Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Watched crisis on two earths

Go down 
+3
Talking Sock
Baal
Superbuu3
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Watched crisis on two earths Empty
PostSubject: Watched crisis on two earths   Watched crisis on two earths Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 12:25 am

I now see where baal got his avatar from. It was alright not amazin not sure if this was based on a miniseries or was just a made up one.

Plot really wasn't that intresting it was like a crapper version of that one justice league where they fight the justice lords, even though the plot was different it was basically JL fight alternate cersions of themselves and everything rides on batman because everything always rides on batman in the end. This is exactly why i'm not that big a fan of batman a couple of scenes are ridiculously inconsistent, so i weren't a fan of those. Like how owlman was on par with wonderwoman at one point and then fighting evenly with batman.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: Watched crisis on two earths   Watched crisis on two earths Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 12:41 am

Did Baal recommend these to you or did you just start watching these on a whim?

Last edited by Babby on Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Watched crisis on two earths   Watched crisis on two earths Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 12:45 am

Well i was looking for the next avengers for my nephew then seeing how baal mentioned the red hood i thought i'd watch it, that was actually really good.

This on the other hand was a complete waste of time, i think i might give public enemies a chance before i assume anything else is most likely gonna be shit. Besides i was bored and i can't be assed to watch any new anime, i know i won't like anything else anywhere near as much as i like one piece.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Watched crisis on two earths   Watched crisis on two earths Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 12:58 am

I liked this a lot. Good voice acting, the story was simple but interesting and Slade was the fucking president in the alternate universe.

...That romance between J'onn and Rose was contrived as all hell though.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Watched crisis on two earths   Watched crisis on two earths Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 1:03 am

Baal wrote:
I liked this a lot. Good voice acting, the story was simple but interesting and Slade was the fucking president in the alternate universe.

...That romance between J'onn and Rose was contrived as all hell though.
Oh right i had absolutely no idea who that president was i was assuming it was a character i should of known. Wonderwoman's alternate psychopath was the best character in the movie.

I actually didn't like the VAs but i did watch this immediately after under the red hood which might explain why i was judging it so harshly, i think i'm gonna watch public enemies if its shit though i'm gonna stop watching these movies now and find something else to watch.

Totally agree it also made me sick i was glad they didn't kiss.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Watched crisis on two earths   Watched crisis on two earths Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 1:08 am

It's mainly James Woods that stuck out, but it was also nice to see the entire movie wasn't about the heroes on the other Earth. It was nice to see Aquaman kick ass outside of his environment and be voiced by Spider-Man from SSM and Black Canary was a fucking badass.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Watched crisis on two earths   Watched crisis on two earths Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 1:14 am

Baal wrote:
It's mainly James Woods that stuck out, but it was also nice to see the entire movie wasn't about the heroes on the other Earth. It was nice to see Aquaman kick ass outside of his environment and be voiced by Spider-Man from SSM and Black Canary was a fucking badass.
It was nice to see a green arrow in it and aquaman considering how those characters get shafted a lot. I also liked the appearance of hal jordan.

Yeah james woods is great, took me a while to realise it was him. Mafia superman annoyed me though and the alternate flash.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Watched crisis on two earths   Watched crisis on two earths Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 1:17 am

Are you kidding me? Guido Superman was hilarious, made better by the fact he's the current guy voicing Captain America and Johnny Quick's accent is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Watched crisis on two earths   Watched crisis on two earths Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 1:20 am

Also, Evil Jimmy Olsen... I could not stop laughing.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Watched crisis on two earths   Watched crisis on two earths Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 1:22 am

Baal wrote:
Are you kidding me? Guido Superman was hilarious, made better by the fact he's the current guy voicing Captain America and Johnny Quick's accent is awesome.
I think the novelty of english accents on characters in american shows generally annoys me more cause i hear people talk like that in general, well not that thick an accent. Guido superman was funny but i also found it jarring later on in the movie. I mean i get it there meant to be a super mafia, i just found the whole thing a bit much we already had them being referred to as a syndicate, having families and having made men.

That said the VAs weren't actually bad i just didn't like em so much and like i said the VAs in red hood were spot on for me.

