you guys and fuck the rest of America.

But shit, it was still a great movie.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: I finally saw The Spirit and The Dark Knight yesterday   I finally saw The Spirit and The Dark Knight yesterday Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 8:52 pm

I lied.
Back to top Go down
Scratchin' Bastard

PostSubject: Re: I finally saw The Spirit and The Dark Knight yesterday   I finally saw The Spirit and The Dark Knight yesterday Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 8:53 pm

Joker is a fucking badass and Two-Face was just a cunt
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I finally saw The Spirit and The Dark Knight yesterday   I finally saw The Spirit and The Dark Knight yesterday Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 2:22 am

DevilKingBaal wrote:
This is not a review.

I liked The Spirit. It was both funny and kick ass.

The Dark Knight was good too. I liked Two-Face more than The Joker though. I'm probably in a minority there though.

i think a lot of people appreciated eckhart
i even said he was great in my review
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I finally saw The Spirit and The Dark Knight yesterday   I finally saw The Spirit and The Dark Knight yesterday Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 2:22 am

SimianWonder wrote:
i agree

you are in the minority

it was a great film
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I finally saw The Spirit and The Dark Knight yesterday   I finally saw The Spirit and The Dark Knight yesterday Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I finally saw The Spirit and The Dark Knight yesterday
Page 1 of 1