So is public enemies worth watching?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Watched crisis on two earths   Watched crisis on two earths Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 1:26 am

Haven't watched it, I've heard mixed opinions. Stay away from Apocalypse though if you don't want to laugh for an entire movie.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Watched crisis on two earths   Watched crisis on two earths Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 1:28 am

Baal wrote:
Haven't watched it, I've heard mixed opinions. Stay away from Apocalypse though if you don't want to laugh for an entire movie.
As in its bad or depressing. Also i've never heard of it. What about that one where supes dies?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Watched crisis on two earths   Watched crisis on two earths Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 1:30 am

As in, the art style makes Superman look so fucking pretty you can not watch this without laughing. And the one where Superman dies? Dunno, I haven't been too privvy on Superman movies.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Watched crisis on two earths   Watched crisis on two earths Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 1:34 am

Oh right well if you see naything you think is anywhere near as good as red hood i'm all ears. That was really entertaining and i honestly never expected to get that into an animated movie. Having seen the ultimate avengers movies in the past those were average at best, except when hulk wailed on the avengers almost rendering the villains pointless, epic fight though.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Watched crisis on two earths   Watched crisis on two earths Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 1:43 am

Baal wrote:
As in, the art style makes Superman look so fucking pretty you can not watch this without laughing. And the one where Superman dies? Dunno, I haven't been too privvy on Superman movies.

It was alright(depending on if you are fine with stories involving evil clones). Nothing amazing. He fights Doomsday for a bit, he defeats him but he dies, he gets cloned, the original turns out to be alive, returns to fight the clone and wins, the end.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Watched crisis on two earths   Watched crisis on two earths Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 1:43 am

Baal wrote:
As in, the art style makes Superman look so fucking pretty

Haha, he's not even joking, it's fucking hilarious. I wish I had a screen shot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Watched crisis on two earths   Watched crisis on two earths Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 1:50 am

Spoiler:

Reminds me of MJ for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Watched crisis on two earths   Watched crisis on two earths Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 1:54 am

Nah, more like Prince.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Watched crisis on two earths   Watched crisis on two earths Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 1:55 am

Here's two pictures using the Superman template. Might I remind you, this was from the Apocalypse movie although it was painted over as Lady Gaga and Wolverine.
Spoiler:
Yes, this was a meme for a while.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: Watched crisis on two earths   Watched crisis on two earths Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 2:31 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Plot really wasn't that intresting it was like a crapper version of that one justice league where they fight the justice lords
This film started life as a script written by Dwayne McDuffie (Justice League/JLU) to bridge the gap between “Justice League” and what was initially pitched as a spin-off show but became “Justice League Unlimited.” When JLU became a continuation of the JL the film was scrapped, but the idea eventually became the episode “A Better World” featuring the “Justice Lords,” totalitarian versions of the Justice League. The original script titled “Justice League: Worlds Collide,” which borrowed ideas from an old Gardner Fox “Crisis” storyline that first introduced the “Crime Syndicate”, and Grant Morrison’s “Earth 2,” which reintroduced the group into modern day, was shelved but remained a plausible idea for DC’s then upcoming series of direct to DVD films.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Watched crisis on two earths   Watched crisis on two earths Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 6:54 am

I didn't mind it, wasn't as good as Under the Red Hood, but wasn't especially bad.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Watched crisis on two earths   Watched crisis on two earths Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 7:12 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
I now see where baal got his avatar from. It was alright not amazin not sure if this was based on a miniseries or was just a made up one.

Plot really wasn't that intresting it was like a crapper version of that one justice league where they fight the justice lords, even though the plot was different it was basically JL fight alternate cersions of themselves and everything rides on batman because everything always rides on batman in the end. This is exactly why i'm not that big a fan of batman a couple of scenes are ridiculously inconsistent, so i weren't a fan of those. Like how owlman was on par with wonderwoman at one point and then fighting evenly with batman.
How about only when he's in the Justice League? Cause his solo shows are fun and have a normal vigilante Batman when he is not with the band of meta-humans
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Watched crisis on two earths   Watched crisis on two earths Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 7:13 pm

Spider-Aziz wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:

How about only when he's in the Justice League? Cause his solo shows are fun and have a normal vigilante Batman when he is not with the band of meta-humans

I liked B:TAS and the red hood a lot.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Watched crisis on two earths   Watched crisis on two earths Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 7:22 pm

This movie is decent, better than "New Frontier", but the Flash from that movie is better, and the voice of NPH makes it even more worth watching his scenes
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Watched crisis on two earths   Watched crisis on two earths Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 7:32 pm

Yeah NPH is great.

I hated New frontier although i saw that ages ago so can't remember it or if the flash was good. Generally speaking i liked Michael rosenbaum as flash.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watched crisis on two earths   Watched crisis on two earths Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Watched crisis on two earths
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next